Finally...Mr. Mikes! by kriswinner
Started on: 07-23-2014 10:10 PM
Replies: 11 (651 views)
Last post by: Old Lar on 07-27-2014 03:56 PM
kriswinner

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My bank account typically won the argument whether I should purchase Mr Mike's seats for my 88 Formula.
Well, fiscal responsibility be damned!

Here are the old seats. This picture actually makes them look much nicer than they are.
The previous owner was a big fan of the cigarette burn. I am not.

And now after.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice formula man, auto or manual? I can understand why you would want to switch the seat's, especially if you've got black holes burnt through the cloth .

I love the way Mr.Mike's seats look but im just not a fan of leather. It get's boiling hot in the summer and then absolutely freezing in the winter here in Colorado. I have a 91 Cadillac FWD with nothing but leather on the interior and it hasn't been taken care of, so naturally it looks like the leather is very dry. I have the same center console from TLG that you have, and once a month I take some leather care and clean it up and then shine it up to keep it from drying out.

[This message has been edited by zzzhuh (edited 07-23-2014).]

kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Manual.
Nothing too extreme done to it other than the 3.4PR swap.

My main focus was making it reliable enough to be a daily driver. Lots of junk yard trips, parts from Rodney Dickman, etc. I'd drive it anywhere now.

Mr. Mike's makes cloth seats now.
Might be something you'd be interested in...

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. I want leather seats, too, but have many things other than my bank account to consider:
1. My current cloth seats are in perfect condition
2. My headliner is just starting to sag
3. My center console isn't ready yet
4. My rear panel isn't ready yet
5. I have other things to do first, like new tires, low-profile headlights, removing the old alarm, rebuilding headlight motors, etc.
6. When I do replace the seat covers, I will replace the carpet, headliner, the rusty pieces behind and under the center console, and the rear panel as well.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah... nothing better than Mr. Mikes seats!

Leather is what I like. The cold doesn't bother me, as that is what heated seats are for
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have speaker seats in your Formula?
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look great, were they very hard to install?
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kriswinner:

Manual.
Nothing too extreme done to it other than the 3.4PR swap.

My main focus was making it reliable enough to be a daily driver. Lots of junk yard trips, parts from Rodney Dickman, etc. I'd drive it anywhere now.

Mr. Mike's makes cloth seats now.
Might be something you'd be interested in...

Very nice! I want to do a 3.4PR swap but I heard it's not worth the money if my 2.8 is in perfect working order. Does the 3.4 get the same gas mileage as the 2.8? Is it possible to get around 200HP out of the engine?

It's funny, right after I wrote my last post I checked on the website and saw the new cloth seats. Mr.Mike's is able to read my mind
kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

You have speaker seats in your Formula?

Not originally, but I'm adding them now. The Clearwater units that are discussed elsewhere in this forum. They no longer make the Fiero specific variation, but I didn't have the wiring anyway.
The Clearwater speakers come with a harness from a Miata that I will be adapting.

Originally posted by Csjag:

They look great, were they very hard to install?

I wouldn't call it hard...I would call it time consuming.
I've never done this sort of work and I'm very detailed oriented once I start tearing something apart.
The first seat took about 6 hours with some repairs. The second was less than half of that.
Based on what I've read, others are substantially faster than me.
kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And this is with everything installed.

I'm going over to the Plant #17 gathering on Sunday, so I had a little extra motivation to get things done.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I <3 Mike's seats... they look great and smell sooo good too
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

Very nice! I want to do a 3.4PR swap but I heard it's not worth the money if my 2.8 is in perfect working order. Does the 3.4 get the same gas mileage as the 2.8? Is it possible to get around 200HP out of the engine?

It's funny, right after I wrote my last post I checked on the website and saw the new cloth seats. Mr.Mike's is able to read my mind

The 3.4 in my 88 GT gets good mpg, but I have a 4 speed auto. Good mpg is dependent on your right foot. When I had mine on the dyno (the engine was a new crate engine) it only pulled 120 HP at the wheels, but was running 142 mpg in 3rd gear at 5000 rpm. The "fastest" I ever had the car up to was 120+ 3rd gear at 4200rpm and then figured touring tires, old guy driving and stock brakes, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do.

I have a set of Mr. Mikes leather in my 88 GT and Mr. Mikes cloth in my 87 GT. I installed the leather, but had Mr. Mike do the cloth ones.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock