Someone did not know what they had by Imnuts
Started on: 11-17-2014 02:29 PM
Replies: 20 (756 views)
Last post by: chrissin712 on 11-20-2014 12:45 PM
Imnuts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been looking for an 84 Indy but I missed out on this one it had already sold and was only 30 minutes from my home.

http://cincinnati.craigslis.../cto/4762466130.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bets on it being just a fuel pump?
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Bets on it being just a fuel pump?

That's what I figured. I would kick my ass if I could for missing this one. I hope the new owner find great joy in his Indy.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still call Fieros $5k-$6k cars. To get them to 95% you will have to spend 5-6 on them. Tires, seals, dew wipes, etc., etc.... It all adds up pretty quickly.
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I already fixed up an 88 gt 5sp. Just wanted to add an 84 Indy to the stable.

Here is one just 20 minutes north of me at the other end of the price range and it has more miles than the one for $1500

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/4697424552.html
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Indy is way cleaner than that one!
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One did not know what he had and the other thinks he as a gem and it's not. It looks like the driver's seat even may have a tear in it on the expensive one.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How come the INDY'S have such a wierd looking rear vent? It's not two different one's on each side, it looks like one piece in the center.
lateFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All of the 84's were vented like that.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My Indy is way cleaner than that one!

I have to wonder if he gets that price what yours would be worth?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am selling mine to any member for 4500. If I sell it outside our PFFers the lowest I will take is 5500.
PFF
System Bot
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will vouch for Johns indy..worth every penny the car really is in great shape and better than the two in this post easy. i have seen the car in person
darter576

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darter576Send a Private Message to darter576Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one sitting in a shipping container in my yard. I had intended to restore it but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I might be convinced to part with it and all the parts I've gathered if the right offer comes along. Let me know if you're interested. It was driven into the container about 8 years ago and has slowly become a collection point for any little geegaw that I just didn't have the heart to throw away.
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am selling mine to any member for 4500. If I sell it outside our PFFers the lowest I will take is 5500.

Do you have any posts with your 84 Indy on it? I saw a post about your Mera that had a couple of glimpses of it. if not would you post a couple of pics I would love to see it.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RottinIndy

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 11-18-2014).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every time I see an Indy, I am tempted to buy one.. Then I remember what a pathetic excuse for an engine was put in them (even by 1980's standards..) and it just turns me off. That thing could barely spin the wheels in gravel. If it had the 1.8 or 2.0 Turbo from the factory, it would be a far more worthy car, especially if the suspension/brakes actually matched the car's appearance..

Oh well...
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indy cars are always going to hold more value no matter if it is slower than a three legged turtle. Don't buy it if you don't like it. I've seen Johns car and it is very clean and well maintained. The price he's asking is under what I would ask.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 11-19-2014).]

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the picture. Maybe I temp my wife with it so she can have a car to take to shows also.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem. There are, and will be for some time to come, low priced Fieros out there. Remember, when you buy one for that range of price (think $500 to $1,500) then start adding in tires, dew wipes, sunroof seals, rust repair, a new battery, brake rebuilds, new cv joint or two, oil change, antifreeze flush and fill, belts, hoses, etc, etc it all adds up fast. Its $350 just for the Indy style scoop. Mine is get in and drive...period. I can get in it today and drive to Arizona and back. Everything works as it should and rubber seals are all fresh!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 11-19-2014).]

chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No problem. There are, and will be for some time to come, low priced Fieros out there. Remember, when you buy one for that range of price (think $500 to $1,500) then start adding in tires, dew wipes, sunroof seals, rust repair, a new battery, brake rebuilds, new cv joint or two, oil change, antifreeze flush and fill, belts, hoses, etc, etc it all adds up fast. Its $350 just for the Indy style scoop. Mine is get in and drive...period. I can get in it today and drive to Arizona and back. Everything works as it should and rubber seals are all fresh!

Where is the Indy Scoop from? Pics of the latching mechanism? Did it come painted?

Want to sell it I added the decals to mine. I have the turbo dodge wheels. I also plan to paint the black trim white to match the real pace cars this winter.
Just need the scoop now. (My car has a 3800 swap so I don't feel bad making it replicate the real car. One day I might go SD4 and put the 3800 in another Fiero.
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chrissin712

190 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Every time I see an Indy, I am tempted to buy one.. Then I remember what a pathetic excuse for an engine was put in them (even by 1980's standards..) and it just turns me off. That thing could barely spin the wheels in gravel. If it had the 1.8 or 2.0 Turbo from the factory, it would be a far more worthy car, especially if the suspension/brakes actually matched the car's appearance..

Oh well...

I have one with a 3800sc swap I would sell for $5,500. Solves that whole slower then a turtle problem..lol. Rust free and low mileage 70k ish.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock