Started on: 07-22-2014 01:26 PM
Replies: 14 (726 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 06-28-2017 11:17 PM
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, is there any value in these old newsletters? I also have some Michigan Fiero Club and Fiero Owner Club mags (not a lot of those).

Just wondering if this is something I should throw out on The Mall. I have to inventory what I have.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2014 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe scan them and post them as threads..
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think they are copyrighted. I believe Matt is still around (not in Fieros though).
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Posted in the Mall.
thanks
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah yes, Fiero News by Matt Gruber, I do remember those. In fact, I remember sending him questions, and he printed them in a few issues. We used to get them mailed to our homes back then. I still have a few bunch of issues packed away.
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a complete collection of every issue of Fiero News.
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a ton of unknown info but still interesting to read what was going on back then.

Not much value as many of them were copied and passed around over the years so many have a set. But if you don't have them it is worth the time and money.

Someone gave me a set of originals years ago and I will read them once in a while for fun.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/news.php

http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/downloads.php

??

I am talking about a printed newsletter called "Fiero News"... created back before the internet (as we know it).

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

??

I am talking about a printed newsletter called "Fiero News"... created back before the internet (as we know it).

Yep I was just guessing the two were related, and maybe some people didnt know there was a website.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-23-2014).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Yep I was just guessing the two were related, and maybe some people didnt know there was a website.

Yeah, this newsletter is back from the 80s
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the Fiero Secrets for d-load but would love to add these if you are willing to send them to me. I can pay for shipping and can return them as well.

http://www.fieronews.net/fu...download_id&sort=ASC

------------------
1984 Corvette
1986 Fiero GT
1992 SVX Ls-L
1998 Ford F150 Super Cab V8 4X4
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews

BoardTrackRacer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2017 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoardTrackRacerSend a Private Message to BoardTrackRacerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an incomplete set of Matt Gruber's WorldWide Fiero Club newsletters, "Fiero News". My set starts w issue no. 1 Aug., 1984 and my last issue is Spring. 1989. Can anyone tell me how many more issues there were beyond that point?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2017 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At one time there were two or three national Fiero Clubs but most turned out to be for profit businesses that benefited the owners. There was the FOCOA, FOA, IFC and a few others that all put out newsletters and/or magazines. Today we still have some good local clubs that publish some great newsletters and enewsletters. .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2017 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Matts news letters.

I also have all the FOCOA news letters.

Nothing new in them for long time owners but much for new people.

There were some other national clubs that were short lived.

The only one that lived long was FOCOA.

While some disagree the only real way to make a National club work well is to run it as a buisness buy someone who owns it. It tends to yield better results and a better product if the want to make any money. Too often open clubs run by a board end with arguments and only a few doing all the work.

The open clubs work better at a local level.

The best Shelby club is privately owned and one of the best clubs in the world. They provide a good product and services.

Even POCI has had their bumps over the years.

Anyways there will always be value in any of these club publications as for reference and documentation. They are not worth much money but the documentation holds value to the community that even the web can lose over time.

It is sad but as good as the web is it still loses a ton of info as web sites go down and much info can be lost.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock