help, car feels like stalling after 30 minutes or so of driving by 88White3.4GT
Started on: 10-20-2014 09:51 PM
Replies: 7 (361 views)
Last post by: 88White3.4GT on 10-26-2014 12:35 AM
88White3.4GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...well i unplugged the TCC thinking it was that, but its not. Car runs fine until about 30-40 minutes of driving. When i come to a stop and press the gas again, it feels like its running out of gas and sounds like its about to die being starved of fuel. Then i start going, and it'll do it intermit. while driving, like i'm running out of gas. Car has 145K give or take miles. 88 GT AUTO. cap and rotor are fine, everything seems tight, plugs/wires are ok not older than 1-2 years, i'm usually good about keeping the car running in top shape.

On a side note, sometimes i pull the fuse from the fuel pump under the dash just incase someone tries to take off with the car. Anyways, hope this isn't the problem.

Thanks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Egr
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or plugged cat.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Think about gas tank crud clogging the fuel pump pick up. After driving for a while, the gas sloshes around plugging up the pick up. Stop the crud settles.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vapor lock?
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i had a mobile mechanic come by and test it out, we drove it for awhile and it started acting up. Turned out to be the accell coil i bought from fiero store that was rather old. New one in and checked cap/rotor, runs smooth and no stalling.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

Turned out to be the accell coil i bought from fiero store that was rather old.

What... it deteriorated just sitting on the shelf?

Over the years I've heard a lot of reasons to stay away from aftermarket coils. Seem to cause more problems than they're worth.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

What... it deteriorated just sitting on the shelf?

Over the years I've heard a lot of reasons to stay away from aftermarket coils. Seem to cause more problems than they're worth.

lol, no it wasn't sitting on the shelf, it was probably about 4-5 years old, installed on the car. I went with ac delco for replacement.... but it should be called El ac Delco??

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock