new 87 Gt owner in Dallas, trying to compile a list by busa_powered
Started on: 10-26-2014 02:49 AM
Replies: 10 (216 views)
Last post by: theogre on 10-28-2014 01:18 PM
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there

I already posted that I am a newbie from Dallas

I have an 87 GT that I am working on fixing up.

Wondering if there is someone nearby that I can meet up with that will go through my car with me. I sort of know what needs to be replaced, but I don't know all the parts necessary to fix it.

Seems I missed a get together here in Dallas

For example, my power locks are not working well enough to lock the door when the button is pressed. There are several things to buy in the locks category but I dont know exactly what I need. Is Dorman a good brand, things like that.

Same thing with power windows, driver one goes down, but its slow, the passenger one is stuck.

I would like to do one task at a time, meaning replace the rubber molding that is cracked, replace the door lock mechanisms necessary and power window mechanisms all at the same time.

I would probably have to take all of these parts somewhere to get them installed, I dunno.

I can pm my phone number if that helps as well, just wanting to get steered in the right direction and not make mistakes starting out

Thanks Alot!

[This message has been edited by busa_powered (edited 10-26-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the good thing is you are in Dallas. There are plenty of Fiero enthusiasts around to help you in the right direction. Many of these things you can do yourself with some simple tools and an introductory level of mechanical ability. The bad thing is that I'm in Houston and can't help at the moment. Get in touch with blakeinspace and he'll point you in the right direction.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For windows and locks, the easy fix is some grease on the components. The hard part is removing the inside door panels to get at the mechanisms. That fixed my passenger side door lock issue when we removed the panel to fix a wobbly PS mirror. While everything was off, some white grease was applied. After all that grease is 27 years old.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you do get in there make sure to clean the old grease out before you put new on. That old stuff in there is most likely stiff and heavy.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for us who don't want to or have the time to fix things ourselves I call on NTFC resident mechanic MstangsBware.

thanks...

P.S. what area of Dallas are you in?

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

for us who don't want to or have the time to fix things ourselves I call on NTFC resident mechanic MstangsBware.

thanks...

P.S. what area of Dallas are you in?

I am in Lewisville
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

busa_powered

479 posts
Member since Oct 2014

Originally posted by busa_powered:

I am in Lewisville. Does this guy work on them on the side I assume?

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

Yes
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great, thanks
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures of your 87
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Suggest you Read my cave.
First Safe Jacking
Maybe Brake Service or
Bump Steer and Bushings

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock