Norms fiberglass? by Navyfierodriver81
Started on: 10-25-2014 03:49 PM
Replies: 21 (909 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 10-27-2014 08:40 PM
Navyfierodriver81

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Navyfierodriver81Send a Private Message to Navyfierodriver81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I logged into BTR last night and was trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on a set of Norm's quarter windows. Finally made my mind up to pull the trigger but today the Norms site is gone..... Anyone have any insight?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
site works fine for me

you can also try

norm@normsfiberglass.com
(574) 255-7843
Navyfierodriver81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Navyfierodriver81Send a Private Message to Navyfierodriver81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stand corrected, it wasn't Norms. It is Fiero fiberglass that is gone. The hyperlink in BTR.
Navyfierodriver81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Navyfierodriver81Send a Private Message to Navyfierodriver81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Navyfierodriver81

49 posts
Member since Jan 2013
I stand corrected, it wasn't Norms. It is Fiero fiberglass that is gone. The hyperlink in BTR.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://fierofiberglass.com/

By the way, what is BTR?

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 10-25-2014).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Norms fiberglass is the outfit that supplies a custom front clip. While it looks OK it is $2500 + shipping so I wonder how many he's sold. Not to put down the mans product but I've purchased entire Fieros for that.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Norms fiberglass is the outfit that supplies a custom front clip. While it looks OK it is $2500 + shipping so I wonder how many he's sold. Not to put down the mans product but I've purchased entire Fieros for that.

Dennis... Please don't ever miss an opportunity to piss on something that somebody, here, sells.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-26-2014).]

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

By the way, what is BTR?

Black Top Racing formerly Top-line Automotive Group
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dennis yes you are putting down the man's product you cheap bastard you,design, tooling, production and finishing takes effort that you don't have in your DNA.Don't ever say that again it cheapens us the good people ,if you can't afford it STFU.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To be realistic, many of us have probably put several times the cost of our Fiero into our Fiero. Engine swaps cost more than a Fiero. Same for interior swaps, fascia swaps, paint jobs, etc. Add up the things you've replaced (lights, switches, hoses, brakes, lines, boosters, steering misc, suspension misc), and the same again.

Not everyone does swaps of any sort. Would I pay $2500 for a bumper? Not today, and not for my current Fiero. Another day, another Fiero, who knows? Each Fiero has a different story.

I haven't dealt with norm's fiberglass, but have side scoops from JimmyS.

I'd like to encourage Fiero vendors. I can't make a fascia myself, so I guess it's worth what people are willing to pay.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jediperk:

Black Top Racing formerly Top-line Automotive Group

Funny because I manufacture a part that Chris sells at Black Top yet I never use the lazy "text message" abreviations so I had no idea what BTR meant.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of curiosity, which part do you make? I know who does a lot of the products, but lost track of who makes the LED 3rd light.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 03-19-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy cow! That would be a deal!
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Norm's front end with the C7 (or is it C6) lights looks amazing!
That front with a Fino rear would be one hot car, imho.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

By the way, what is BTR?

Black Top Racing...formerly know as TLG
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Dennis... Please don't ever miss an opportunity to piss on something that somebody, here, sells.

Whos pissing on it? Just pointing out that its a big investment to make for a rather inexpensive automobile.
I hope that I am entitled to an opinion while not calling anyone names like some choose to do.
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 10-27-2014).]

hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
die thread die
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hairballrm:

die thread die

What's with this? This is the second time I've seen someone post this on a PFF thread.

Separately, people do lots of things with/to their Fieros. Their Fieros. If one person drives theirs into the ground, and another person puts $100 grand into their showcar, it's still theirs. I don't happen to like the fino kit, but that's just me. The Fiero is popular largely because of what you can do easily to it. Being an inexpensive car is just a bonus.

Note, others may not like my Fiero. That's OK. You don't have to like me, my car, or whatever else. Some day, the rest if us may want to buy parts from these vendors. So many Fiero vendors are gone, already. I haven't always been helpful in this regard, but am a latecomer, and have trouble getting parts because the vendors who supplied the rest of you are long gone. I don't want to continue that trend.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's one example of Norm's front end....

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 10-27-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was one that may or may not have been norm's at Fierorama. Apparently, it helps the car run cooler.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whos pissing on it? Just pointing out that its a big investment to make for a rather inexpensive automobile.
I hope that I am entitled to an opinion while not calling anyone names like some choose to do.

You're one of the few on this forum who poor mouth anything that doesn't suit your idea of what would be a good "investment". I've seen numerous threads in the mall where you comment negatively about the price on something that is being sold which is specifically against the rules.
If you're not interested, just STFU. People can make their own decisions. Your comments are not warranted, or wanted.
If you have your own product for sale, and can offer an alternative, then start your own thread. Otherwise, it's none of your business.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock