Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone have contact info on Automoda builders...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone have contact info on Automoda builders... by Danyel
Started on: 08-15-2014 01:21 PM
Replies: 18 (582 views)
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 08-19-2014 08:20 AM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for contact information on the designer of the Automoda Convertible roof mechanism.... I am aware of Mr Camillo Scaduto but no contact info exists anywhere exept whois automoda.net. The info is outdated...

thanks for any help contacting anyone from tjis former company
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is some patent info http://www.google.com/patents/US4557502

they used to work out of Carrozzeria Italia restoration shop in Escondido, California but looks like that is long gone.

Good luck in your search.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011
Looks like Dominico (father of Fred? ) passed away in January

http://obits.dignitymemoria...69146368&mid=5820376

Looking at the guest book, Domenico has a son Enza in San Marcos California possibly this guy https://www.linkedin.com/pu...a-scaduto/50/7aa/743

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 08-15-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am also looking for anyone who has one installed or on hand for pics and measurements ... will pay for all the necessary info.

Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 08-15-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you try contacting this guy? https://www.youtube.com/user/elymian/about maybe thru his temple ?

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 08-15-2014).]

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't heard of Camillo Scaduto before, but Onofrio 'Fred' Scaduto was the one I knew of that created and patented the Automoda top...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow
1988 Fiero 4-cyl Coupe - Dad's car, the Indy 'clone'
(soon to be back on the road after a 6 year rest)

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is his linkedin page https://www.linkedin.com/in/fredscaduto looks like he is in Poland.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@mrfred8 & LZeitgeist Thank you for your information ... emails sent to Fred in Poland on his LinkedIn and Youtube accounts.

Will keep you guys posted .... trying to see if he is willing to do business with me

Danyel

CharlieHorse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CharlieHorseSend a Private Message to CharlieHorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Fred" was a nickname. His name was Italian so it was pronounced like "On-OFF-ree-oh Skuduto" or Fred for us Americans. I have an Italian friend that might be able to give me the correct spelling if you really wanted to try to track him down.

You know, though, his patent is expired and he obviously has no interest in Fiero tops anymore.. So someone could start making them again. The only difficult part would be doing the roof arch. He had a piece of L angle iron heated and drawn over a die like the pros can only do. In all other ways I think the kit could be produced better today than back then, what with modern CNC and water knives, and frankly his stick welder left something to be desired compared to my little mig.

I'm sorry to hear his dad died. The man was an artist of the old world, and what we'd call a "coach builder". He could build aluminum Ferrari replicas that were perfect. He worked on all kinds of Italian exotics.

Ok, get this: Last I heard of Fred he had moved to Russia. This was a long time ago before Russia was the Russia we know today.

I can give you all the info you need regarding the installation of the top. Measurements etc etc. Its funny, you spend 3/4 of your time fiddling and measuring stuff. Once you've done it once, it gets way easier.

He had a front suspension design that I found very interesting. I lost my photos of the demo unit but if anyone can find the patent I'd love a link. It was capable of allowing body roll without any deflection of the wheel angle, regardless of bumps etc. It used a mobile upper A arm with a cross link, and the cross link was banned in Formula 1 so I dont think it went anywhere. But it'd sure be fun to do some experiments.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@CharlieHorse PM sent thank you
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an automoda top without the cover. just the folding mechanism and the t-tops. The mechanism is pretty heavy. If anyone is going to replicate it. aluminum might be a better material. Best Fiero top ever. Nothing folds down and out of the way like an Automoda.
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I have an automoda top without the cover. just the folding mechanism and the t-tops. The mechanism is pretty heavy. If anyone is going to replicate it. aluminum might be a better material. Best Fiero top ever. Nothing folds down and out of the way like an Automoda.

I will be reproducing these in Aircraft grade aluminium but I am missing some info..... PM sent
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I will be reproducing these in Aircraft grade aluminium .....

Nice. I know this will be a good product if you're doing it, Danyel .

I wonder how hard it would be to just make the center sections into a targa conversion ? Seems like it would be less work ...

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 08-18-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:
Nice. I know this will be a good product if you're doing it, Danyel .
I wonder how hard it would be to just make the center sections into a targa conversion ? Seems like it would be less work ...

As you probably know the Automoda Targa center sections had some design flaws.... these flaws became apparent when it rained . My engineer and I are looking to bring this kit to a whole new level. The hoops and assemblies will be out of 6061T6 Aluminium if our test are conclusive. We are presently in the process of measurements and retracting mechanism. I really appreciate getting a helping hand from some Automoda Top owners .... more to come Iwill be starting a thread on this kits soon. Thanks for any pics, schematics that you can send me .....
regards
Danyel

Angellightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AngellightningSend a Private Message to AngellightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to this. The Automoda convertible is my favorite Fiero convertible.

[This message has been edited by Angellightning (edited 08-18-2014).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SEARCHed for automoda and found these:

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by Danyel:

As you probably know the Automoda Targa center sections had some design flaws.... these flaws became apparent when it rained .

Nope, didn't know that but you could "engineer" some of that problem away with a single center piece targa

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 08-19-2014).]

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Nope, didn't know that but you could "engineer" some of that problem away with a single center piece targa

...and store it where?

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow
1988 Fiero 4-cyl Coupe - Dad's car, the Indy 'clone'
(soon to be back on the road after a 6 year rest)

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

...and store it where?

Luggage Rack-Equipped Deck Lid? (j/k).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock