Started on: 08-30-2014 10:22 PM
Replies: 16 (544 views)
Last post by: tshark on 09-01-2014 09:01 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...The Burgandy Bumblebee

I left Dan in Simcoe, Ontario, on his way back to Montreal in his new car with a full tank of gas, after we got him a new battery and installed it in Wall-Marts parking lot.

Yeh, parking-lot repairs on a Fiero. THAT never happens

That was 9pm.....Anybody want to start a pool on how far he makes it before the 1st break-down ???

(For those who havent met Dan, he is a really good guy)

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 08-31-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait. Doesn't he have one of the nice Fieros?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YUP...this one is to be..... Naw, I'll let him explain the plan.
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:
Wait. Doesn't he have one of the nice Fieros?

This one:

That was 9pm.....Anybody want to start a pool on how far he makes it before the 1st break-down ???

He has roughly a 9 hours drive back to the Quebec City area where he lives.

Was he stopping in Montreal to sleep ?

2$ says he makes it all the way, no break-down.

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He just said somewhere the other side of Toronto.

I wouldnt doubt it makes it all the way. It needed the battery, and had a bit of a surge at idle (probably an vacuum leak somewhere) plus the usual 2.8 cracked exhaust tube sound, but otherwise was a REALLY nice car for its age. If he had decided to pass on it I would have snapped it up, but he had 1st dibs.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 08-31-2014).]

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smells like someone is planning on doing a complete transplant...
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well for all the people who guessed makes all the way .... YOUR the WINNERS !!!!

Left Simcoe and drove all the way to the OnRoute in Brockville got there at 02:00am hunckered down till 05:30 grab a coffee at headed home... Got the GT to my garage this morning at 10:45 ...... this burgundy bumblebee was a nice catch after checking with car fax I will be able to tell you were this car was from originally.... but Paul the previous owner says his father inlaw bought it from a guy in the States.... it has alot of things pointing to that too ..... the speedometer is in MPH and the underside is WITHOUT rust..... an intact spaceframe... this is an 1987 GT full equipped without sunroof which I think is odd ......I will post pics in a couple of minute

@midenginemaniac I thank you so much Mike for scouting out the car for me last month ans also taking me from Aldershot, Ont and driving me there...... you are one of the finest people I've ever met ..... hope all the chips fall in place for ya so you can get that farm you want ..... greatest regard.

pics will follow......

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, the Widow and the Bumblebee are two separate cars, at least for now? Or my reason for asking question, the Widow isn't the one you had trouble with, right?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, the Widow and the Bumblebee are two separate cars, at least for now? Or my reason for asking question, the Widow isn't the one you had trouble with, right?

Bumblebee is the new skeleton for the Widow ... more on that soon ..... here are the pics of the burgandy 87 GT I acquired

more details and RPOs soon

Danyel

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which one had problems?

Very fleshy skeleton. Congrats on the purchase.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2014 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just so ya dont have to look it up, man...

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Which one had problems?

Very fleshy skeleton. Congrats on the purchase.

The Widow is a Quebec car.... and you will see how rotted it really is.... at first we wanted a car for the wife but now with retirement coming in a couple of years we want a "Special Fiero GT" You will see in a couple of days a thread appear on its Frame Up reConstruction and a modified body line... SOON IN A FIERO FORUM NEAR YOU
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Well for all the people who guessed makes all the way .... YOUR the WINNERS !!!!

Left Simcoe and drove all the way to the OnRoute in Brockville got there at 02:00am hunckered down till 05:30 grab a coffee at headed home...

I'm buying a lottery ticket!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is the CarFax for the 87 GT I bought .... any members here ??

Thanks for the information .......
jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove mine over 500 miles to get it home from New Jersey to Ohio. The PO didn't know enough to use the parking brake for the rear calipers and I had no experience so it was double pump the brake pedal whenever I needed to slow down.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jsmorter:

I drove mine over 500 miles to get it home from New Jersey to Ohio. The PO didn't know enough to use the parking brake for the rear calipers and I had no experience so it was double pump the brake pedal whenever I needed to slow down.

My new GT ran 948km = 589 miles but I NEVER stopped the engine on my rests because I wasn't sure if the battery was recharged... when I bought the batttery at WalMart with Mike the damm thing was nearly dead ... couldn't start the car till Mike boosted me... I wanted to exchange the battery but we it was too late, I got it at store's closing time would of have to wait till morning .... so I headed home never stopping the engine..... This engine ran really well, took NO oil and idled pretty good even with a vacuum leak. It will make someone an EXCELLENT swap in.... the quarters will also be for sale ..... I will make a sale thread for that too..
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove one back from Chicago (289 miles) with no working lights, only the parking brake, and an oil leak. I had to put in several quarts of oil. Quite a mess. Not nearly as far to drive as you, though. I was by myself, because I'd flown up. About halfway back, in the middle of nowhere, it quit running. It didn't sputter or miss. It just quit. It was above 100 degrees F outside. I sat on the side of the road for a bit, then tried it, and it started. Got home, replaced bad ICM. It took me hours of work over several days to get rid of all the oil. Took 2 weeks to find the bad grounds. Took another week to get the brakes working. Took almost 6 months to get all the oil leaks stopped. I should've dropped the engine, but didn't. Spent another year fixing the rust in the trunk, rear fascia, and wheel well areas. During that time, it got all new sensors, a new interior, all new suspension, rubber, lights, and seals. Sold it. Wouldn't mind seeing it again. It was a gold '86 SE with all the options, including the plug in the front for keeping the block warm or whatever.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock