Started on: 11-10-2014 09:21 PM
Replies: 8 (1025 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 11-13-2014 10:12 AM
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello

A member here (Lunatic) has been kind enough to offer his help in making some proper engine and tranny mounts for me. I have a spare 88 cradle and F 23 tranny. My motor is a Series III motor, but I don't have a spare for a mockup. Series II are much easier to find, though I realize that the oil pan is different.

Question- If I grab a series II for a mockup (everything else is that same as what is in my car...88 cradle, F23 trans), will the engine mounts that work on a Series II mockup work on a Series III? Any interference problems between using engine mounts that work on a Series II to use them on a Series III later on?

thanks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Is there is a difference between series III and series II mounts?

Thanks
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
realistically, there is no such thing as a series3 if you discount the blower/throttle body.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mounts are the same.......
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

realistically, there is no such thing as a series3 if you discount the blower/throttle body.

Well there's a few small details that changed but overall that's true.

I do like the connecting rods on the L32 and the heads better, they're a little beefier and the heads are better flowing than the L67's.

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone. I do understand that the differences are minor, but since I don't have 2 engines side by side, I wanted to be sure that the minor differences (i.e. oil pan) don't potentially cause issues when transferring mounts from a Series II to a Series III

I appreciate the help
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Well there's a few small details that changed but overall that's true.

I do like the connecting rods on the L32 and the heads better, they're a little beefier and the heads are better flowing than the L67's.

Nothing suggests the rods are better. The heads are identical and the valves are less than a millimeter larger which does not mean they flow better it just means they are bigger.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Externally the series II and series III 3800 engines are the same. The difference is in the transmission (if you choose to go auto)The series III engine is bolted to a later design 4T65eHD transmission that would require a different RH (rear) swap mount.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock