Started on: 08-30-2014 07:39 PM
Replies: 43 (953 views)
Last post by: tshark on 09-11-2014 08:25 AM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Your purchase also resulted in someone buying an 85 GT without a wing. That car may also now be a dealer "option delete"? I'm not sure if you could factory option delete a wing on an 85 GT?

Yes... The wing was an option on all Fieros except the Indy and Formula. All others it was added as an option therefore could be had without it. Even the 85GT the wing was added as an option. There are many 85GTs without a wing... I have one in my back yard I bought from the original owner and I'm pretty sure it came that way from the factory.
IP: Logged
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I consider the engine.
Stock is stock engine, numbers matching or not, no upgrades.
When I ask if a car is stock and they say no, "i got an aftermarket stereo in it" I laugh at them.(and have done)

When it really matters the term is "numbers matching" IE as the car came off the dealership. RPO codes, VINs, etc

And useing the term "option delete" is a fancy way of saying "no it didn't come with A/C" as in a way of trying to hype up thier lower cost car.

"a stock car you are only leasing time on it, it's not yours untill you mod it"

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

And useing the term "option delete" is a fancy way of saying "no it didn't come with A/C" as in a way of trying to hype up thier lower cost car.

If the term "option delete" exists I interpret it differently. To me that means that the car carme with an option and you special ordered it without that option...like a Formula without a spoiler or an Indy without white wheels.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2018).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock