Started on: 10-20-2014 11:48 PM
Replies: 23 (460 views)
Last post by: Christine on 10-30-2014 10:26 PM
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it is kind of late in the year but by popular demand I am making a 2015 Fiero calendar this is the Mile High Fieros calendar I have been making for years now.
I am sure there are a lot of good calendar worthy pictures out there. I am taking submissions for the 2015 calendar until November 1st. You still have time to take some good pictures, if you have a good picture or two please send them to me at info@milehighfieros.com (Please do NOT click the email link in this thread to email me pictures it is not the one I want you to send them too use the info@milehighfieros.com ONLY)

The rules are:

High-resolution photos only please send one or two no more than two please.
Include your name, Pennock’s handle, and the location you want shown with your picture (City, State).

Things I want to see: Fieros in interesting places, IE: Landmarks, race tracks, beautiful scenery in the back ground or cool settings, urban setting are ok too as long as the content is interesting, NOT in your driveway or a parking lot.

Things I do NOT want to see: People posing with cars like Hooters girls on or around your car, any pictures with scantily clad women will be deleted and not considered. This is a calendar featuring Fieros and in interesting places nothing else. Do NOT send pictures of Fieros in driveways, parking lots or anything you would see driving around town.

You do not need to have a show car you just need to have your car in a good picture with interesting content. If the car has a few flaws and the picture is good, I can touch it up and remove a sign or small items, so do not worry about a small flaw if the picture is good.

I make one or two every year for those of you that have not seen them click the link for my past calendars; it will give you a good idea of what I am looking for. http://www.zazzle.com/mile+high+fieros+gifts

Picture Ideas and suggestions:
I would love to see what people have if it is interesting, I like when people think out side the box when taking Fiero pictures, so be creative and make it INTERESTING. Take pictures from above, below, strange angles, different places and INTERESTING places. I like themes too, look around your area I am sure there are some places people would not think to take pictures, RR depots, old buildings nice or dilapidated, land marks, military stuff, natural wonders, wild life in the back ground, Art like statues of cool or historical stuff, grave yards or cemeteries, airplanes, helicopters, NASA or space stuff, I am sure there are more things I could suggest but I will stop and let you think about what your area has to offer and see what you all come up with for this year.
Remove your antenna before taking pictures some people have even taken the wipers off to get that clean sleek look.
turn you wheels so the face of the wheel in toward the camera and not the bottom of the tire.

Did I mention to make you backgrounds and picture INTERESTING.

Photoshop is allowed and this year encouraged as long as it does not look too fake or sloppy, if you can put your Fiero in front of the Taj Mahal http://www.tajmahal.gov.in/video_clips.html the Eiffel tower http://www.toureiffel.paris/en/eiffel-gallery.html or another landmark and it looks real and good go for it get creative and send it to me I just might use it.

You can submit more pictures later if you get one you like better than the ones you have already sent in. Just let me know so I can add it to you folder if I already made one for you. Just do not send me 10 or 20 pictures in one email please.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to see you are doing this again this year! I like the full size images, and the large format of the calendar. Not sure if I can get one in to you this year, but hopefully next year!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought...would it be possible to do the one large main picture and maybe three smaller pictures on the right hand side showing interior, engine bay, and one other? Some of the Fieros I have seen are just as devastatingly good looking on the inside as they are on the outside!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2014?
Typo?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Just a thought...would it be possible to do the one large main picture and maybe three smaller pictures on the right hand side showing interior, engine bay, and one other? Some of the Fieros I have seen are just as devastatingly good looking on the inside as they are on the outside!

+1 ! ! !
John, what a fantastic idea! That would be over the top, if you can get the pictures that you need from people. It would make it one very unique calendar for sure! There are some amazing interiors out there, and it would be a great way to showcase them!
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

That is a possibility but if you look at all my calendars you will see that I try and make the background as interesting as the car in my calendar pictures so it would kind of be just about the car and not about the cool Fiero in a cool location which is what I like to show. I would consider it if I did not get enough Fieros in cool places to fill 12 months.

Maybe I could do that for the cover or the back page? Lets see what I get.

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Christine

1052 posts
Member since Jan 2003

Originally posted by olejoedad:

2014?
Typo?

Yes I have not perfected my time machine yet.

2015 calendar.

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 10-21-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:
Yes I have not perfected my time machine yet.
2015 calendar.

Well.... you DID say:

I know it is kind of late in the year but by popular demand I am making a 2014 Fiero calendar

I doubt you will get enough of the cars with 3 interior shots, and in a good location, scenery ect. Maybe just an option for those that supply those images.

I picture a wide format calendar, 3 smaller inlay photo's taking up say the "right column. edge of the page", with a shot of the car with the full scenery stretched to the full remaining space.

The other option would be the full image, with 3 inlays over the top of the image, and obstructing the background / scenery.

It's your calendar, and most certainly your decision. Just tossing out ideas here.

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I almost did not do the calendar this year as it takes a lot of time to gather, edit and publish and I work about 10 hours a day take care of my elderly Dad & ancient dog, try and run the local Fiero club and fit in a little time to get my personal necessities done, so if I make some typos, misspell something or miss a question, I apologize in advance as I sure it will happen from time to time as I am just very short on time right now. I will do the best I can.

To make less work for me and to keep it interesting I am adding the following:

If you are good with Photoshop and have a good picture please remove the antenna from the picture and any other unsightly items like litter, signs or blemishes in you cars paint. (or remove the antenna before you take the picture)

Photoshop is allowed as long as it does not look too fake, if you can put your Fiero in front of the Taj Mahal http://www.tajmahal.gov.in/video_clips.html the Eiffel tower http://www.toureiffel.paris/en/eiffel-gallery.html or another landmark and it looks real go for it and send it to me I just might use it.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What size photos do you want and what is the deadline for submission?

Nelson
Drew-py

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sent two pictures your way for concideration
PFF
System Bot
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

What size photos do you want and what is the deadline for submission?

Nelson

The photos need to be high res so send them as large as you want but not smaller than 800KB if possible.

As for the deadline to get them in I will say November 15th. I am getting a late start but want to get it done in time for people to get them for Christmas but I am flexible if I do not get enough by then, I will post and let everyone know if I need more or have enough near that date.

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Christine

1052 posts
Member since Jan 2003

Originally posted by Drew-py:

sent two pictures your way for consideration

I sent replies to all the emails I got if you did not get a reply that I received your pics check the email you sent them to and please resend them. I did not see Drew-py did you get a reply? did you put your Pennock's user name in the email?

I just got it so you are good, nice pics too!

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 10-21-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you receive any photo's that you would like to have some help with the Photo Shop stuff, please feel free to shoot them my way. I am quite good with PS, and can do just about anything you would need help with. This is not just some passing offer, As I am 100% serious, so please take advantage of it

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

If you receive any photo's that you would like to have some help with the Photo Shop stuff, please feel free to shoot them my way. I am quite good with PS, and can do just about anything you would need help with. This is not just some passing offer, As I am 100% serious, so please take advantage of it

Thanks John I will let you know, I am still getting the pictures from people but when the deadline comes I will let you know if I need some help. Where are your pictures?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to submit some photo's, but I am afraid I do not trust taking the car past the edge of the driveway at this point till I can get the issues I am having resolved

At this point, I am hoping to have it ready for Daytona next year LOL! Are you gonna make it to Daytona again, I hope so! I will contact Iron Man and let him know you are in town
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent two pix yesterday. Thank you! :-)
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I would love to submit some photo's, but I am afraid I do not trust taking the car past the edge of the driveway at this point till I can get the issues I am having resolved

At this point, I am hoping to have it ready for Daytona next year LOL! Are you gonna make it to Daytona again, I hope so! I will contact Iron Man and let him know you are in town

I do not know if I will come out next year yet I will if I can, and thanks for reminding me about Iron Man, every time I think about that guy it makes me laugh he was a very strange man. So bizarre it was!

As far as pictures of your car goes I say take a few good pictures of it against a white wall and photoshop it into a cool background

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Sent two pix yesterday. Thank you! :-)

I got your pictures and I do like them do you have a wider version of the one in front of the neon lights it may or may not fit in the almost square format of the calendar, if not the other might work. I will let you know.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ill send something as soon as my sail panels come in lol.
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

ill send something as soon as my sail panels come in lol.

Cool I hope you can do it soon I am getting a lot of pictures this year, if you do not get them in time send them anyway I always save the late good ones and the runners up for the next years calendar.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool I hope you can do it soon I am getting a lot of pictures this year, if you do not get them in time send them anyway I always save the late good ones and the runners up for the next years calendar.

ok, np, just wondering where hell they are, guy I bought them from isn't answering my msg's now... always something it seems
PFF
System Bot
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well if you or anyone get the pictures but it is past the dead line I will save them for the next year if they are calendar worthy.

I would like to thank Cliff for changing the title of my post to 2015 so everyone can rest easy and stop telling me I typed it wrong, it is fixed now.

THANKS cliff.
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunantly, I dont think us Texas boys will have July this year. No one has taken any pictures!

[This message has been edited by NEVERDONE (edited 10-25-2014).]

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just want to thank everyone for all the great pictures I should have a good calendar this year. I hope to have it for sale before Thanksgiving so you can get them before Christmas.

Maybe next year for the Texas Fieros take some pictures in the next 10 months and send them to me when you get them.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock