House robbed, need assistance in the Hunsville, AL area by Russ88TTop
Started on: 08-09-2014 12:27 PM
Replies: 12 (522 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 08-12-2014 02:41 PM
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our house was broke into and we were robbed and the house ransacked. Electronics, cash, Jewelry and the Fiero items I had from the 30th were part of the robbery. I didn’t expect to see any of those items again, however my wife believes she found her Wedding Ring set on Craigslist in the Huntsville Alabama area, we live in Indiana
I need some assistance in obtaining those for her. If your in that area and can help, PM me with your phone number or I’ll give you my phone number so we can discuss it
Thanks
Russ
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lunatic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm so sorry to hear of this bad news. It's hard to believe that stuff like this still happens. Thieving bastards! I hope misfortune falls upon them. Sorry I cannot offer assistance but I feel your pain. I hope you find your valuables.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact the Huntsville police IMMEDIATELY. 256-722-7100. They can trace the add, and offer assistance. Also, just incase it is pulled, in your browser, go to the file pull-down, and select save as to save a local copy of the Craigslist add.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Insurance? Do you have it?
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John - Thanks, but local Sherrif already said without special markings or engraving, cannot prove it's hers ( which I already knew ), and I think they already contacted them, so that won't work, and I have it saved, thanks for the info
Insurance - they replaced the electronics and replaced the door that was kicked in and some other damage, it's now a steel door and I've installed a security system, rest of insurance is not worth anything, her ring was scheduled on my last policy, but was missed on the new policy when I changed companies a few years ago. So the loss of over $6000 will result in a check of $900 after a $500 deductable
Insurance remindes me of last year when we flooded and FEMA ( Flood insurance ) paid us $20000 against over $50000 in damage from the flood
Russ
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ. So sorry to hear that some mutant robbed your home. I hope that they catch the bastard. While it might be good advise too late, consider ADT alarm monitoring. They can provide an alarm monitoring system with motion detectors, door switches a phone connection and a wireless cell radio that operates with a battery back up system. Its also good to have a second back up alarm as redundancy is always beneficial and video surveillance equipment with night vision capability.
As for proving the ring stolen was your wife's, all you need is a clear picture showing her wearing it. Sadly most of us do not have that.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm another person that can't help, but sorry for your loss.

Of course, we'll all be on the lookout for anything from the 30th. Really only valuable to Fiero people. So, when anything suspicious comes up, we can get back to you. You're a known entity here, and anyone with the 30th stuff should be able to prove how they got it.

As for the police, they are useless, as always. If someone has a $6,000 ring, they have a record of it. Probably diamonds in it. Diamonds are unique and traceable. Any wording inside the ring? (Not that they wouldn't remove this.)
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ88TTop:
however my wife believes she found her Wedding Ring set on Craigslist in the Huntsville Alabama area

Links?

How far is the difference between Huntsville & you?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for your loss. Just be glad you don't live on the Texas Gulf coast. Insurance sucks so bad here that private companies don't even offer it. Not talking about a Galveston beach house but 60 miles inland Allstate won't cover windstorm so we are forced to buy it from the State of Texas. And like all government services it's overpriced.

Anyway best to photograph everything you have of value. By the way those diamonds can't be sold for 10% of what you paid for them,due to the DeBeers markup. In other words you paid about 1000% the true value of what diamonds really cost. I have one in my safe I can't sell for 10% of what I paid for it. You would be better off re-buying them off Craigslist.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watch EBay too for Fiero items.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am traveling to Huntsville, AL this afternoon and my email address is hnt one hundred (numerals)at aol dot com if you want to contact me.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear. Thats weird they would steal Fiero 30th stuff too?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry this happened to you.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock