68 GTO Hood Tach by chrissin712
Started on: 09-22-2014 11:01 AM
Replies: 7 (480 views)
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 09-24-2014 11:55 AM
chrissin712

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has anybody installed one of these on a Fiero?
I noticed a nice 87 GP that had several 60s/70s Pontiac parts and it came out really well.
I wonder if this would work on the Fiero.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-22-2014 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure you could do it if you wanted to. I'm not sure it would look great though.

I think a HUD retrofit is more fitting for the Fiero, personally.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrissin712:

Has anybody installed one of these on a Fiero?
I noticed a nice 87 GP that had several 60s/70s Pontiac parts and it came out really well.
I wonder if this would work on the Fiero.

I thought about it. Those tach's were for 8 cylinders so it would need reworked for anything less. They have some after markets that look nice and I'm also wondering about the viewing angle. Fiero seats are a lot lower than a GTO of the era. I do have a spare hood I could try it on.........

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen a fastback with one on the hood and I liked the look. I think it may have been at the Wisconsin Dells show, cant find pics of it though. To me it is a muscle car look, which I think certain features work on a Fiero, the side and sail scoops would compliment it too. Like these, though I dont like flush mount headlights.

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get the right shaped tach that works for a V6, and make your own hood cover for it. Can be fabbed from metal or fiberglass. Wouldnt be hard at all. I know at least some off the shelf tachs are weather resistant because I see street racers with bare ones on their hoods all the time. make a pattern with some light cardboard. I could make one in one single piece curved and bent to fit over any tach out of a piece of metal ducting from the hardware store. Hidden screws or rivets from underneath and some paint and your done. Could look very professional in less than an hours work. Get really fancy and even make a clear lexan face for it.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I've seen a fastback with one on the hood and I liked the look. I think it may have been at the Wisconsin Dells show, cant find pics of it though...

John Olson's (of Wisconsin) Burgundy LT1 Fastback has a hood tach... I'll have to see if I can find any pics of it.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

John Olson's (of Wisconsin) Burgundy LT1 Fastback has a hood tach... I'll have to see if I can find any pics of it.

Yep! I knew it was burgundy.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... not the greatest pics, but you can see the tach is there! (I'll keep looking)

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 09-24-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock