Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What was your most embarrassing Fiero moment (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What was your most embarrassing Fiero moment by wayneman
Started on: 07-22-2014 06:25 AM
Replies: 52 (1860 views)
Last post by: Boogaloo on 07-31-2014 12:19 AM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My '86 SE Fiero quit on the way back from inspection. I pulled over in front of a house. Only about .5 miles from home, so I came back with my wife and my truck. I taught her to drive, so no worries. I should also mention that I've talked her through towing for more that 50 miles before on several different occasions, so this wasn't her first go. I tied up with the tow strap. First problem was finding somewhere to hook the tow strap on the Fiero. Second was that the Fiero cannot be seen behind the truck. Third was that the Fiero felt like it was about under the truck. Fortunately, the Fiero's brakes aren't power, but unfortunately, also.

We went slowly coming home, but picked up a tailgater after the first block. They followed us home, wouldn't pass (we moved to the shoulder & stopped), and it was an SUV, so their headlights made visibility even more difficult. Of course, it was the neighbor that thinks Fieros are fireballs. They stopped to comment while I rolled the Fiero backwards into the driveway. I responded that, if they really believed the Fiero was anything other that a wonderful, safe car with excellent brakes, and no fire danger, they would have followed at a minimum of the proper following distance. Had there been any danger of stopping issues, they would have had no time to react, and would have been on the hook for damages to both vehicles. Also, car fires usually consume all vehicles within 40 feet. I requested that, in the future, they keep their foreign POS away from my beautiful historic vehicle. They've been more...distant since then.

As it turns out, the inspection people had messed with some things, and the battery was shorting out. They had also been smoking in my car, and taken a CD in the player. I took $300 in compensation, provided they also fire that mechanic. They agreed. I stopped by about a month later, that mechanic is back. Long story short, station had inspection license pulled, business operations suspended, 2 people went to jail, owner ran, station was shut down by city.

IP: Logged
wayneman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

I competed in an all GM car show in Colorado. When the Emcee announced the winners, I had won best of show. He requested (over the loudspeaker) that I bring my car up in front of the stage to accept my award. Just as I pulled into the winners circle, a hose to the intercooler pump ruptured and blew about a gallon of coolant all over the place.

OMG
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday I drove my Fiero to our club meeting and had to use the AC (100*+ outside!). I knew it was a little low on Freon because the compressor cycles fairly fast, but it still cools pretty good. On the way home I couldn't figure out why I as sweating until I realized I had the HVAC slider on "HOT"! D'oh! AC works fine (just needs the Freon topped off).

This isn't Fiero related specifically (although it was on a trip to the Fiero Factory when I worked there in 1998), but I was in a 5-speed '89 Honda Civic hatchback and stopped at a rest area to sleep. I parked and folded down the rear seat to stretch out. I was just getting comfy when I felt the sensation of motion. Apparently the e-brake didn't work and I was on an incline.....I wound up rolling down the hill and over a grassy embankment before I could jump in the front seat and hit the brakes. The funny part was nobody noticed! I just started her up and drove back up the hill into my spot (put a big rock behind a rear tire though!).

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by rpro:

I competed in an all GM car show in Colorado. When the Emcee announced the winners, I had won best of show. He requested (over the loudspeaker) that I bring my car up in front of the stage to accept my award. Just as I pulled into the winners circle, a hose to the intercooler pump ruptured and blew about a gallon of coolant all over the place.

That is classic!
Sonny Burnett 21

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was trying to impress to hot chicks looking at me and the car, so I decided to rev the engine. So one girl asked me what kind of car is that, and I said ( with extreme confidence.) A Fiero Gt. She said nice. So the light turned green, And I floored it, the belt squealed for about two blocks.
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah, there was also last year's Indian Uprising where I parked the car and got to demonstrate the jack + donut, due to a botched patch job by a new guy a day or two prior...
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

...fortunately one of the show officials gave me and my wheel a lift to an NTB around the corner, and I drove the car home just fine.

------------------

// jonrevPhotography // jonrevProjects //

[This message has been edited by jonrev (edited 07-28-2014).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Explaining when the car will be on the road...

Bob
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Running out of gas more than once. Also getting in the car like Dukes of Hazard because the door hinges broke!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kriswinner:

In Brighton, Michigan there is a road with a double round-about. Basically, you go from one round-about directly into another (see red line).

Wow, one roundabot is bad, a double roudabout.. dumbest traffic engineering idea ever!
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Backed one of my Fieros into the other one. I only hit the tire of the stationary one, and only slightly scuffed the bumper of the moving one, but it was embarrassing.
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ran out of gas on the Highway.

driving my Mera to work for the 1st time ever and the gauge said 1/8 tank....but the sputter to a stop said otherwise.

1hr late to work pull in the lot and everyone was there to give me the business for being late. but, then I show up in that car.....they were like "WHAT THE HELL!" so it was weird......not sooo much embarrassin' but cool in the end. cuz I left in it after work full tank and a 30 mile commute home!!! PEEEEOWN!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-30-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Oolab1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oolab1Send a Private Message to Oolab1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see my friends at band practice and decided to pull into the parking lot to say hi when they took a break. Now, my e-brake is rusted stiff and so doesn't work anymore, so I always just throw it in gear when I park. As I was turning into the lot I noticed that the whole area had a slight slope to it. No more than 10 degrees. I figure I'll just put it in first as usual. However, as I opened the door to get out, it slipped out of gear and started rolling backwards towards the light pole behind me. I quickly hit the brakes and instead tried using fourth gear. I got out and started walking away when the guy pulling in behind me flashes his lights. That's when I noticed the car had again slipped out of gear and was rolling fairly quickly towards the pole. I managed to hop in and stop it, then reparked it. As I got out to unplug the headlight motors which were now grinding out (why they have a plastic gear and a metal gear together I'll never know, but it was a terrible design), it slipped out of gear a third time and started rolling backwards with the hood still open. I jumped in and slammed on the brakes but the lines were still pressurized (I don't have power brakes and the car hadn't been turned on to relieve the pressure) so they didn't work. By the time I jumped out and pushed it forwards to stop it several of my friends had shown up to watch me struggle. I still haven't lived it down.
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was after this lady but she never gave me the time of day, so finally conne4cted with her and decided to ask her out to dinner, so I picked her up and stopped at the gas station for gas then left for the restaurant in the line of traffic the car stalled and every one started to honk so I had to come out the car and started to push while she steered they honked even more she kicked me to the curb.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock