Started on: 09-04-2014 08:16 PM
Replies: 111 (4325 views)
Last post by: nosrac on 09-19-2023 12:08 PM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Terrance...can't wait to see in the car
Fiero 88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aw, I really liked those gold 5 spoke wheels. That's exactly what I want on my car when it's time for new shoes.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 88:

Aw, I really liked those gold 5 spoke wheels. That's exactly what I want on my car when it's time for new shoes.

I plan on using Gold Plastic Dip on these current ones. I just wasn't feeling the other ones after they were mounted on the car.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's in!

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Now, I have the stopping powah. 12" C4 brakes and 325# coil overs

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 06-04-2016).]

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2016 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking very nice man!!

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Port St.Lucie, Florida
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back 2 the grind bump but the work keeps piling up.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2016 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prepped for 90mm low profile headlight s

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2016 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Raised the trunk for a larger exhaust system and future turbo.

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work dude! I have to say, the first set of wheels looked WAY better.
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Nice work dude! I have to say, the first set of wheels looked WAY better.

LOL, I did like the look but they didn't fit as well as the new ones. The fronts stuck out a tad bit on the gold wheels, as I got 17x7 with 35offset. you can't tell as much if you are lowered enough but I can't seem to get my car's stance in the front right.

The new set fronts are 18x7 with a 45 offset. Also, I was able to get two additional wider wheels for the rear in the same style for the drag radials making for 6 total, (18x8.5 and 18X9.5) vs (17x8) in the gold.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Still a lot of work to do but I'm making good progress.

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
PLX devices to monitor, log data, and Tune! Still waiting on the mail for my PLX wideband and Bluetooth 4.1 multilink adapter to stream to my phone.

OLD OBD2 vs PLX KIWI3

The KIWI3 will allow integration of wireless boost and wideband data to my iPhone for tuning.
The OLD OBD interface didn't work with an iPhone and couldn't get wideband data and only up to 12 psi boost that the PCM sees. I don't think the 2 map boost value is 100% accurate and the narrowband is inadequate.
I really didn't want to run wires through the firewall to get accurate wideband and boost data that I had to use my DHP to log it which is cumbersome and unreliable when logging data.

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is really coming together nicely!!

Originally posted by nosrac:

[/URL]

Did you have to modify the HVAC ducting on the drivers side to install the 5 1/4" speaker? I've read in other threads that sometimes the magnet will interfere and some people have had to reshape the duct with a heat gun.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

This car is really coming together nicely!!

Did you have to modify the HVAC ducting on the drivers side to install the 5 1/4" speaker? I've read in other threads that sometimes the magnet will interfere and some people have had to reshape the duct with a heat gun.

No I don't think so. IIRC it was just the speaker grill.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to redo the TB as it interfered with the decklid. My SC is a tad bit too high and is causing clearance issues. I ordered a ZZP SC turndown adapter so the TB will clear the decklid. I also picked up an 84 decklid hoping that would solve the clearance issues but it didn't. I hope to run the 84 lid when I get her turboed in the future but it will require a custom turbo intake. Can anyone make me a custom aluminum Intake (BV MotorSports) ???

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 12-01-2016).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL, I did like the look but they didn't fit as well as the new ones. The fronts stuck out a tad bit on the gold wheels, as I got 17x7 with 35offset. you can't tell as much if you are lowered enough but I can't seem to get my car's stance in the front right.

The new set fronts are 18x7 with a 45 offset. Also, I was able to get two additional wider wheels for the rear in the same style for the drag radials making for 6 total, (18x8.5 and 18X9.5) vs (17x8) in the gold.

For sure, on an 88 you want a 45-48mm offset on the front or its gonna rub/stick out. Loving your build.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

PLX devices to monitor, log data, and Tune! Still waiting on the mail for my PLX wideband and Bluetooth 4.1 multilink adapter to stream to my phone.

OLD OBD2 vs PLX KIWI3

The KIWI3 will allow integration of wireless boost and wideband data to my iPhone for tuning.
The OLD OBD interface didn't work with an iPhone and couldn't get wideband data and only up to 12 psi boost that the PCM sees. I don't think the 2 map boost value is 100% accurate and the narrowband is inadequate.
I really didn't want to run wires through the firewall to get accurate wideband and boost data that I had to use my DHP to log it which is cumbersome and unreliable when logging data.

If you aren't using the EGR, you can use that to datalog the WBO2 in the ECU. There is a file you have to load in HPT and obviously run the egr wire in the engine bay to the WBO2. IIRC, it was FieroGuru or John at Intense that told me about it.

Alos, what expansion tank are you using there on the left side of the engine bay?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For sure, on an 88 you want a 45-48mm offset on the front or its gonna rub/stick out. Loving your build.

Yes, I found out the hard way $$$. That is the main reasons why I changed wheels. I wasn't feeling how the fronts stuck out. It wasn't bad but still it wasn't what I wanted.
Luckly, I was able to sell them quickly so I was able to get some that fit like I expected. I would love a custom intake like the one you had but I need something low profile.
A simple cylinder like FieroX had or a rectangular box is what I am looking for.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

If you aren't using the EGR, you can use that to datalog the WBO2 in the ECU. There is a file you have to load in HPT and obviously run the egr wire in the engine bay to the WBO2. IIRC, it was FieroGuru or John at Intense that told me about it.

Also, what expansion tank are you using there on the left side of the engine bay?

It is a C4 Corvette surge tank. I got the idea from someone on the forum. Hell, most of my ideas are from someone on the forum. If it looks good and you shared it with the world then I'm borrowing it...lol

BTW, No EGR wiring so I had to go another route.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 12-01-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats the way it should be. We all should share information. Whats the point of posting about something and keeping the details secret, other than to rub it everyone's face? That's my opinion. As for my old intake for the turbo 3800. It would be easy to recreate and you wouldnt have to make an exact copy. However, the T/B & LIM kinda dictate the overall design. John at Intense Racing and I have chatted about this very subject at length. We shared designs that we drew up for custom intake that would replace the LIM and UIM and include a heat exchanger for W2A intercooling. Whats funny is our designs were nearly identical! Now that I am at the shop I can actually make this happen. Dave and Antonio take my ideas seriously and they can fabricate/manufacture all sorts of cool things. You should see the intake they made for this customers 280z turbo. Its incredible. Anyway, if you ever need more pics of that custom UIM I had, just let me know. Just start with a supercharger to LIM gasket and N* TB adapter plate and make your own!

p.s. thanks for the info on the surge tank. I am looking for a better tank for my W2A reservoir.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 12-02-2016).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2016 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed a hood release thingie for the deckild. Gracefully stole from FieroGuru.

Tried on my spoiler to insure hood release will hold up under the added weight. BTW, do I need to use SMC to permanently install it? The screws are not long enough for me to bolt it down.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 12-12-2016).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2016 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The screws are not long enough for me to bolt it down.

I'd get longer bolts, is that not workable?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2016 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I'd get longer bolts, is that not workable?

I don't think the existing bolts are removable to put longer ones in.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2016 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Inspiration: Not mine but I likie. I don't have the Aero package on mine but that could change if I don't like how my coup turns out.

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love that black car and you are well on your way to it man. Nice work. That motor is looking SWEET!!

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Port St.Lucie, Florida
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BeachBumPete

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BeachBumPeteSend a Private Message to BeachBumPeteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks and sounds great man congrats on the successful startup. What is that app on your phone and how does it hook to the system? That wing is looking sweet.

Pete

------------------

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The app is torque and it connects via Bluetooth from the OBDII wireless adapter.
I also have the PLX MultiGauge app that I was simultaneously running on my other phone.
However, that was the phone I was using for the video so I couldn't show it.

I'm running a temporary restrictive exhaust now to quiet it up some so I can run it at home without causing an earthquake but have a real exhaust system waiting to get built.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2017 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Engine and Trans on Cradle

i don't see an A/C compressor. my A/C compressor and the p-log are touching, a little scared that it will overheat the compressor and make is a short lived a/c environment.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2017 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

i don't see an A/C compressor. my A/C compressor and the p-log are touching, a little scared that it will overheat the compressor and make is a short lived a/c environment.

I think I put some header wrap between the two. IIRC, Mine is very close but not touching

ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How "thick" would you say that spoiler is at the center?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:

How "thick" would you say that spoiler is at the center?

About 2.5"
ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

About 2.5"
gracias!

keep up the good work

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do like that bronze finish on the valve covers and supercharger.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock