Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Yay or Nay on these rims? What rims do you like best on a fiero?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Yay or Nay on these rims? What rims do you like best on a fiero? by CKlinck
Started on: 08-23-2014 10:17 PM
Replies: 18 (739 views)
Last post by: joeschuit on 08-25-2014 12:56 PM
CKlinck

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKlinckSend a Private Message to CKlinckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 1985 2m4 that will be getting a brand new gloss black paint job soon, so of course I need some nice new wheels to match the look!
After searching for several hours, I have seemed to narrow down my choices to 17" Drag DR-33

Photo Shopped onto a Fiero (This is not mine, but it is similar)

What do you guys think? Yay or Nay for the Fiero?
I will also be adding some bright red brake calipers that will peak out from behind the wheels.

And out of curiosity, what wheels do you personally love the most on a Fiero?

------------------
-Chris

[This message has been edited by CKlinck (edited 08-24-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll give it a thumbs up.

Those rims aren't outrageous and don't have 500 spokes coming out. They would look very sleek but not over the top. Good taste my friend

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

[This message has been edited by zzzhuh (edited 08-23-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CKlinck:

Stock 88GT Honeycomb

Angellightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AngellightningSend a Private Message to AngellightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can dig those wheels, but are you planning on lowering the car?

I'd have to go with the 86-87 lace wheels, or some BBS ones that are reminiscent of the stock lace wheel.
CKlinck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKlinckSend a Private Message to CKlinckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Angellightning:

I can dig those wheels, but are you planning on lowering the car?

I'd have to go with the 86-87 lace wheels, or some BBS ones that are reminiscent of the stock lace wheel.

Glad you like them. I do plan on lowering the car perhaps an inch or two depending on how it looks once I get a look with the wheels on.

I currently have the stock 14" rims on it and they just appear way too small haha. Can not wait for everything to come together. Going fully blacked out

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say YAY, nice rims..
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
post here to get a preview https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html . they should look though, not overdone.
CKlinck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CKlinckSend a Private Message to CKlinckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

post here to get a preview https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html . they should look though, not overdone.

Went ahead and photo shopped them onto a car myself.

This is not my car, but it is pretty much identical to mine

I think it looks quite nice.
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want Enkei EV5's one day.
http://tires.tirerack.com/tires/Enkei%20Ev5
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like those rims, and say go for it.

Keep in mind, you will really need to clean up your rotors, nuts/bolts hoses, suspension ect. (and keep it that way) Painting the calipers would also pretty much be a requirement with those rims
CKlinck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKlinckSend a Private Message to CKlinckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I like those rims, and say go for it.

Keep in mind, you will really need to clean up your rotors, nuts/bolts hoses, suspension ect. (and keep it that way) Painting the calipers would also pretty much be a requirement with those rims

Awesome! Of course I will clean everything up and make it look nice back there. Thinking about lowering it and getting new brake disk and calipers as well. Not just for looks, but also better performance. (And yes those calipers will be painted bright red to give them that pop!)
PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Opinions on rims are subjective, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I really like those, and think they look great on a Fiero.

Jim
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you mentioned that the car wasn't yours because I was going to complement you on your beautiful Formula. Those rims look great. They look a lot easier to clean than my gold honeycomb rims I just detailed today. Used lots of Q-tips.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Opinions on rims are subjective, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

For sure.

Originally posted by CKlinck:

Since you asked...

I'm old-school and don't like black rims. Reminds me of factory black-painted metal wheels that have had the hubcaps/wheel covers removed. (It's what we did as kids before we could afford chrome mags.)

I can tolerate black rims if they at least have a chrome/polished lip to differentiate the rim from the tire.

I prefer 5-spoke chrome/polished rims (gotta be 5-spoke, although 3-spoke will do in pinch), such as I had on my '86 GT in this picture from years ago... and they look even cooler when the car is moving.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-24-2014).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out the earlier pages in my build thread on my Fiero. Link in my signature. I used to have those same wheels (Motegi MR7 ... they are identical).

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm on the same page as Patrick on this one. Not a fan of black wheels, regardless of what color the car is. Also, that flat spoke style of wheels are quite popular with the Honda/Acura ricer guys. First thought I had when I saw your wheels was "Tuner". (sorry ) Your black car will look great with wheels that are silver or aluminum. (whatever style you do choose)
Kit
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black car , CHROME RIMS.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also never liked black rims where they blend with tire but on that photoshop they look good. That style goes fine with Fieros. Go for it if you like them.
joeschuit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joeschuitSend a Private Message to joeschuitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are a 17x7 Enkei RS6. Close in looks to your DR-33. Almost any 17" wheel you chose will make the stock brakes look inadequate.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock