Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone recognize this belt buckle? Possibly from FL.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone recognize this belt buckle? Possibly from FL. by 87FieroSport
Started on: 10-30-2014 09:47 PM
Replies: 5 (473 views)
Last post by: GTMN on 11-07-2014 04:12 PM
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I haven't seen the gran'folks in a year.. Went to visit before they went back to Florida, and gave me this with a handful of other things (non-Fiero.)
I have tried Google, but can't find anything similar, maybe someone here had it custom made?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one like that I picked up on ebay. They were discussed in a recent edition of FieroFocus magazine in the Bartemeyer's Bits column, but I don't have it handy. I think they were given out to GM employees at Fiero launch, but I will have to dig up the magazine to be sure.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 10-30-2014).]

Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2014 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen one at Fred's house! (Bartlemeyer that is, not mrfred) :-)

~ Jen
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one just like that only the pebbled surface is coated with black enamel. If I recall the article correctly, these are different from the one shown in the "Bartemeyer's Bits" article in the Fiero Focus. That one was rectangular 3'x1 7/8" with rounded off corners and did not have the Pontiac arrow on the upper left. instead it had the Fiero shield, filled w/ black enamel in the upper left and the FIERO script, also enamel filled across the top center. It was to commemerate the start of Fiero production on July 18th, 1983

This one, if the same as mine (I'm assuming it is) is almost 3' x 2 1/4" with angled off corners and the script is solid brass rather than hollow, enamel filled script. They are a produced buckle with a 'USA' manufacturing mark on the back, but I don't know who made them or how many.

Here are a few more from my collection:

[This message has been edited by GTMN (edited 11-07-2014).]

Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one as well that I received from my grandfather. From the late 70's through the late 80's he owned and operated his own belt buckle manufacturing business. He did not make this one, but had it on the wall with several other buckles. If you see any that are Indiana Metal Craft, most likely they were his.
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I wonder if they made any Fiero buckles?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock