Alsa paint wrap sale by LornesGT
Started on: 10-23-2014 02:15 PM
Replies: 9 (576 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 10-26-2014 10:11 PM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alsa has a paint wrap sale. I do have a wrap from them that I have yet to install. I may get some of the yellow for the next change. http://paint-wrap.com/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like its about the same as the plastidip stuff for cars, wonder whats better?
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know but the wrap is tough as hell. The adhesive is super strong, I tried putting on one portion and screwed it up, had to heat it to lift it. The videos I have watched (other brands) show the installer lifting it easy for repositioning, not this stuff (chrome wrap).
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alsa corp makes vinyl wrap, but i dont think that's what is for sale on your link.

"Can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed on almost any surface. And this stuff peels off just like car wrap film, but easier!
You can wrap/paint four wheels in less than an hour, using only a paint brush. No need to buy or rent spray equipment.
Paint Wrap is similar to Plasti Dip, however, our product is non-toxic, water base safe!"

This is their own version to Plasti Dip

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 10-23-2014).]

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id like to try the chrome on the motorhome bumpers and wheels, but guess its not available yet.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pulled the trigger and bought a gallon of yellow with 2 quarts of clear. I have no idea if that is enough.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

I pulled the trigger and bought a gallon of yellow with 2 quarts of clear. I have no idea if that is enough.

Take video of your progress, I'm sure many are curious how this really works. Good luck.

Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did not see a demo or instructions on how to brush or roll on the paint wrap, but I am interested please post pictures and your opinions if anyone does the brush on or roll on application.
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

I contacted them and they suggested 3 gallons. Then they figured about $100 to ship to canada, that's as far as my order process went. I think I'm going to go with actual vinyl wrap.

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD(2002), Gen V, 3.3 pulley, SD headers

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow it must have to go on thick! I wonder if spraying would reduced the amount.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock