Help me decide what to do with my car since I want a new one by huracan2015
Started on: 07-29-2014 11:51 PM
Replies: 4 (218 views)
Last post by: FieroDan86 on 07-30-2014 06:27 PM
huracan2015

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright guys, so my first car is my '87 Fiero GT that I saw 7 years ago, then bought for $2200 last year after I finally found out who owned it. I've told myself I'd never sell it, and I don't think I ever will. Unfortunately, this bright orange Fiero in my area has finally gone up for sale as well, for $3500, and it has the 3800SC swap along with tons of other mods. I think this is the only time I'll ever consider selling my car, except for the fact that many of you know I have a transmission problem. It is still driveable, and have put 3k miles on it since it went bad, but I'm sure 99% of people won't want my car. I also know that even though I've put another $2k worth of work into it cosmetically, I won't get anywheres near $3500.

I guess my question here is what could I get out of my car if I parted it out, since I'm sure it would give me more money that way. Then I don't have to deal with the pain of seeing someone else own my first car as well. I may be able to get a loan from my grandpa if he knows I have a source of money to pay him back with.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh and if there is anyone out there who wants the whole car for $3500, I'll sell it instantly. I'll send pics if interested. You don't believe how hard that was for me to type but sometimes when a deal comes across you, in my case I just can't pass it up.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blue GTs are hard to find if you want one.....you may get more for it than you might expect if you are not in a hurry.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was also going to say that if the car in your avatar is yours and it's "factory" blue it may be worth more than you think. Gonna have to sell it to a Fiero enthusiast though, not just some guy on Craigslist, he isn't gonna care if it's blue.

On the other hand, Fiero enthusiasts are usually cheap a$$es and will low ball the crap out of you
FieroDan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDan86Send a Private Message to FieroDan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm assuming you need to sell your original car first to get the money for the second car? What happens if you sell your car and the second one is already gone? Maybe you could convince your grandfather to give you the loan so you can get the second car while you fix the tranny problem on the first car and then sell it to repay him.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock