WARNING ABOUT KAHINES by Ponzerelli
Started on: 11-10-2014 07:21 AM
Replies: 23 (1332 views)
Last post by: dobey on 11-12-2014 11:48 PM
Ponzerelli

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonzerelliSend a Private Message to PonzerelliEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to come off as trying to trash talk someone or their business. But with that being said I would like to warn everyone, and mostly anyone looking to order from Kahines that he is a thief and a liar. I had ordered a taillight panel from him at the end of March, and now it being November I still have yet to receive it or a reply other than the initial reply giving me "the shipping date". All other emails and messages have been ignored. Now I'm out my money and I am stuck with my old broken lenses. I am hoping someone on here can either reach out to him so I may finally get a response and that i may warn you guys about his bad business practices.

-thad
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you do a search under Kahine's you will see a long history of ignored emails he does seem to eventually come thru though.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

If you do a search under Kahine's you will see a long history of ignored emails he does seem to eventually come thru though.

Maybe so - BUT 8 months waiting for a part without any contact IS indefensible.

IF he can't deliver on products or is now "out of business" he should stop taking orders and people's money.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Ponzerelli

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonzerelliSend a Private Message to PonzerelliEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I have seen the other posts. I understand delays happen. But he gave me a Shipping date of no later than April 21. 7 months past the shipping date is a bit crazy

[This message has been edited by Ponzerelli (edited 11-10-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Maybe so - BUT 8 months waiting for a part without any contact IS indefensible.

IF he can't deliver on products or is now "out of business" he should stop taking orders and people's money.
I agree with you, after reading all the complaints about him I would never order anything from him. How did you pay him, if thru paypal you should be able to get a refund or if with a credit card you should be able to get the charge cancelled.
Ponzerelli

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonzerelliSend a Private Message to PonzerelliEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal, But they won't do anything because it has been longer than 90 days.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get a tracking number with the shipping date? Did you track the package? Was it reported as delivered by whatever firm it was shipped through?

I'm sorry you're upset and haven't gotten your product, but 7 months is a long time to wait to do anything about it, too. If it shipped on April 21, and you didn't receive it at least by the first week of May (even if it was shipped through slow-as-heck USPS), you should have taken care of it then.

If he's not responding to inquiry and never gave you a tracking number or anything, then yes, that's his fault. But it's also your fault for not taking care of your own self. If he shipped the product, gave you a tracking number, and you're only recourse is to complain it about it on here, now, then some thieving postman probably fenced your package months ago.
Ponzerelli

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonzerelliSend a Private Message to PonzerelliEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He gave me that date on his first and only reply, I ordered March 28th, he replied March 31st saying he would have it shipped by April 21st. I have sent him several inquiries, everyone of them ignored. I have tried everything in my power to get this resolved. I just wanted to warn anyone else thinking of ordering anything from him.

Since he never sent me information even after i have asked several times. It is to be assumed he never shipped it to begin with.

[This message has been edited by Ponzerelli (edited 11-10-2014).]

Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For every West Coast Fiero and Kahines there is, thankfully, a Rodney Dickman.
Ponzerelli

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonzerelliSend a Private Message to PonzerelliEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually had pretty good luck with West Coast Fiero. They made a 2.5" down pipe for me, and I couldn't even say how many parts on my car are from Rodney Dickman. I actually just put on his comp shifter, Master Clutch cylinder, and zero-lash end-links this last weekend. Next is to rebuild my door hinges.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2014 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ponzerelli:
He gave me that date on his first and only reply, I ordered March 28th, he replied March 31st saying he would have it shipped by April 21st. I have sent him several inquiries, everyone of them ignored. I have tried everything in my power to get this resolved. I just wanted to warn anyone else thinking of ordering anything from him.

Since he never sent me information even after i have asked several times. It is to be assumed he never shipped it to begin with.

First week of May, you should have sent an e-mail saying you haven't received the shipment and would be challenging the payment via PayPal, and demanded a tracking number for the shipment. If then after 2 business days you haven't received the tracking number which you could verify on the shipper's web site, challenge the payment through PayPal.

That is how you should treat any such order you make on-line, regardless of who it is from or what service you purchased it from. Most of the people selling parts like this for Fieros, are doing it as a side job and have little to no skills in terms of business operations. They spend more time preparing the products to be shipped, without handling customer relations properly, and then we get more threads like this one, on here.

I'm by no means attempting to defend kahines here, but I'm not going to defend you either. I'm just trying to bring some rationalization to this thread. The both of you screwed up. Deal with it. You can blame kahines for not shipping the product all you want, but don't try to put the blame for your waiting 7 months to actually do anything about the problem, on him too. That's your own damn fault.

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 11-10-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Ponzerelli

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonzerelliSend a Private Message to PonzerelliEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

First week of May, you should have sent an e-mail saying you haven't received the shipment and would be challenging the payment via PayPal, and demanded a tracking number for the shipment. If then after 2 business days you haven't received the tracking number which you could verify on the shipper's web site, challenge the payment through PayPal.

That is how you should treat any such order you make on-line, regardless of who it is from or what service you purchased it from. Most of the people selling parts like this for Fieros, are doing it as a side job and have little to no skills in terms of business operations. They spend more time preparing the products to be shipped, without handling customer relations properly, and then we get more threads like this one, on here.

I'm by no means attempting to defend kahines here, but I'm not going to defend you either. I'm just trying to bring some rationalization to this thread. The both of you screwed up. Deal with it. You can blame kahines for not shipping the product all you want, but don't try to put the blame for your waiting 7 months to actually do anything about the problem, on him too. That's your own damn fault.

I Sent my first request for shipping info on the april 21st. Then another 1 week later. and then the week after that.

Thank you for the advise on dealing with some of the kinda side job customizers out there. I've never really dealt with anyone that hasn't been in person or that didn't have a website with some kind of verifiable check out system. Also I'm not just starting to try to resolve my problem. This has been on-going since the beginning of May.

One last thing It seems he has shut down his website. I geuss I'm S.O.L. at this point.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I'm by no means attempting to defend kahines here, but I'm not going to defend you either. I'm just trying to bring some rationalization to this thread. The both of you screwed up. Deal with it. You can blame kahines for not shipping the product all you want, but don't try to put the blame for your waiting 7 months to actually do anything about the problem, on him too. That's your own damn fault

WoW!!!!!! Thanks for the warning

[This message has been edited by LorenBateman (edited 11-10-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2014 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ponzerelli:

I Sent my first request for shipping info on the april 21st. Then another 1 week later. and then the week after that.

Thank you for the advise on dealing with some of the kinda side job customizers out there. I've never really dealt with anyone that hasn't been in person or that didn't have a website with some kind of verifiable check out system. Also I'm not just starting to try to resolve my problem. This has been on-going since the beginning of May.

One last thing It seems he has shut down his website. I geuss I'm S.O.L. at this point.

Even if it's a web site with a checkout system. Even if it's Amazon. Even if it's the local parts store. You wouldn't go to NAPA and order a special order item, then call them up once a month, leave a message, get no response, and then wait until it's too late to try and deal with it, would you? Just sending an e-mail is not "trying to deal with it," by the way. Of course not, you'd drive back to the store after a week or two, and if the item hasn't arrived, cancel the order and demand your money back, most likely. You can't "drive" to Amazon, or random sellers on the Internet, but you can send e-mail, demand refunds, and challenge payments, all the same. Any failure to take those necessary steps to state you would challenge the payment, and then to follow through with it, are your own failure.

If you've been sending e-mails for 7 months without getting any replies, then you haven't been trying to deal with it. You've been letting it slide.

Like I said, feel free to blame kahines for taking your money and not shipping the product to you, and having horrible customer service. Heck, call the police and press charges of fraud if you want. Just keep your mistakes separate from what you blame others from.

I have no idea what the deal with kahines.com is, what his issues are, why he isn't selling things any more, or why he didn't fulfil your order, or give you any shipping info or such. I can tell you he's bought some stuff on eBay in the past month though, so unless that account was hijacked or something, he's probably not dead at least.
Ponzerelli

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonzerelliSend a Private Message to PonzerelliEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha funny you say that Dobey. I did check obituaries for the town he lives in a couple time to make sure hes wasn't dead.

And yes i was much too lenient and naive in my approach. And at this point I could care less about the money.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bruce:

For every West Coast Fiero and Kahines there is, thankfully, a Rodney Dickman.

Don't forget "Whodeanie's"
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ken was a very private person and tough to get in contact with. I dealt with him for years and he NEVER stiffed anyone so this is a first. I THINK he is...or was....the CEO of Lehman Trikes. They manufacture some of the top trike products for major motorcycle companies. You can call them and politely ask for his email.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone mentioned months ago that kahines wasn't the best on communication, that it took a LONG time and was a leap of faith. I thought the other quarter window guy was bad on communication. I sent Kahines an email in March. No response to date.

”He who shall not be named” was a blight on pur community and our vendors. Thankfully yes, a Rodney Dickman, who has gone out of his way to help.
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered his quarter windows but I knew what to expect from the forum---And I did get them. I also looked for his website--cant find it

------------------
Pat Jones

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somebody that can't respond to an e-mail and took payment for a product he / she sold,
has something to hide. Simple.

If you don't receive your parts within 1 month, something is definitely wrong. (unless the shipper
mentioned time delay or info regarding back-orders, in manufacturing, etc.

Tracking is a sense of security and is recommended, plus insurance. Depends what your buying.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ken Hines has been selling Fiero fiberglass products for a number of years. Can't imagine why he isn't shipping of late.
Maybe Ken just got overloaded with work and is negligent.
As for Rodney, he has always been an A+ vendor. I read a few complaints about WCF but they have always delivered for me. I know of a couple of transactions that took a,while to deliver for other guys but they did cone through. If you order standard WCF product you should be ok.
PFF
System Bot
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry to hear that about Ken Hines. Before this post started I was considering ordering a GT taillight panel from him. Suspect that is out of the question now?
Solid Hex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Solid HexSend a Private Message to Solid HexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live close to where he does and I've seen his Fiero collection but it has been YEARS since I last saw him. Last tried contacting him by phone but never got him or a reply when I left a message.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2014 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

sorry to hear that about Ken Hines. Before this post started I was considering ordering a GT taillight panel from him. Suspect that is out of the question now?

Considering the web site is down, and he hasn't listed any products on eBay either, for quite some time now, I'd say that you're probably not going to get one from him, yeah.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock