Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  anyone near flint mi have a sc3800 swap?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
anyone near flint mi have a sc3800 swap? by atcrider1
Started on: 07-29-2014 06:02 PM
Replies: 12 (294 views)
Last post by: darkhorizon on 08-03-2014 12:13 PM
atcrider1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atcrider1Send a Private Message to atcrider1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for someone who lives near flint Michigan, that has done a 3800 swap to their car. I'm gathering parts to do my swap and would just like to meet someone and talk about doin the swap and ask a few.. or a lot of questions haha. I'd also like to look at a 3800 swap car in person.

Thanks a lot. Hopefully I can meet some of you guys

Cody
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should have NO problem......just keep an eye on this thread.....
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

You should have NO problem......just keep an eye on this thread.....

lol.

Actually there are pretty much no SC fieros left around here anymore...!! Only turbo ones...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forum member MadMark is in Owosso.....

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-29-2014).]

atcrider1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atcrider1Send a Private Message to atcrider1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SC or not I'd like to meet up with anyone with a 3.8 lol. I was hoping you would reply darkhorizon lol my brother actually tailed with you over the winter about working this ecm over to remove the vats system and the 2nd o2 sensor. You're turbo car is running a 3.4 correct? Is the swap basically the same as the 3.8? If you could pm me or even text me that would be greatly appreciated. If anything I'd just love to see your car haha I hear stories about it from a few friends
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Joe said, I live in Owosso. May be a time to get together so you can look at a 3800SCIII swap. Can give you a ride also so you can feel the difference.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Mark!
atcrider1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atcrider1Send a Private Message to atcrider1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SC or not I'd like to meet up with anyone with a 3.8 lol. I was hoping you would reply darkhorizon lol my brother actually tailed with you over the winter about working this ecm over to remove the vats system and the 2nd o2 sensor. You're turbo car is running a 3.4 correct? Is the swap basically the same as the 3.8? If you could pm me or even text me that would be greatly appreciated. If anything I'd just love to see your car haha I hear stories about it from a few friends
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only swap 3800s...

I may have my fiero out soon... its a 3800 with a big turbo. Its not very street friendly at the time cooling wise but ill try to get some miles on it.

Justin has his turbo manual 3800 fiero around often.
atcrider1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atcrider1Send a Private Message to atcrider1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I only swap 3800s...

I may have my fiero out soon... its a 3800 with a big turbo. Its not very street friendly at the time cooling wise but ill try to get some miles on it.

Justin has his turbo manual 3800 fiero around often.

Right on like I said I've only heard stories lol one of these days when you're free I'd like to speak with you about 3800 swaps

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to try and make it to lapeer dragway tomorrow morning.
PFF
System Bot
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DarkHorizon,

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but how'd you do at Lapeer? Also just curious, when you're building a turbo, do you start with the SC3800, or take an NA3800 and swap parts on as needed?

I'm still years away from having some disposable cash to do a swap but kinda curious the cost of 300ish HP in doing SC versus turbo.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pHoOl:

DarkHorizon,

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but how'd you do at Lapeer? Also just curious, when you're building a turbo, do you start with the SC3800, or take an NA3800 and swap parts on as needed?

I'm still years away from having some disposable cash to do a swap but kinda curious the cost of 300ish HP in doing SC versus turbo.

Good. I dont mess with those guys out there so I just run 1/8 mile. They have some pretty standard but enforced safety rules I refuse to follow, but they dont mind if I keep it slower than 11.5 in the 1/4. I ended up breaking my nitrous solenoid so I just made a bunch of easy low low boost passes at 110mph in the 1/8th mile. I'll push it hard in the 1/4 mile in a few weekends when i have the nitrous and the ability to make full 1/4 runs.

Doing the turbo setup you can do a L36 lower and just boost it, but at 500whp it starts to SLOWLY fall apart. We have tested the L67s up over 600whp to hold together for extreme road racing type abuse. If you are going to make big power then get a L67 and swap on whatever top end parts you want... You can run a gutted blower housing if you want but its not "ideal" I guess.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock