3800SC/F40 Headers Question by Fiero Vampire
Started on: 10-27-2014 03:32 PM
Replies: 8 (323 views)
Last post by: Fiero Vampire on 11-22-2014 04:12 PM
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been researching headers/exhaust for my 3800SC/F40 swap. Personally would like to do it without cutting the trunk or at least as little as possible, I've heard that TOG headers can be used without cutting the trunk, but then again I've also read the opposite, currently looking at using a Spintech 343SC Muffler with a small 3" MagnaFlow Universal Spun Cat 59959 along with a set of Pace Setter 95-9918 MONZA Dual Exhaust Tips, I believe this setup may work from what I've been able to piece together in the forum, but would like to get some feedback, especially before I start buying stuff.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any feedback? Just don't want to buy a set of TOG Headers if I'm still going to have to cut my trunk, especially if I could have bought a cheaper set of headers and accomplished the same thing or even worse buy them and they wont fit with the F40 Transmission. Anyways any feedback would be appreciated.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have TOG headers on a Series III SC engine but it has the Getrag 282 transmission. I did have to cut out a bit of the trunk to make everything work well but have no clue as to how it might work with the F40 since I do not know comparative sizes or potential cable routing for the shifter mechanism.

Nelson
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I have TOG headers on a Series III SC engine but it has the Getrag 282 transmission. I did have to cut out a bit of the trunk to make everything work well but have no clue as to how it might work with the F40 since I do not know comparative sizes or potential cable routing for the shifter mechanism.

Nelson

F40 has a big counterweight arm on the shift assembly. It's very likely to hit most exhaust crossovers, I think. I know it interferes with the stock crossover on the LS4, at least.
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea I was looking at that counterweight arm, I wonder if it would matter if I cut it off or at least down so that it wouldn't hit the cross over pipe. Thanks for the feed back.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-04-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some more info here on F40 interference with LS4 exhaust here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094411.html
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks dobey, that was some good information, after more re-search I'm thinking I'm just going to have to buy a set of OBX or pacesetter headers and cut them/modifying them to fit if necessary, They aren't as expensive as TOGs so if I need to modifying them to fit it wont be so bad. Thinking I possibly could extended the cross-over pipe up to clear the counterweight, Think I need to do some clearance measuring between the Transmission & Throttle Body tonight - maybe getting a Inter-cooler stack could actually help clearance for once, I think I wont know for sure until I actually get a set in my hands and can put them on the engine to see where everything hits.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow those are cheaply priced, they don't have any specs listed though, maybe I can e-mail for more details.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock