Fieros with Ferrari rebodies in new Top Gear UK DVD by James_GT
Started on: 10-27-2014 06:16 PM
Replies: 19 (1643 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 03-26-2015 06:18 PM
James_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new trailer for the Top Gear "The Perfect Roadtrip 2" DVD was released today, at about 1:25 in there are two Fiero kit cars shown as part of a race between Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond.

YouTube Link

------------------
James

RHD 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
noice....and not a Mera thankfully
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this and was going to post it Neat, though I'm sure their opinion of the car isn't too high given other cars they've driven, you also can't do a full-contact race with a real ferrari and still have a smile on your face at the end
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just downloaded the DVD and watched the Fiero part. Very nice looking re-bodies, but it hurt so much when they took a nice Fiero, jammed the throttle wide up then sent it straight into a wall. Man that was a ton of work to the 308 style rebody just destroyed. I really hope the person that did the conversion gets some counselling as it would really mess up a persons head to see a car they built just destroyed for fun.

Ok that was a bit over dramatic, but still, they started with 2 nice cars and ended up with blown up seized cars that were wrecked totally.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if I should start a new thread or just post this here.

You will probably need to right click and save the file, several people are having issues trying to stream it. I took the 1hr34min video and cut the Fiero section out, its only 11mins but to keep the quality up its 110mb in size.

http://captfiero.com/videos...arFierosRoadTrip.mp4

Still super sad to see some really nice re-bodies which are probably pretty expensive cars over there, get totally destroyed. So Sad.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ferrari probably paid for it all since I am sure they hate the rebodies. If they did torture the cars that much then they held up pretty well for all the complaints I here about constant repair of the engines.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shame about the 355. With a 3800sc and a little work on the interior that actually could have been a nice car. The Testarossa on the hand was hopeless. Loved that they kept the Duke in it though!
James_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While it was hard to watch the torture they put those cars through, I enjoyed the segment. Richard Hammond's optimism when it came to the "4-cylinder Testarossa" was hilarious.

If they were both destined for the crusher, at least they were immortalised on film beforehand on a popular automotive TV show.
Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha, I actually loved it! I have to screen grab a pick of Jeremy in his Fiero for my wallpaper!
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeremy Clarkson has just been fired as host. The show will continue being produced however.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Jeremy Clarkson has just been fired as host. The show will continue being produced however.

Produced but no longer watched
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Produced but no longer watched

I agree (:

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll still watch (reruns on YouTube & Netflix).
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With Jeremy gone, and May has already said, he won't do the show without Jeremy, so unless they put Richard in the top spot and bring in 2 new goons, the show is dead. BBC would be better off creating an entirely new show with a new cast. Look at the all the "other" top gear shows, Top Gear USA, Top Gear Australia, and some in I think Japan. I find all the English versions watchable, but Jeremy Clarkson just had that Flair that made the show what it was. Without him, they really can't call it Top Gear. Maybe rename it Mediocre Gear. With all that said. Jeremy Clarkson did yell, scream and physically assault someone beat this guy for a full 30 seconds. If I were the BBC I would get the producer to press charges get Clarkson a short jail sentence and a HUGE fine then let him have the show back. There is no way he should be allowed to get away with what he did, but with 1 million signatures on the petition and another 350,000,000 viewers of the show, make him pay the price then get back to work.

------------------

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have not seen the last of the boys as they are too valuable to let this go.

While BBC may own the Name Top Gear they did not own the boys personalities nor the studio or test track. Jeremy even came up with the Stig's name so that may be in play too.

Odds are a different network or Netflix will pick them up and show them globally. In the end they will more than likely get more viewers and more money to do more crazy things.

Even someone from BBC said never rule out that Jeremy will return to them. BBC needs the money and if they can bring him back they will. If they do an independent show the BBC can buy it and he will be back and not their responsibility.

While we may get a year off you will get the three blokes back again.

I think they knew this was coming and have some plans. Lets face it James May's response "that this silly thing could have been settled and now you have to excuse me I have to go put my Ferrari on E bay". Not a response of someone that sounds too worried.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll still watch as long as they continue to over profile my Super-Car fetish.....we good!!
I love me some Mr Clarkston.....but I Love me some Lambos waaaaay more
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I think they knew this was coming and have some plans. Lets face it James May's response "that this silly thing could have been settled and now you have to excuse me I have to go put my Ferrari on E bay". Not a response of someone that sounds too worried.

well to me it sound just the opposite.......it sounds like he "feels" like he is out of a job and needs to sell his toy cuz he needs to find another job

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-26-2015).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

well to me it sound just the opposite.......it sounds like he "feels" like he is out of a job and needs to sell his toy cuz he needs to find another job

Don't be foolish. The money they have been making they can retire if they like. Also they make a lot of money from the Video's too. BBC did not own them.

They will be back.

I will abandon TG as the show was the three bloks and they made it entertaining. The American show has gotten better but it still pails.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock