Started on: 09-13-2014 11:12 AM
Replies: 57 (1360 views)
Last post by: dobey on 09-26-2014 11:56 PM
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2014 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL.

Again, you are just pointing to rumor mill blogs.

Mass is an issue regardless of whether it's powered by batteries, fuel cells, or burning dinosaurs that have been slowly turning to mush for 65 million years. You're not trying to "point me in the right direction" at all. You're apparently misunderstanding what I post, and confusing rumor mill blogs as fact, and then trying to berate me because you disagree for some reason.

Why are you talking about trucks, the Camaro, and weight loss now? I thought we were talking about this potential C8 mid-engined Vette that will supposedly push up to 1000 HP or more out of the engine?

Which one is it? Is it going to be a supercar pushing for 1000 HP, or is it going to be a hypermiler? Get your stories straight, and try to avoid mixing all the rumors. Just going to a RMR layout doesn't mean the tires can magically be much smaller.

I am not at all pondering Pontiac's return. Nor a Fiero. Learn to use some bloody reading comprehension. I merely said that if a Fiero were to come back, then it's likely Pontiac would too. Only because that's exactly how unlikely it is for there to be any new Fiero.

Get over yourself man. You're the one that needs to "get real" as you so eloquently put it.

And for some reason you keep wanting to assume that I am somehow not an engineer. Just because I don't work at GM, and you don't know me, doesn't mean I'm not an engineer. Just because engineers at GM know what they're talking about, doesn't mean you fully understood what they said, remembered it 100% accurately, or can properly restate it in the same way they did. That's why the "I heard it from someone who heard it from someone else" is not a valid argument or useful physical evidence. Go see Kurosawa's Rashomon for a lesson in how everyone tells the same story wildly differently.

As for aero, there is a LOT of aero that can be gained. And there's a lot more to aero than just frontal area.
IP: Logged
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the longest time I could never wrap my head around these two proverbs:

26:4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself.
26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.

This thread has really enlightened me with greater understanding. Think I'm going to wise up and check out of this one...
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2014 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

LOL.

Again, you are just pointing to rumor mill blogs.

Mass is an issue regardless of whether it's powered by batteries, fuel cells, or burning dinosaurs that have been slowly turning to mush for 65 million years. You're not trying to "point me in the right direction" at all. You're apparently misunderstanding what I post, and confusing rumor mill blogs as fact, and then trying to berate me because you disagree for some reason.

Why are you talking about trucks, the Camaro, and weight loss now? I thought we were talking about this potential C8 mid-engined Vette that will supposedly push up to 1000 HP or more out of the engine?

Which one is it? Is it going to be a supercar pushing for 1000 HP, or is it going to be a hypermiler? Get your stories straight, and try to avoid mixing all the rumors. Just going to a RMR layout doesn't mean the tires can magically be much smaller.

I am not at all pondering Pontiac's return. Nor a Fiero. Learn to use some bloody reading comprehension. I merely said that if a Fiero were to come back, then it's likely Pontiac would too. Only because that's exactly how unlikely it is for there to be any new Fiero.

Get over yourself man. You're the one that needs to "get real" as you so eloquently put it.

And for some reason you keep wanting to assume that I am somehow not an engineer. Just because I don't work at GM, and you don't know me, doesn't mean I'm not an engineer. Just because engineers at GM know what they're talking about, doesn't mean you fully understood what they said, remembered it 100% accurately, or can properly restate it in the same way they did. That's why the "I heard it from someone who heard it from someone else" is not a valid argument or useful physical evidence. Go see Kurosawa's Rashomon for a lesson in how everyone tells the same story wildly differently.

As for aero, there is a LOT of aero that can be gained. And there's a lot more to aero than just frontal area.

My point is the industry is going to turn upside down in the next ten years and many things we take for granted will either be gone or be done radically different. That was my point of the other vehicles. Mass is the target of all automakers now to reduce in their vehicles Corvettes included. Note they just announced the new D2XX platform from GM is going to lose guess what a lot of mass. That is the point!

It will be fun to post this back up when the mules show up. LOL!
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

5995 posts
Member since Mar 2003

I am not going to say this is it and I am not going to say this is not it. There is enough here to consider but also enough to discount this. It is enough to keep an eye open. Not many people hacking up new Malibu and sticking Corvette C7 parts on them just for fun. But would GM put C7 flags on it? Also why in Long Island ?

Either way the new Vette will be under a different body for new testing. the C5 was under a hacked up Camaro as proof of how GM does this. It is still in the Bowling Green Museum.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:
Not many people hacking up new Malibu and sticking Corvette C7 parts on them just for fun. But would GM put C7 flags on it? Also why in Long Island ?

Eh. Maybe they put Vette flags on it to troll people like you.

I see people put the Vette emblems on all kinds of things. Heck, I saw a Silverado the other day that had two of the flag emblems on the tailgate.

And why does anybody do anything in Long Island?
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they were trying to test a new Corvette under cover why would they put C7 emblems on it?
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so I said I was done here. I know. I had to post this however. You need to read it. For the record, I do not work for C/D and had no hand in this write up...

http://www.caranddriver.com...engined-zora-feature

"Why mid-engine? Because the C7 Corvette, especially the Z06 edition, is tapped out. Adding more power to a front-engine design only accelerates the conversion of rubber into smoke at the rear. Moving the engine’s mass closer to the drive tires is the most effective means of improving Corvette acceleration and braking."
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

If they were trying to test a new Corvette under cover why would they put C7 emblems on it?

I agree but who would spend the time and money also to do something like this too. This would be an expensive joke.. There is conflict either way.

Either way I would not say this is or is not anything as we have too little info on it.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

5995 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by jediperk:

Ok, so I said I was done here. I know. I had to post this however. You need to read it. For the record, I do not work for C/D and had no hand in this write up...

http://www.caranddriver.com...engined-zora-feature

"Why mid-engine? Because the C7 Corvette, especially the Z06 edition, is tapped out. Adding more power to a front-engine design only accelerates the conversion of rubber into smoke at the rear. Moving the engine’s mass closer to the drive tires is the most effective means of improving Corvette acceleration and braking."

This is the time we just sit back and let it unfold.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 09-26-2014).]

TONY_C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And why does anybody do anything in Long Island?

It's ON Long Island, not in Long Island. And what's that supposed to mean anyway? I can't tell where you're from because it's a secret or something.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2014 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:
It's ON Long Island, not in Long Island. And what's that supposed to mean anyway? I can't tell where you're from because it's a secret or something.

Both are valid, if you want to try and be cool with giving out grammar lessons. If you want to be a pedant though, make sure you go after hyperv6, because he said in too.

It means what it means. Nothing more or less. And it doesn't matter where I'm from.
TONY_C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pedant, huh? Well, I'm an engineer and where I work there are no minor details, lives depend on our equipment. Yeah, I saw hyperV6 said in long island as well but he's not the one who has to disagree with every post he sees so I figured I'd let him slide.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

Pedant, huh? Well, I'm an engineer and where I work there are no minor details, lives depend on our equipment. Yeah, I saw hyperV6 said in long island as well but he's not the one who has to disagree with every post he sees so I figured I'd let him slide.

Sure he is. He was disagreeing with all of my posts. There are no minor details, right?

Yes, a pedant, because you're not providing any useful addition the thread.

This thread should have been over with after like the fourth post, but hyperv6 came in and turned this thread into some argument about a theoretical C8 mid-engine Vette. What has that got to do with any possibility of a new Fiero? Read the thread title and the first post.

The only way a new Fiero is going to come back, is if GM can become profitable enough to bring back Pontiac, with models that were not so poorly remembered by the public, and keep it well managed and profitable. Then maybe a Fiero return might be possible. But we all know how likely that is. It's not.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sure he is. He was disagreeing with all of my posts. There are no minor details, right?

Yes, a pedant, because you're not providing any useful addition the thread.

This thread should have been over with after like the fourth post, but hyperv6 came in and turned this thread into some argument about a theoretical C8 mid-engine Vette. What has that got to do with any possibility of a new Fiero? Read the thread title and the first post.

The only way a new Fiero is going to come back, is if GM can become profitable enough to bring back Pontiac, with models that were not so poorly remembered by the public, and keep it well managed and profitable. Then maybe a Fiero return might be possible. But we all know how likely that is. It's not.

I think you missed his point as he was doing to you what you do to so many others. You don't like it either do you?

I will agree that it will be a cold day before a Fiero is even considered lest brought back. Now as for the C8 it is more than theory. I have followed this story for a few years now and there is more to it than you have a clue about. I expect we will see some real mules by next August.

Either way I will admit I am wrong once proven wrong and I would expect you will do in kind if the same happens to your theory.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think you missed his point as he was doing to you what you do to so many others. You don't like it either do you?

I will agree that it will be a cold day before a Fiero is even considered lest brought back. Now as for the C8 it is more than theory. I have followed this story for a few years now and there is more to it than you have a clue about. I expect we will see some real mules by next August.

Either way I will admit I am wrong once proven wrong and I would expect you will do in kind if the same happens to your theory.

No, I don't do that to so many others, as you say.

As for the supposed C8, it still has nothing to do with any Fiero.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, I don't do that to so many others, as you say.

As for the supposed C8, it still has nothing to do with any Fiero.

Yes you do and I can see you don't' like it either.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2014 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes you do and I can see you don't' like it either.

No. If that is what I did, I would correct your poor grammar and spelling constantly, because you're not very good at it. Plenty of opportunity to do it right here, in just that one little surprisingly short post of yours.

Do you have something useful to add to the thread? Or are you and tony_c turning yet another thread into some personal attack against me? Because for some reason you like to do that.

No? Nothing about a new Fiero? Didn't think so.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock