Forum Members by raysr11
Started on: 08-22-2014 01:49 PM
Replies: 8 (394 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-25-2014 09:08 AM
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How can I find members of PFF in a particular state? Once I found the list of all members but I can't remember where.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you cant sort by state because state comes after city.

*edit,
oh nevermind just search location by state abbreviation as fastblack said, no need to "sort" by location.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-25-2014).]

fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Top left hand, search by location, type in state name or abbreviation
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

Top left hand, search by location, type in state name or abbreviation

Yes, as there is no format to have to follow when people sign up, it can be anything.

For instance when I was looking for people from Florida, it could be: "Florida", "FL", "FLA" ect. Also, there is no requirement that people fill the information out when signing up, so about 40% will not be found with a state search at all.

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will pull up anything with your search criteria, for example search by location WA will also pull up milWAukee. At least it will give you some returns, just not all.
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to put down PFF but if you are looking for Fiero members in your state you may try joining one of the many Fiero groups on Facebook. Since people tend to be more active there, you can join a few groups and simply ask for people to post who are in your state and you may get some responses.

Even if you were to be able to search here on the forum by state, remember that there are a great deal of forum members who have joined and may have been active at one point, but maybe are no longer active posters or have moved on from the Fiero hobby. You could also be finding members that may not reside in said state (moved, but never updated PFF info).
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Even if you were to be able to search here on the forum by state, remember that there are a great deal of forum members who have joined and may have been active at one point, but maybe are no longer active posters or have moved on from the Fiero hobby.

I forgot about that! I was looking for email addresses for Florida PFF members to invite to the Daytona Show back in March. I was able to get a lot of the email addresses for Florida members. When I used Mail Monkey, and online emailing service to send out the emails, 86% of them bounced. So that is a good reference that only around 14% of the email addresses that you get are good.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:
Not to put down PFF but if you are looking for Fiero members in your state you may try joining one of the many Fiero groups on Facebook.

Sadly facebook seems to be affecting PFF negatively.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock