Started on: 08-20-2014 06:00 PM
Replies: 9 (272 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 08-21-2014 12:32 PM
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know who's windows these are (I assume they are here?) and what the quality is like?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/86-8...&hash=item1e8f509e75

Thanks,
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
whitestar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whitestarSend a Private Message to whitestarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There have been talk about his windows (both good and bad) I personally don't know anything about them first hand. But here is a thread about them Here
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Compare them to the originals and you might be disappointed they aren't exact in shape, ignore that and they aren't a awful product.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one is producing a GT quarter window that looks like the OEM. The windows depicted in the Ebay ad are Chris Cook's. I believe he's registered here, but seldom posts.

I have a pair of his windows on my Brother's 86. They've been on there about a year and a half without any issues. From what I know about printing acrylic sheeting (30 years experience) and the processes used by 3 or 4 of the GT window vendors, Chris's are printed with the correct ink.

If you are looking for OEM features with all the correct curves and fit, then you'll have to buy OEM NOS windows or go without windows. No one has perfected the windows as of yet.
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have them on my car and really like them, more than the OEM ones, actually (because of the tint).

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris Cooks windows are very good but not exactly the same as the OEM units. The contour is slightly off but the graphics are clear, crisp, original looking and the material holds up well. When installed you will not notice the difference unless you look very closely. In the context of the whole, Chris windows look very nice and most people don't even notice.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the edges "polished" (along the cut)?

As long as they are close with regards to the graphics and a somewhat decent attempt has been made with the curves, I would be ok with that - after all beggars can't be choosy since there really isn't anything 100% OEM on the market. These would just be spares (just in case) - I liked the Fiero Warehouse ones I got a few years ago (installed on the 86 I had), but he is not making them anymore.

Thanks for the replies (and link).

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 08-21-2014).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yellowstone:

I have them on my car and really like them, more than the OEM ones, actually (because of the tint).
I agree, I got the tinted also.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 08-21-2014).]

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not mine, but they do look decent.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris's window edges are polished. Here's some more information in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093822.html

See what happens to windows that have the background sprayed instead of printed, in my post on page 2 of the above thread.

Fierofiberglass aka JimmyS also makes some good alternatives.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock