Delonghi edition! by NeverFamous
Started on: 10-15-2014 05:45 PM
Replies: 5 (317 views)
Last post by: dobey on 10-16-2014 01:50 PM
NeverFamous

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NeverFamousSend a Private Message to NeverFamousEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should never have painted my Fiero with green. 17,891 1986 GTs made that year. And mine is one of 50 that were white monochromatic with hood decal. Delonghi edition there's less than 50 of these! Im left here like "oh my god what did i do"? I came across an old instagram post (comment) and i started digging. And i am only left feeling like ive got to correct and preserve it.Heres a walk around- [url=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4b_XatLgQ4&list=UU4xZvueRropkseF3RXi0cfw[/url]
Im a broke disabled individual but ill be doing everything i can to restore this. The only time in my life my favorite color made me have a bad day!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "DeLonghi Edition" was just a special that some dealer did. IIRC, they were all white, including the wheels. If your car has the original wheels and they aren't white, then you didn't have one of those cars. It's quite possible the car was simply repainted at some point, and the ground effects were also painted white, rather than keeping them silver.
NeverFamous

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeverFamousSend a Private Message to NeverFamousEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[img]
[img]
[img]

So im not seeing white wheels in any of the pics ive found thus far, and my ground effects have never been anything but white. It is original paint and decal- minus the green. But i probably got jipped on the wheels.Then again i can't see a white wheel anywhere. So??? I gotta dig further... Worth preserving and restoring in my eyes if so but i just need more information. Digging.
NeverFamous

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeverFamousSend a Private Message to NeverFamousEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NeverFamous

41 posts
Member since Jan 2014
[img]
The first trip to the coast when i first bought it.
NeverFamous

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeverFamousSend a Private Message to NeverFamousEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NeverFamous

41 posts
Member since Jan 2014
False alarm! No Getrag 5 speed! (i been jipped) And the white wheels were on only a one-of-a-kind prototype made by Pontiac to show the
dealership before the run of 50 cars was scheduled.... still interesting
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2014 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NeverFamous:

False alarm! No Getrag 5 speed! (i been jipped) And the white wheels were on only a one-of-a-kind prototype made by Pontiac to show the
dealership before the run of 50 cars was scheduled.... still interesting

Even if your car was one of those, I wouldn't worry about it too much; unless you feel the need to keep it stock. Dealer special orders like that generally won't increase the value of the car much, if any. It would also probably be hard to prove it was one without original dealer documentation at this point. I don't think there was a special GM RPO for it, so it wouldn't show on the RPO sticker.

EDIT: Found another thread from a while back about the Quality Pontiac special edition cars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...02-1-079180.html#p23

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 10-16-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock