Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Southern Ontario/Greater Toronto Fieros: Halton Hills Wild & Wacky Fun Run 2014!!!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Southern Ontario/Greater Toronto Fieros: Halton Hills Wild & Wacky Fun Run 2014!!! by OHNIKO
Started on: 09-18-2014 04:43 PM
Replies: 12 (263 views)
Last post by: FieroMontreal on 09-29-2014 11:47 PM
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.gtfieros.com/php...3&t=581&p=3371#p3371

Intro: Lotsa twisties, quick elevation changes, awesome vistas, driver-demanding! It is not for any faint-of-heart passengers, but we do consider safety first, and ahem the rules of the road. :shock:

This one is a bit different from our typical cruises as it can be a high performance run. I've seen speed bikes do this one occassionally (and a Fiero or 2!).
It will take place through Halton Hills, Flamboro, Milton areas etc., with an optional late lunch stop at the end.

***Please make sure your lights, horn, wheels, brakes, suspension & steering are in good working order.***
Minimal breakfast & barf bags are suggested, but hopefully not required.
We do pull some g's on this one. Anyone who's done this one before can attest!

Mission: Hook up with fellow Fiero enthusiasts & fans for a very non-leisurely cruise from Caledon to Milton area, criss-crossing some really picturesque Escarpment country!

This Tour includes scenic areas, lush hill & valley areas, nature areas, fast curves, steep hills & countryside.
Parts of this route are popular with car clubs, cyclists and bikers alike. They need to watch out! (jk), let's consider to be considerate.
There are many curves, hills & straight open stretches on this route for all to enjoy!
Usually I also do this drive in the fall, as it is quite picturesque in September/October/early November with all the leaves swirling around in my dust.

WHEN: this Sunday September 28th, 2014
TIME: meet up at 9:00 am, depart at 9:30 am.
WHERE: we will meet up in front of the old RONA parking lot (just past the East Side Marios) at the 401 & Winston Churchill exit. (Whoever has attended the classic cruise nights on Friday evenings should know where this is.)

Official Googlemaps addy is:
3135 Argentia Rd
coords: 43.597836,-79.788716

Please be food & gas filled so we can leave at 9:30 am sharp. It's best to gas up first, then meet up.

Who's in? ...any Fiero friends you know that also have 'sports cars/motorcycles' are welcome & invited. Let's see if they can keep up. :roll:

I'll monitor the weather as the date approaches& make a final call on it on Saturday. If it doesn't happen for whatever reason, I'll reschedule it, so don't despair! :lol:

Here's last years info 4 this run: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092950.html

------------------
RATE ME IF YOU LIKE MY CRUISES!!!
1985 RED & SILVER CUSTOM GT 2.8 V6...IT LOOKS NICE!

Original 18" x 8" Motegi Roja's, 225-40-ZR18's front, 265-35-ZR18's rears, coil-overs, KYB shocks & struts, 2.5" drop, K&N filters, Holley side scoop, upgraded front & rear sway bars, poly, fully loaded, tinted, & some other nice custom stuff...

1985 GT SILVER CONVERSION PROJECT, 3800 SC SII powered, doesn't look as nice (yet), but it sure goes!

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 09-22-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in

I am going to pick up Lunatic on the way, since his car won't be ready before the second coming of Christ....

I propose starting around Lowville, work our way up through Campbellville, and have lunch or dinner near Rockwood
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in as well, but we should start in Milton
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just let Nick do his thing boys. He is very good at this and puts in a lot of effort. This cruise is a blast! I have done it with Nick several times and it never disappoints. I hope to be along for this one as well

DF
Lunatic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pete, call me and we can discuss where we'll meet up, etc.
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YA, sorry I don't have time to scout a new route this year, so i'll stick to the one we've been doing for the last few years.

If you haven't done this run, Im pretty confident that you will not be disappointed.

I've had complaints before that some passengers have gotten 'too dizzy' during this ride...

Hope you make it Dave, this one's for you buddy!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OHNIKO

2124 posts
Member since Jul 2003
initial post updated with details.

iirc, duration is about 3 hrs on everage, not including any breakdowns/repairs & inspections :shock: , or optional lunch at the end.
We do stop at least once during the run for a stretch, bathroom break etc.
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

By hook or by crook dude!!!!! Hope the weather works cuz car is runnin great!!!!!!! See you there!!!!!!!

Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dave E Bouy

1465 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

By hook or by crook dude!!!!! Hope the weather works cuz car is runnin great!!!!!!! See you there!!!!!!!

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a go folks. Mild weather too, so maybe break out the Shorts! Summer Finally! See you Tomorrow!
mderue

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mderueSend a Private Message to mderueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leaving from NY now. I hope if you don't mind my "Yellow plates" joining you..
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The day started out great....until one of us sadly decided to have a Car-B-Q..... At least nobody got hurt

http://www.gtfieros.com/php...wtopic.php?f=5&t=584
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy Crap that blows!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock