Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Kentucky Lake Cruise, September 27 - Mid America Fieros/Southern Indiana Fieros

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Kentucky Lake Cruise, September 27 - Mid America Fieros/Southern Indiana Fieros by fierochic1
Started on: 08-21-2014 02:42 PM
Replies: 25 (517 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 10-01-2014 05:06 PM
fierochic1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochic1Click Here to visit fierochic1's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierochic1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This cruise is in far western Kentucky for those not familiar with Kentucky Lake.

In celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the Pontiac Fiero, Mid America Fieros, along with Southern Indiana Fieros, invites you to join us for our annual Kentucky Lake Cruse, September 27, 2014. This is probably the last of the 30th Anniversary celebrations, since we celebrate in the model year. (Why not keep the excitement going as long as possible?!?)

We will meet on top of Kentucky Dam at the Bike Trail Parking Lot, Gilbertsville, Kentucky, at 10:00 a.m., departing around 10:30. We will travel through areas of Kentucky Lake stopping for chat and photo opportunities, then returning to Grand Rivers for lunch at Patti’s 1880s Settlement. (www.pattis-settlement.com). After lunch we will continue winding our way through the Lakes area, and ending our day with a drive in movie at Calvert Drive In, Calvert City, Kentucky. (www.calvertdrivein.com) Great Burgers available at the drive-in. Admission is $7, but includes a double-feature. This is our 11th Annual Cruise, and we hope to continue the tradition for many years to come. Please come and bring a friend! Your car does not need to be show ready, as this is a stress-free and fun event.

Please RSVP by September 20 if possible. (Everyone is welcome with or without RSVP, but Patti’s will need a head count for lunch). For more information, e-mail Jennifer@midamericafieros.com, or call (not text) **FIERO from your mobile phone. Your call will be returned if you leave a voice mail.

Out-of-Town Participants generally stay in the Calvert City area, but there are several great hotels, restaurants, and shopping in Paducah as well. We are in the process of planning a “meet and greet” with Capitol City Fieros on Friday, September 26, details to be announced. This will also depend on how many RSVPs we get.

STILL DRIVING EXCITEMENT, 30 years later 1984-2014

FOR PHOTOS OF PAST CRUISES LINK TO MY FACEBOOK PAGE - WWW.FIEROCHIC.COM; Club webpage with the announcement is WWW.MIDAMERICAFIEROS.COM

Thanks - hope you all have a wonderful day!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierochic1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochic1Click Here to visit fierochic1's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierochic1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's going to be a good year for our cruise. I've ordered sunshine and comfortable temperatures.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have wanted to attend this event for the last several years.
This is the year! Can't wait to meet some new Fiero friends!

Joe Welch
Capitol City Fieros
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump to the top
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rita and I got our invitation in the mail yesterday. We will be flying back from a vacation in Vegas on the 26th and plan to join everybody on this cruise provided I still have gas money when we get home.

Who has RSVPd so far?

------------------

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to the top!
fierochic1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochic1Click Here to visit fierochic1's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierochic1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far, me, of course, a new couple I've not met yet, 2 from Michigan, Ray (local and with his new 85 GT) you, at least 3 from Louisville/Southern Indiana group, hopefully more, and of course a lot of times I don't get RSVPs until a few days before and I have seen people for the very first time on cruise day. I'm hoping people will respond early because I don't want anyone to miss out on lunch. Several other local folks don't use internet so hopefully I'll hear back from some of them soon, and I've had some inquiries I've responded to but haven't heard for sure. Had a couple from Ohio very interested, but then they had already bought some concert tickets for that weekend.

So I'm going to hope for many more, but I'd say we'll have at least 10 committed. I may have someone else tag along and use one of my other Fieros for the day.

Now, I am debating on whether to send it in to our local news and see if we can get a quick TV spot. They recently covered some Corvettes coming through on their way to the Corvettte museum, and although there are more of them, this IS our 30th anniversary year and it deserves to be acknowledged!!! I want to be assured to have a strong turn out before I do this. Come on, let's make this the best one yet!
fierochic1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochic1Click Here to visit fierochic1's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierochic1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More RSVPs today.
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Send it to Channel 6. Maybe we will get some coverage.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Louisville peoples...
I will be in Louisville the Wednesday before the run to Paducah. Anyone want to do something Wed or Thurs?
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2014 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another bump hoping for more participation and good weather.
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cruise sounds like It would be a good time. Wished I could make it but i'll be out of town. Hopefully there will be a cruise next year
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday morning bump!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18007 posts
Member since May 2004
Saturday morning bump!

Twice!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 09-13-2014).]

fierochic1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochic1Click Here to visit fierochic1's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierochic1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had a few new folks contact me. If the weather cooperates it will be a good year. Restaurant is pushing for a head count and our menu will depend on how large tthe group is. I didn't expect this when I made the plan, but I believe everyone will enjoy it. This is always a good day and we will still have the event rain or shine.
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thursday and just a week away bump...
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, we are just one week away and located almost in the center of the US of A, surely a few more of the surrounding Fiero enthusiast would like to take one last cruise and see a Drive-in movie before the season ends. Yes, I said a Drive-in movie. We have one of the last operating Drive-in left. Come on join us. St Louis, Arkansas, Nashville, Louisville...we are not far away. RSVP to Fierochic/Jennifer.

[This message has been edited by 1MohrFiero (edited 09-20-2014).]

fierochic1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochic1Click Here to visit fierochic1's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierochic1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting a lot more response through Facebook. I believe we are going to have to go a different route than Patti's because they want to limit our choices. Soms of the guys want to find a drive in restaurant or eating outside since the weather is supposed to be perfect! Whatever we do the day will be so much fun. No stress of competition just fun cruise in style
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can hardly wait!
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We could find a Sonic or something and stage a cool picture with the cars.
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hump day, bump day
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Fierochic for putting this weekend together. Nice roads, new friends, great weather, beautiful scenery, even an unexpected car show!.......by all accounts a wonderful weekend! Thanks!
Somebody posts some pics....or it didn't happen!
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe,
I will post some pictures as soon as Comcrap fixes the Internet in my area.
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is one of the group shots by the lake and some shots of individual cars.

1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1MohrFiero

4363 posts
Member since Apr 2003
Ran out of room and missed one! Tregg you get your own post.

------------------

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting up the pictures. It was certainly a beautiful day and a scenic location.
And your silver GT is a really pretty car!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock