Started on: 10-10-2014 09:13 PM
Replies: 3 (233 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 10-16-2014 07:21 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might be asking yourself "Why would I need headlight restoration on my Fiero?" Good question. Honestly, it started with my wife's car. Her headlights were very yellow and non-transpaent. I hit them toothpaste (saw it on youtube) and it worked so I decided to try a full restoration kit. It worked excellent! How does that apply to our little two seater? Great question.

As you know we are currently building the Rottinchop. We needed a new set of aux gauges as the current ones were not good. I found a set at the local pick and pull. The problem was the lens was rather non-transparent. I hit both the inside and outside of the lens with just the fine polish from the Mothers kit. It came out perfectly clear with about 30 seconds of polishing. I plan on trying an instrument cluster lens as well.

Rottin recommendation: Highly recommended.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 10-11-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also wanted t let everyone know that the rumor of toothpaste works as does the rumor of Repel (and I assume other bug sprays). We took the Repel to the bone yard and sprayed it on a really bad headlight. It literally melts the nasty UV damaged plastic away. I would think you would need to wash it right away though.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SOLUTION FOR GAGE PLASTIC!!!!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 10-15-2014).]

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a quick touch up on lightly oxidized plastic headlamps, plain old Turtle Wax Chrome Polish and a microfiber cloth works wonders. On my wife's CRV, the original headlamps still look like new, and this is all I have ever used on them.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are plastic polishes for only about $5 a pint. I have some heavy duty, and finishing polish. I bought it to do a plastic convertible top window you could not see thru. I got it to about 90% as clear as new in about a 1/2 hour. I use toothpaste to buff out model cars. I recently did a short video doing some yellowed headlites with a buffer and rubbing compound in just about 1 1/2 minutes. I did my vans light a year ago and theyre still fine.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock