Started on: 08-08-2014 06:34 PM
Replies: 29 (1707 views)
Last post by: pdemondo on 04-21-2015 08:07 PM
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had some clutch line connectors made for the F23/F40 transmissions. These have the proper thread and taper to accept the stock Fiero clutch hard line and the other end fits into the bleeder assembly used on the F23 and F40. Unfortunately, I do not have any manual Fieros here that still have the stock Fiero clutch line.

I am looking for 2 people to test these. Ideally the testers will be one person with the F23 and one with the F40. To get the needed info from the test, there are some parameters that the testers must be able to comply with:

• Fiero must have stock Fiero clutch line - I think the stock hardline will have to be bent slightly to extend far enough to the transmission and need a stock setup to verify.
• Fiero cannot have previously installed Thelin's adapter - its flare fitting is wrong, using it severely distorts the taper on the Fiero clutch line and it will leak if installed with my connector.
• The transmission swap must be complete and the car drivable for testing.
• The install/testing must happen within 2 weeks of receiving the connector.
• Must be able to take pictures of the connector installed and emailed to me. I am looking for the routing of the clutch line and any bending of the hard line or mounting tab relocation needed to make the connection. This will vary some depending on transmission elevation and placement side to side.

For your efforts, you get one of these connectors shipped to at no cost and you get to keep it.

So if you have a F23 or F40 swapped Fiero and can comply with the test parameters, please let me know.

Once these are tested/verified, I will start selling them. I have 15 on hands right now and its about 1 month lead time with the machine shop.
Price will be $45 shipped to US and Canada.

Here are some pics:

------------------
Products: 88 13" Brake Kit, 88 12" Brake Kit, 88 Lateral Link Relocation, 84-87 Machined Front Hubs, Custom Machining
Engine Swaps:
LS4/F40, HSR/SBC/F23, Pro-Flo/383/Getrag, 4.3CPI/4T60, Ramjet SBC/Getrag, 4.9/Isuzu, Carb SBC/Isuzu, 4.5/Isuzu

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 08-08-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can put me down for one after the test are conclusive ....
regards
Danyel

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am using the stainless steel replacement line from the fiero store .Presently my fiero slave operates a cavalier master that has been bolted to it .This setup works very well but it would be nice to run direct to the HTOB .You can see my setup in my thread in the construction zone "ecotec swap ". Gladly test this for you if you want me to .
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The O-rings are in... so these are ready to ship to the testers... just need some people who can test this...

If I can't find someone, I will buy a clutch line repair kit and swap out my modified clutch line and brazed fitting for one of the new ones. This will verify they are leak free, but will not verify the stock hard line routing and if there are any tweaks needed.

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you build me brackets for an f23 mount / shifter, ill test it :P

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

if you build me brackets for an f23 mount / shifter, ill test it :P

I already built a F23 shifter bracket and tested it... just never put it into production!

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I already built a F23 shifter bracket and tested it... just never put it into production!

Wait what? The only reason I didn't go with an F23 was because of lack of bolt on modifications..... If you ever want to make and sell that linkage, I'll buy one if I can afford it!

-Mitch
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mitchjl22

1144 posts
Member since Sep 2011
Originally posted by mitchjl22:

Wait what? The only reason I didn't go with an F23 was because of lack of bolt on modifications (EDIT: and because as you stated, the thlein adapter has the wrong fitting)..... If you ever want to make and sell that linkage, I'll buy one if I can afford it!

-Mitch

Sorry, meant to hit edit, not quote...

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 08-31-2014).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have more than enough other products under development and no F23 on hand, so I will not be making any other parts for the F23 (besides this HTOB connector) for quite some time.

Anyone else out there that could test this HTOB connector?
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wait what? The only reason I didn't go with an F23 was because of lack of bolt on modifications (EDIT: and because as you stated, the thlein adapter has the wrong fitting)..... If you ever want to make and sell that linkage, I'll buy one if I can afford it!

-Mitch

Sorry, meant to hit edit, not quote...

X2 :/ the F40 is a much more expensive swap then the 23.
PFF
System Bot
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm picking my car up on thursday and can test it, I need to install a new clutch/HTOB, and plan to start pretty much as soon as I have the car in hand. it would be an F23 application.

PM me with details.

Edit, just re read the first post, while I could test it, my car will need to be tuned before I can put miles on it to show proof of concept.

[This message has been edited by ericjon262 (edited 09-02-2014).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was unable to find someone to test this part for me, so I have decided to test myself.

The first step was to check it with 120 psi air pressure and it was leak free.

The next step is to cut the clutch line in my car off because it is a 1/4 inverted flare, which is not stock, and is not compatible with this part. Then I will install Rodney's clutch line repair section to restore my clutch line to the OEM connection and install the new clutch line connector.

I am planning to do the clutch line install on Tuesday evening of this week. I would like to drive the car daily for about 3 weeks to confirm its function before I offer these for purchase.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new clutch line connector is installed and working like it should. After I bled the clutch hydraulics I took it for a 15 mile cruise through the country and then stopped and idled with the clutch depressed for 5 solid minutes. No leaks or signs of leaking. I will continue to drive the car daily and if everything works like it should for the next 3 week, then they will officially be available for purchase.

ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hows it working?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still working fine.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Guru
I lost the part number for the part that your line connector connects to .... the part that inserts into the tranny and your adapter goes into..... thanks for the info...... must be a memory lost on my part grrrr.
Danyel
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Hello Guru
I lost the part number for the part that your line connector connects to .... the part that inserts into the tranny and your adapter goes into..... thanks for the info...... must be a memory lost on my part grrrr.
Danyel

The bleeder assembly isn't sold individually anywhere except the junk yard. The cheapest method I have found to buy it is: Dorman CM640069 Clutch Master Cylinder
At amazon.com it is $47.11
http://www.amazon.com/Dorma...utch+Master+Cylinder

It will come with everything shown below. Just unclip the bleeder assembly and toss the rest of it.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 10-03-2014).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry i never got back to you about testing but I took the car off the road early this year and i would not have done much of a test .When you get them ready to sell I am going to buy one .
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are now available for purchase. I will post a thread in the mall sometime this weekend.
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I'm in for one. Any idea where I can get the large clip that holds the black adapter to the trans?
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2014 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:
Cool, I'm in for one. Any idea where I can get the large clip that holds the black adapter to the trans?

It comes installed in the slave cylinder, at least on the F40.
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

It comes installed in the slave cylinder, at least on the F40.

came with my F23 slave as well.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry i was referring to the bleeder. This clip:

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

Sorry i was referring to the bleeder. This clip:

Yes. The thing the bleeder plugs into is the slave cylinder. That clip comes installed on a new slave cylinder. I don't know where to buy one separate from the slave.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and don't lose the little silver U shaped clip that comes on the end of the HTOB (it holds the bleeder valve to the HTOB). My F40 arrived at my house without the clip, almost had to buy a whole HTOB just to get that damn clip. (im sure there's a source for them, but I could not find one).

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 10-18-2014).]

pdemondo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pdemondoSend a Private Message to pdemondoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The F23 and F40 bleeder valve are the same, therefore I can buy the F23 master cylinder and pull the bleeder off of that one to use with the F40?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pdemondo:

The F23 and F40 bleeder valve are the same, therefore I can buy the F23 master cylinder and pull the bleeder off of that one to use with the F40?

Yes.
pdemondo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pdemondoSend a Private Message to pdemondoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Yes.

That saves a few dollars. THANK YOU!!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock