Hello all! by MiloFiero
Started on: 09-22-2014 12:47 AM
Replies: 17 (357 views)
Last post by: katatak on 09-24-2014 07:52 PM
MiloFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiloFieroSend a Private Message to MiloFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all, I am new to the forum but not so new to owning a fiero. Just thought I would introduce myself and tell my story of my fiero.
My name is Evan Casteel. Im from Winston-Salem, NC.
I first bough my '86 Fiero Gt when i was 14, back In January of 2011 with grass/weeds taller than it. The car had been sitting in the same spot for 10+ years, with 110k miles. The reason we were told they parked it was because of the fuel pump going out and they had no experience in cars so they parked it. Once we bought and brought it home, we started on trying to get it running. Did the basic tune up and replaced the battery, and sure enough cranked right up. We finally got the car running well enough to drive and out to get some ice cream we went. Once the motor got warm it started losing oil pressure. That led us to rebuild the motor, finding that the oil pick-up tube had fallen into the bottom of the pan causing the motor to run dry of oil. After rebuilding the stock 2.8 the fiero was officially mine. Dad has left the car to me and fix the car to have a better appeal to it.
Dad helped me redo the headliner seeing how the original was shot. I went out to our local pull-a-part and bought some freshly redone tweed seats for $25 each with some redone sun visors for $5. I had a grant steering wheel sitting on the shelf so i put that on. 35% tint on the windows. Bought the rear sail panels, dark smoke. Pioneer radio with pioneer 4x10 and pioneer 4x6 with a 800 watt amp. And of course last year I had the car painter Viper red.
I plan on getting some wheels within the next couple weeks. esm 004 17x8 et 35 all 4 corners. Also plan on getting the kyb shocks and struts and then going with the WCF coilovers and 1.5 inch springs. I really hate the way the front bumper looks, so in the future (not now) but plan on changing or adding the chin spoiler.
Where we found it

Before paint.

After paint.

Whenever I start building and doing more i'll try my best to keep you gets updated!
Thanks to the forum admins for letting me join!

------------------
18 years old with an '86 GT
Instagram name: ev.c

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of fiero madness! Nice car you got there. You found the right place to share your good times and bad. And there will be BOTH!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Evan
Nice find ... welcome to tne madness You will find here a ton of knowledge. Your best friend will be the Search button..

regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness! The car looks great.
MiloFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiloFieroSend a Private Message to MiloFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you guys for the welcoming. Ive been lurking on the forum for a long time and finally decided to join and maybe get some info or help I have on any questions.
Although the car is not perfect, fast, and sometimes not the most reliable, its still a great first car and im doing my best to keep it in operation and have fun with it. The car is my daily so the mileage has increased a ton.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MiloFiero:

Although the car is not perfect, fast, and sometimes not the most reliable

You just described a stock fiero to a "T". LOL Ya got to love though!
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another one saved...A+

------------------
1992 SVX LS-L
1998 Ford F150 Super Cab V8 4X4
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So has it always been monotone? I thought only 88's were painted all one color. But of course plenty of time had passed for someone to repaint it, even before you got it.
Just curious.
Would you mind sharing the VIN?
MiloFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiloFieroSend a Private Message to MiloFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

So has it always been monotone? I thought only 88's were painted all one color. But of course plenty of time had passed for someone to repaint it, even before you got it.
Just curious.
Would you mind sharing the VIN?

From what it appears, it looks like the car had been in a pile up or they were hit it the rear and rear-ended someone. Nothing appeared to be damaged but the front and rear bumpers dont line up 100%. We can also see some over spray around the radiator on various pieces around the car.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Milo, what's the story on the Vega?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car, welcome to the forum!
PFF
System Bot
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum and do I dare say the madness. Nice ride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum, nice save with this car.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Milo, what's the story on the Vega?

Nice Fiero and Vega. If you go to a car show take both cars and see what kind of response you get.You don't see many Vegas our Fieros running around anymore.Welcome to the Fiero family.
MiloFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiloFieroSend a Private Message to MiloFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The vega is my dads pride and joy. We had a '64 Chevelle that graced the cover of super chevy and was featured in several magazines and same goes for a '65 Belair we had but his favorite is the Vega. We bought it about 6 years ago and immediately put a v8 in it. IT has a small block 355 with a throttle bodied fuel injection, aluminum heads and all comp cams valve springs. We've been doing the Hot Rod Power Tour for years and this year we were in several different Vendor's booth's. Car has a wonderful sound system, fuel injected v8, digital dash, all big disc brakes, and with a hurst lighting rod shifters.

Both cars together
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice rack.
No... really.
MiloFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiloFieroSend a Private Message to MiloFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Nice rack.
No... really.

Thats the best part of the whole car! Usually we have a surf-board on top.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Save! Love the Vega too!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock