Apocalyptic Fiero? by BradWirdo
Started on: 08-15-2014 10:10 PM
Replies: 15 (938 views)
Last post by: CarverToo on 08-22-2014 03:36 PM
BradWirdo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BradWirdoSend a Private Message to BradWirdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if you've ever seen Mad Max you'll know what Im talking about. Ive always been interested in making a car battle ready to survive any situation or at least look like it. I was thinking of doing it to some V8 powered muscle car but after looking and not being able to find anything in my price range (since Im somewhat sensible) I figured why couldnt I just do it to my fiero.

Wondering if any of you have ever seen a fiero with a ram bar or anything to make it look "apocalyptic". I did see a fiero on here that was made into a street legal buggy with a guardrail for a front bumper and a spare tire on the back. If anyone has any ideas or think this is an awful idea any input would be great. Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From an older thread on here:
BradWirdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BradWirdoSend a Private Message to BradWirdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats awesome, exactly the one I was talking about behind the RV. Thankyou! I would probably keep all my panels on and not go quite all out as these guys but gives me a good idea of what Im thinking of.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always thought it would be fun to do a James Bond sort of build!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or build a 1:1 scale version of that crazy hotwheels monster fastback with the rocket launcher in the back...
Angellightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AngellightningSend a Private Message to AngellightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had visions of an "apocalyptic" Fiero. Primer gray 85 GT with tan interior, imperfections/battle wounds all over the exterior and interior, powered by a 3.4 turbo.

If I had to choose an apocalyptic muscle car though, it would be Roadkill's General Mayhem.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero has an inherantly weak frame. You can make it LOOK like whatever, but it is the wrong vehicle for this, IMO. Of course, if you replaced the frame with something sturdy, beefed uo the suspension, added plating and 4WD, fixed the brakes, got better wheels on it (and solved the related problems(, and changed the seating position, increased the ride height & underbody clearance, dealt with the low range issues, addressed the issues whereby a few dry leaves can start a fire, fixed the intake issues in high water situations, added weight to the front, rust treated the whole car, added EM shielding, sealed the electronics from moisture, replaced all the 26+-year old parts, fixed the turning raduis, and added power/torque, you'd have something to work with.

Personally, I'd start with either a home frame that was strong and wouldn't rust, then build up from there. I would concentrate on low weight, and shoot for about 2800 pounds when complete. Of course, much of that would be plating and street legal requirements. I'd build in lots of suspension travel. I'd want bucket seats and a good view of the road. I'd want a range of about 400 miles, about 20 MPG, a top speed of about 150 MPH. I'd have good lighting, but no pop-up headlights. I'd arrange for either air cooling or a protected radiator. I'd have some space to move in the cabin. I'd use a simular drivetrain setup to what the H1 Hummer had. I'd give the vehicle a low COG. Just off the top of my head.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Poor Fieros.

You'd end up building something like this Capri:

BradWirdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BradWirdoSend a Private Message to BradWirdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if I was going to build this thing to survive the real apocalypse It would be mounted on a rock crawler frame with a bio diesel engine and plate armor, but I don't have the money or mechanic ability for anything close to that. I just want something with the style of mad max.

Im thinking something like this only without the stupid camber and purple wheels...and not foreign haha.
http://www.stancenation.com...2012/10/DSC08010.jpg
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In that case, the one behind the camper would fit the bill. Or, you could use an El Camino.

Either way, there will be a cost and some mechanical ability required to make this happen. Unless, of course, you buy the one in the picture.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Other inspiration

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-18-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
BradWirdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BradWirdoSend a Private Message to BradWirdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone, definitely the kind of stuff Im talking about. Louvers on the back and a ram bar on the front are some musts. I work as a designer at a vinyl shop and Im trying to decide if I should wrap my car in a cool design or just keep the faded silver paint I already have and add the extras on top of it. I love fieros and have owned at least one ever since I was 16 (had three in the yard at one time until my mother yelled at me haha) and I dont want to soil the good looks of a fiero so its great to see everyones feedback.
CarverToo

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarverTooSend a Private Message to CarverTooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking you'll probably want to get away from rubber, inflatable tires.
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Poor Fieros.

You'd end up building something like this Capri:

why the hell would you go on a trip like that with no spares and no water?
and no extra fuel.
I have been to some of these places.
out there the land is dead flat.
but life is very different, you need to travel at least one hour just to do the shopping.No fast food places
every one eats at home.
Going to Hungry Jacks or Maccas is a once a week or longer

[This message has been edited by proff (edited 08-20-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:
why the hell would you go on a trip like that with no spares and no water?
and no extra fuel.
I have been to some of these places.
out there the land is dead flat.
but life is very different, you need to travel at least one hour just to do the shopping.No fast food places
every one eats at home.
Going to Hungry Jacks or Maccas is a once a week or longer

To make an interesting show?

They had camera crew and chase vehicles, so it's not like they were actually in any real danger.
CarverToo

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarverTooSend a Private Message to CarverTooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the Mall, for your interior:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069990.html

[This message has been edited by CarverToo (edited 08-22-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock