Another high priced Fiero. by racingfortheson
Started on: 11-10-2014 11:43 PM
Replies: 23 (648 views)
Last post by: dobey on 11-13-2014 12:41 PM
racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1988 Pontiac Fiero

http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/4730044166.html

1988 Pontiac Fiero Dealer Information Beck and Masten South show contact info 12820 Gulf Freeway Houston, TX 77034 www.houstonsbestautos.com Vehicle Information Price: $22,495 Stock Number: 223988 Mileage: 2,542 Engine: 2.8L V6 Cylinder Engine Transmiss [...]
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may be wrong but IMO they will not get anywhere close to that money, especially for an automatic car.
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is whatever it is they are smoking included in the price?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

Is whatever it is they are smoking included in the price?

(look under the seat....)
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:
I may be wrong but IMO they will not get anywhere close to that money, especially for an automatic car.

Consider yourself wrong then. There are plenty of people that will pay $15-20K for an 88 GT with only 2500 miles, even if it's an automatic. Old white dudes with a lot of money and bad knees, are a dime a dozen in Texas.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It IS an awfully clean car......and there is a lot of money out there....
TONY_C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Old white dudes with a lot of money and bad knees, are a dime a dozen in Texas.

Just white dudes, huh?
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

Just white dudes, huh?

Hopefully only very old white dudes are dumb enough to pay that much. Yes I am a white dude but not that dumb or desperate for an automatic.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW. That price is sky high. For those that disagree ask yourself, would you spend that much?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It went up to 13,500 a couple weeks ago on ebay without selling. It is listed again this week.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Consider yourself wrong then. There are plenty of people that will pay $15-20K for an 88 GT with only 2500 miles, even if it's an automatic. Old white dudes with a lot of money and bad knees, are a dime a dozen in Texas.

I hope you are right, it would only help the value of our cars
PFF
System Bot
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

^^^^This.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 6 years ago I was after a specific car. I wanted a 1988 White GT 5 speed with T-Tops and leather. Had to be mint and with less that 10,000 miles. I found one and offered $17,500. I would have happily paid that for the exact car I wanted.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To make them even more expensive, so we can't buy more than just a few

Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does look great, but that automatic really kills it IMO. No if it had an LS1-or whatever.....

------------------
http://i16.photobucket.com/...ancis44/100_1147.jpg
[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis4
4/000_0451-1.jpg[/IMG]
trueleo.com

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

It does look great, but that automatic really kills it IMO. No if it had an LS1-or whatever.....

You know, that brings up a question I have had for a long time. Would it be wrong to buy a super low mileage Fiero like this and then modify it? I ask b/c IMHO this would be the perfect donor car (at about 2/3 what they are asking) for a Turbo Ecotec with a six speed auto out of a Buick Regal topped off with paddle shifters...
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jediperk

588 posts
Member since May 2013
I don't think the dealer is serious about selling this car. I think they use it to generate show traffic. They will only sell it if the right (money is no object) buyer comes along and wants to over pay... My $.02 anyways...
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I were in the market for as close to "showroom new" a Fiero as I could find, I'd be seriously interested. I wouldn't expect an ultra low mileage 26 year old car in pristine original condition to be cheap.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea of Fiero prices going up but it won't happen. And that is OK too
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only time I see super low mile 88s go for that kinda price is if it has factory power steering still on it.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This used to be a Pontiac Dealer...maybe they've had it sitting in the back the whole time? I might go by and check it out tomorrow. I'm not a rich old white guy by any stretch, but I haven't seen a low miles Fiero in 30 years. It's worth a trip.
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just clicked on the links, says the car is gone. not listed on thier website either.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been on ebay on and off for some time. It's there now and bidding is currently at over $10k. Reserve not met. It's been owned by the dealership and kept inside since new. It's an 88 T-top and has only 2542 miles. Essentially it's like buying a brand new car and will probably sell below the original sticker price in 1988. I'm not sure that's such a bad deal.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

It's been on ebay on and off for some time. It's there now and bidding is currently at over $10k. Reserve not met. It's been owned by the dealership and kept inside since new. It's an 88 T-top and has only 2542 miles. Essentially it's like buying a brand new car and will probably sell below the original sticker price in 1988. I'm not sure that's such a bad deal.

If the car was never sold and the original dealership still has it, then it's very possibly never been titled. If that's the case, it also increases the value. An untitled original 1988 GT with t-tops and only 2500 miles (ie, lot mfiles), is certainly worth $20K, assuming there is no deterioration on any rubber. I hope they've at least replaced the tires. Whether anyone actually pays that much for it, is questionable.

But Fieros have a bad reputation, and Fiero owners are used to incredibly cheap cars and cheap replacement parts, so most Fiero owners will call the price crazy, and most anyone else will be afraid it will catch fire if they do buy it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock