Ranger Products QuickJack BL-5000 by dbober
Started on: 09-09-2014 02:43 PM
Replies: 13 (1157 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 01-05-2020 01:03 PM
dbober

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dboberSend a Private Message to dboberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone using this to lift their Fiero?

http://www.bendpak.com/Shop...ickJack/BL-5000.aspx

I'm considering this for next year, but I'm concerned that it's not long enough for the Fiero's lift points?
Max Length: 50.5 inches

Doug

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Funkicidal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FunkicidalSend a Private Message to FunkicidalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's pretty cool. I don't see a price on the website though, maybe it's in one of the PDF catalogs?

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula - White - Stock 2.8/Auto - 156,000 miles and counting
2008 Patriot - Black - 2.4/CVT/FDI - 110,000 miles and counting

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want it but just a little worried about the coolant tunes, I don't maybe.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The base is only 11" wide. If you even blow at the car, it can tip over. I wouldn't use that if you gave it to me for free.
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's a pair, ok but not for a single lift setup
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The BL-3500 which is the 3500 pound capacity units are $995 on Ebay. I imagine the 5000 ones are slightly more expensive.

It's a shame you didn't see Dennis' lift for sale in the mall which is now sold. He only wanted $750 and it was a complete vehicle lift:

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-10-2014 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The base is only 11" wide. If you even blow at the car, it can tip over. I wouldn't use that if you gave it to me for free.

Per side. The kit is a pair of the frames, one for each side of the vehicle.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://ezcarlift.com/index.html Kinda expensive but it shows a FIERO up on the lift and is very stable. I've seen the ranger 3500 in use at a race track - had a mazda spec racer up in the air and the owner was leaning on the car with no fear of it falling .
dbober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dboberSend a Private Message to dboberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The BL-5000 sells at Summit Racing for $1295.00

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnr-5175188

It includes two hydraulic lifts, power unit, and remote. It also appears that this will not work with a Fiero, each lift measures 11.25 inches wide, but the maximum length is 50.5 inches. I think we need about 60 inches between the front and back sub-frames to lift the car safely. (I'm following the jacking points in the 1988 factory service manual.) Can anyone here who has lifted their car on a two post lift confirm that?

I'm also considering the EZcarlift, this lift has been mentioned in this forum before. The company has three pictures of a 1988 Fiero GT on their lift!

http://ezcarlift.com/galler..._images/fiero_03.jpg

Yeah, it's pricy, but I'm 48 years old with a lower back issue and don't mind paying for something that's going to make it easier to work on this car without major modifications to my garage.

Edited because I can't count.

[This message has been edited by dbober (edited 09-10-2014).]

scholar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2019 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scholarSend a Private Message to scholarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They’ve released an extended version that accommodates up to 66”:

https://www.quickjack.com/c...000ext-car-lift.html
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2019 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For that kind of money (+shipping) I would look on Craigs List for a good used 2 post lift. If you have a 6" floor in your garage that's ideal but if its 4" you can just have some heavy steel 4' L channel runners (that also use concrete anchors) welded to the posts. Just make sure that you have at least an 11" ceiling. If the ceiling is 8' then the hydraulic scissors lift is ideal.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2019 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

For that kind of money (+shipping) I would look on Craigs List for a good used 2 post lift. If you have a 6" floor in your garage that's ideal but if its 4" you can just have some heavy steel 4' L channel runners (that also use concrete anchors) welded to the posts. Just make sure that you have at least an 11" ceiling. If the ceiling is 8' then the hydraulic scissors lift is ideal.

UPDATE: My friend Henry just purchased the Quickjack 5000. They are made in China and made from low end common steel not high end hardened steel. You wouldn't catch me under these jacks anytime soon. Quickjack may be an American company but their products are 100% Chinese including the hydraulic lines and connectors. I call it the suicide jack!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 06-27-2019).]

luvatenor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for luvatenorSend a Private Message to luvatenorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I have an 87' GT and just purchased a QuickJack 7000SLX. Can someone tell me where the proper place to put the Quickjack(Lift points). Thank you-Rolf
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock