Started on: 10-31-2014 05:47 PM
Replies: 14 (617 views)
Last post by: Gokart Mozart on 11-05-2014 05:47 AM
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hit a deer on the way in to work. Came around a corner and she was standing there looking at me. Hit the brakes and couldn’t stop…

However the Fiero is so low that the bumper swept her legs and she hit the hood of the car snapping the drivers headlight backwards into the housing (cover is long gone). I watched the deer’s belly slide up the hood, hit the windshield and then go up over the moon roof with its backend in the air… Looks like the only damage to the Fiero is a few paint issues, busted head light, deer pee on the windshield and a little driver pee in the car…

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy KOW man that must of been hair raising ... I would of more than pee'd myself ..... glad you are safe. Also happy to see only a bent headlight bucket .... does that make my low profile buckets crash tested ????

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dumb question---what about the deer?
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad your good, dude. Crazy stuff...
Leukay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeukaySend a Private Message to LeukayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh No! Glad you ( and the car mostly ) made it through alright. Looks like it shouldn't be too hard to get her fixed up!
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear your ok!

Note to self Don't buy any seats or seat covers form MulletproofMonk!
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Holy KOW man that must of been hair raising ... I would of more than pee'd myself ..... glad you are safe. Also happy to see only a bent headlight bucket .... does that make my low profile buckets crash tested ????

Yeah, but there were animals hurt in testing... I did crack the headlight housing... Now I need to see if I can find the same type or I have to redesign my bracket. Bad thing is that I just installed it last weekend...

Originally posted by 88FieroGT TTops:

dumb question---what about the deer?

Well Bambi, I don't think mommy's coming home... I had an SUV tailgating me and when momma went over the top in the air.. She hit the top of their grill and windshield...

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 10-31-2014).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you post pics on how you did the 4 x 6 brackets ? As you know mine are Epoxied on ... I see you may have a better solution
regards
Danyel

MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Did you post pics on how you did the 4 x 6 brackets ? As you know mine are Epoxied on ... I see you may have a better solution
regards
Danyel

The headlights I bought had a lip on them. I took a flat piece of metal, cut out the back to let it fit on the lip. I then drilled holes to mount the plate to the lip. It was a pain in the butt. Easier if I had a better way to cut the hole in the back of the plate...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Well Bambi, I don't think mommy's coming home... I had an SUV tailgating me and when momma went over the top in the air.. She hit the top of their grill and windshield...

So you launched a deer over your head to get a tailgater off your ass? Wow, I bet you surprised him!

Fiervette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FiervetteSend a Private Message to FiervetteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a similar experience about 10 years ago in my previous Fiero. Did almost the exact same damage. I had slowed down to about 15 mph so Bambi's mom fared a little better. The doe got up and limped away. I agree it was a very nerve wracking experience. Luckily I had a spare headlight door so it was an easy fix. Glad to hear you're OK.
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it was playing with fire and lost an eyebrow!

It's a dang shame, though. That looks like it was one pretty Fiero.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job on the minimal damage
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Good job on the minimal damage

Yeah, the Grand Am brakes really helped. I dropped from 55mph down to 40mph before I hit her...
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That'll buff out!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock