Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  A little expensive but a nice looking 84 for sale (not mine)...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
A little expensive but a nice looking 84 for sale (not mine)... by ltlfrari
Started on: 08-04-2014 02:37 PM
Replies: 6 (200 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 08-07-2014 01:25 PM
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

http://greensboro.craigslis.../cto/4601745866.html

I like the posters sense of humor,

"Due to the spam on here, please put "Firehazard" in the subject and I will respond as soon as possible"

If its real and not just some joker who saw one at a meet some where. Nice story as well, I almost bought one that way when I was at GM but knew better than to buy a first year model anything.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Fiero is only worth what a buyer will pay for it. My experience has shown that amount is not much!
It appears that many (or possibly the majority) of Fiero owners seem to be interested in improving the car to what they envision should have been GM's original intent when the car made its debut. Hence what later resulted was a poor mans custom/hot rod/racer group of enthusiasts that appreciated the timeless look and sports car flair.
The 84 being sold in the referenced ad, is by the owners own admission an all original preservation car. While there are only small amount of original examples left, the Fiero doesn't seem to attract true collectors. The AACA collector seems to be interested in the big bucks 57 Chevys, old Corvettes, the 60's/70's muscle cars, and the classics. Very few Fiero owners fall into this group and I'd be surprised if this Fiero sells for $6 grand.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That does look like a time capsule car but I agree that he probably won't get $6k, I would guess maybe $4k. Might be easier to sell to an enthusiast if it was a 4 speed car.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last photo looks like there was a car show.... & the Fiero wasn't invited.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah it does look kind of lonely (:
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is an 80s time capsule!
1984 Pontiac Fiero SE, 4 cylinder, auto, sunroof, factory air, all original 66137 MILES!
This is an orginal paint other than the front bumper cover and right fender (both painted when it was 6 months old) survivor.
Must see, all types of paperwork included, window sticker, service manual, invoice to purchase as a GM employee, etc....
My father bought it new. Ordered in October of 1983, delivered in January 1984. 30 years in the same family!
It is a true preservation auto. It still has original belts and hoses. Interior is all original and beautiful.
Headlights go up and down like they should!
This car is all about preservation, not restoration.

Take it to car shows, put it on display, whatever you want!

The AC was converted to R134 in the late 90s, it has some type of restriction, so I do not use the air.
It has had all of the campaigns done for the oil leaks, but it still leaks some oil.
Just letting everyone know that it is a 30 year old GM car, so it is not without it's sins.

I hate to sell it, but I do not have time to drive it. It needs to be with a collector that will treat it like the time capsule it is.

Due to the spam on here, please put "Firehazard" in the subject and I will respond as soon as possible.

As long as it is posted, it is available.

Key words: barn find, one owner, collector, vintage, unrestored, mid engine, not a Porsche, not a Corvette, cheap sports car, Poncho, not a Firebird, 1984 Fiero, 1985 Fiero, 1986 Fiero, 1987 Fiero, 1988 Fiero, garage kept, all original.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock