SEMA 2014 by merc144
Started on: 11-10-2014 03:23 PM
Replies: 26 (1107 views)
Last post by: Stubby79 on 12-07-2014 02:55 AM
merc144

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for merc144Send a Private Message to merc144Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got to attend SEMA this year with Royal Purple giving me access to one of their slots. Saw the most amazing vehicles and some celebrities.

I got to meet:
Chip Foose... Awesome Dude!!!
Richard Rawlings and Dennis Cooper
Ed China from Wheeler Dealers.... Super Tall!!!!
Bernt Karlsson from Boyd Coddingtons show...He was down to earth and talked with him for a bit.

------------------
1985 Fiero SE, 4.9 V8 Coversion.
1998 Fiero GT 3800 SC Swap in Progress
1999 Kawasaki ZRX 1100

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool car.
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1
Love the fenders, wheels...probably one of the best notchies out there. More pics please!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is pretty awesome !!

V8 Archie and Madcurl were there also. Curly said one of the vendors said another fiero owner had come by asking similar questions to his.
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I liked your car in red but it looks awesome in black! Ive always wanted to go to sema. I went to an event last week called dodgerocksgasmonkey and Richard was there. Never said a single word to ANY of the people there! Other than on stage announcing motley crue. But yes, Ive heard Chip is a really nice guy. I got to meet Boyd Coddington at the Dallas autorama one year. Used my phone to talk to my uncle because he didnt believe i was standing in front of him! Thats my only claim to fame.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mmmmmmmmmm Black paint!

Very cool about SEMA too!
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get to ask Chip the big question on everyone's mind here: When are you going to overhaul a Fiero?

Is this your car in red?

MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Did you get to ask Chip the big question on everyone's mind here: When are you going to overhaul a Fiero?

Is this your car in red?

Gee... That looks a lot like my red car... in red... lol
Chuck
2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes its exactly like the red car but different wheels. Chuck I saw your car for the first time in 2009 and fell in love...I patterned my car after yours. Of course, I don't have a intercooled turbo 383.

Here are more pictures of my Fiero..

Old pic before the accident..

Thanks for the Kudos on my car guys.

------------------
85 MadArch Widebody Notchback 4.9 4T60E
88GT 3800SC ZZP NIC F23

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to be extremely upset if Archie or someone or me doesn't continue the wide body kit for both the notch and the GT.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

IIRC he was asked that once and the response was something like Fieros are crap cars. But that was years ago, I hope his mind has changed by now.

But speaking of Foose and SEMA a couple of years ago my friend and I ended up eating lunch in his booth with his whole crew, We wanted to see what the line was about and just walked into the booth, saw a chef, and had lunch, when I started to look around I was like hey these are all the guys from overhaulin', we talked to a few of them before we decide we better leave before they relized we didn't belong there. We said hi to Chip on the way out, but definity did not want to stand in a 30+ line for an autograph pic.
That same year Fierobsessed gave Chip a behind the sences tour of the MGM grand.

I usally go to SEMA almost every year, I have talked with many a manufacturer. One year I got MSD (Mr. Gasket) to add some stuff to the catalog for Fieros, IE the product was allready out there but they didn't know it fit a Fiero and they said they would add it to the next catalog, he wrote down all the part numbers so I beleived him. (I was looking trough the catalog they had there and pointed out the things that fit) one example

I only had time to go the last day this year, but we did meet Farmtruck and Azn, (the farmtruck was there) (from Street Outlaws)
This was the highlight of the show for me this year, as I have seen most of it in previous years. (Vendors tend to have the same booths year to year)

Here a few pics of the Farmtruck, BTW the pics make it look nice, this truck is beat to sh$%, what a sleeper, his back plate even says ZZZZZZZ

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

PFF
System Bot
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got to watch the first 2 seasons of street outlaws and while you can tell it was staged, it was still entertaining and farmtruck is a freakin monster!
merc144

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for merc144Send a Private Message to merc144Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sardony,
We saw that truck and laughed a bit....until we saw the engine...rag for gas tank cap.....Just watched some episodes, couple of funny dudes racing for wings....lol

------------------
1985 Fiero SE, 4.9 V8 Coversion.
1998 Fiero GT 3800 SC Swap in Progress
1999 Kawasaki ZRX 1100

[This message has been edited by merc144 (edited 11-20-2014).]

chrissin712

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Never understood how a big tire truck, big motor (sounds like one too), covered in go fast part stickers is a sleeper.
It's not fooling anybody but people who buy quick cars but dont know much about them (but those types dont usually race for big money.)
Still a really cool truck though.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

I usally go to SEMA almost every year, I have talked with many a manufacturer. One year I got MSD (Mr. Gasket) to add some stuff to the catalog for Fieros, IE the product was allready out there but they didn't know it fit a Fiero and they said they would add it to the next catalog, he wrote down all the part numbers so I beleived him. (I was looking trough the catalog they had there and pointed out the things that fit) one example

I owe you a thank you then I just installed one a couple weeks ago!

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by merc144:

Got to attend SEMA this year with Royal Purple giving me access to one of their slots. Saw the most amazing vehicles and some celebrities.

I got to meet:
Chip Foose... Awesome Dude!!!
Richard Rawlings and Dennis Cooper
Ed China from Wheeler Dealers.... Super Tall!!!!
Bernt Karlsson from Boyd Coddingtons show...He was down to earth and talked with him for a bit.

High praise! Do Chip and Boyd talk to each other? They had a falling out when Chip left his employ didn't they?
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

High praise! Do Chip and Boyd talk to each other? They had a falling out when Chip left his employ didn't they?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyd_Coddington
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002
2MidV8... Darth Vader would be very proud of you!

Welcome to the "Dark Side."

Two words: "window tint."

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 11-21-2014).]

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

2MidV8... Darth Vader would be very proud of you!

Welcome to the "Dark Side."

Two words: "window tint."

Agree! go to the really dark side.

jaybeezi

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybeeziSend a Private Message to jaybeeziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait was your car (or other Fieros) displayed at SEMA?? I walked around the entire week & didnt see it.
2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, there weren't any Fieros at the show. Thanks for the dark side comment....Funny!!!!! I did tint the windows since that picture.

------------------
88GT 3800SC ZZP NIC F23

PFF
System Bot
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2MidV8:

No, there weren't any Fieros at the show. Thanks for the dark side comment....Funny!!!!! I did tint the windows since that picture.

I would love to see it with the tint. That's gotta' be one of the most bad-a$$ black Fiero's I have ever seen (looked nasty enough in red).

Beautiful car.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 11-23-2014).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_Foose

In 1998, with Hot Rods by Boyd facing bankruptcy, Foose left his position and with his wife Lynne started his own automotive and product design company called Foose Design in Huntington Beach, California.[1] Foose's departure from Boyd's was not an amicable one as in a 2006 interview, Foose stated: "Boyd has chosen to not have any relations with me, since I stopped working at his shop." One of the main reasons for the bitter relationship between Boyd and Chip is claimed to be that Chip retained many of the talented builders from Boyd Coddington. Mike and Charley left Boyd shortly after Foose had established his shop.[3]
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I watch velocity channel pretty often and I would imagine if that same butt head manager was there then that is why they left.
merc144

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for merc144Send a Private Message to merc144Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am pretty sure that the reason for Boyd's dislike for Chip was that Chip is an awesome designer and fabricator. Without Chip in the dungeon doing his magic, Boyd didn't have the artistic and visionary skill to continue on as a master design shop. I sure Boyd was taking all the credit for all of Chips hard work. If its true that Chip took all the talented builders with him, that is just a indicator of what a dick Boyd was. I watched the series American hot rod and saw the unreasonable demands of Boyd's two week builds. Its no wonder they left, they never had any family or personal time.

------------------
1987 Fiero Notchie, Wide Body, 4.9 V8 Conversion.
2006 Dodge 4X4, Diesel, Diamond Eye Dual Exh.
1982 GPz 1100, ZX12 Suspension, ZX10 Wheels.
1998 Fiero GT (Sold to Friend).

2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New pics...Taken today.

------------------
88GT (Sold to Friend)
2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel, 4X4, Bully + Exhaust
1982 GPz1100 ZX12 Suspension, ZX10 Wheels

[This message has been edited by 2MidV8 (edited 12-06-2014).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2014 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those have got to be the hottest looking notchies I've ever seen!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock