Mecum sale by Csjag
Started on: 07-24-2014 02:10 PM
Replies: 12 (425 views)
Last post by: BrittB on 07-27-2014 05:18 PM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 88 GT just sold at Mecums for $16,250
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
geez..... I guess someone wanted it

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, stock?
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, stock T-top with 8100 original miles.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. I've got a stock 88GT T-Top with leather and 25,700 miles. Wonder what mine's worth?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After Mecum gets it's cut, probably $8,000.
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pleaseeee at least tell me it was a stick xD

Just for a frame of reference, how much would that car have sold for new? I know my loaded '84 was about $11,000 or $12,000 when it was bought in in January of 84.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know recently a 88 GT with 13,000 miles going for $17K.

The values are starting to show in the high feature 88 models and also in the prime condition models.

It is supply and demand that is working for us if you have a low mileage car or one with absolutely no rust or wear and tear. So many of the cars left have rust or have been rebuilt to the point buyers are not always sure of what they are getting over a stock car that they do know.

Watch for rare options and desirable features to really become important. I expect T tops from Pontiac or the earlier dealer installed tops will both add a premium to the car.

I would say that if you want a low mileage V6 Fiero no matter what they year you had better buy it in the next couple years or you will be priced out.

Restoring one properly will nearly become impossible too as the NOS parts are getting harder to find and more expensive.. This is why I just popped for a set of NOS valve covers.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also saw a 63 Corvette sell for $23k. The car had been severely customized and not in a good way IMO. I have seen the stock ones always sell for at least $40k and sometimes $100k
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Csjag

3170 posts
Member since Dec 2013
I think we will reach a point in the not too distant future where any GT in decent condition will sell for $7 to $10k
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on this information my black 88 T-Top Fiero GT with 33K miles should be worth at least $13,000 in Canada. I would consider $12,000 USD if anyone is looking for a very nice stock CJB T-Top Fiero GT.

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/r...cID=19&frnID=7498857
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would not say any GT as I have seen a lot of real nasty ones that I would not give you $1000K for because of rust and abuse.

A low mileage car is not all that uncommon with the Fiero as so many people back in the day parked them expecting to get rich. In the last few years we have been seeing more and more of these come out of hiding.

These low mileage cars will always command the top dollar as it will be more and more difficult to resort a Fiero to stock condition. Until Rodney reproduces a lot more parts the lack of NOS parts will be a major issue.

As for 63 Vettes a top split window depending on the options is $75K-100K but a hacked up one can bring a very low price. To restore them back properly can often cost more than even the high value.

Anymore it is better to find a restored car and buy it as too often the guy who had it restored spent a lot more than what you will pay for it. Even doing most of the work just in parts alone most cars can rack up a big price. The key is documentation of the restoration is important. Too many restorations are hack jobs and many get burned.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the values will follow other GM odd balls like the Corvair for example. Corvair lovers go crazy for them but they still don't command the higher prices seen by other models unless it's a turbo Spider model or a Yenko.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock