restoration help please. by dynarider68
Started on: 08-03-2014 07:36 PM
Replies: 3 (184 views)
Last post by: Bloozberry on 08-04-2014 09:28 PM
dynarider68

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dynarider68Send a Private Message to dynarider68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need help finding a good person to restore my wifes 1985 Fiero. She has owned it since 1990. She is wanting to have
it restored and we need help finding someone. The car is complete with no body damage and has about 95,000
miles on it. It needs a complete restoration as the car has been sitting since 1994. Car ran when they parked it but
hasn't been started since. To this day she has dreams about the car and is very passionate about it. Any information,
contacts or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Troy
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dynarider68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dynarider68Send a Private Message to dynarider68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone got any info?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best place would be TXOPIE 's shop he's a member on here and his work is the best ... would not expect less from him ...

http://www.fierofantasyconc...purest-edition/c1irm

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 08-04-2014).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I'm too far away to help you, I can offer you some of my experience from a relatively recent complete restoration of an 86 GT.

First off, the word "restoration" means different things to different people. Here are the things it meant to me:

Body-off panel painting ($5K);
Frame rust repairs and re-paint;
Engine disassembly and overhaul ($2K);
New brake hardware (pads, rotors, flexible and solid hydraulic lines;
New shocks & struts;
New suspension bushings, cradle bushings, tie rods, and ball joints front and rear;
New tires;
New clutch;
Refaced flywheel;
Rebuilt steering rack;
New shifter cables;
New door glass and windshield;
New clutch slave cylinder; and
New fasteners (most suspension and engine mounting bolts are seized and get ruined taking them off)

All of this cost $12K with me doing all of the work except the machining of the engine components and repainting the body panels. Figure out what parts and labor you know you won't need and adjust the cost downward by an appropriate amount (you can find the current costs for parts at The Fiero Store), then take that figure and double it if you're getting someone else to do the work for you. Bear in mind that well-restored cars are only fetching around $6K or so, so if you're still interested in a complete restoration, then consider posting your budget for the car and you might get a bite or two. Just be careful to screen any potential rebuilders... there have been a few in the last couple years that have disappeared with the money. Good luck.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock