Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Thief stole $10k of stereo equipt. last night... Thanks for not stealing my Blue GT!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Thief stole $10k of stereo equipt. last night... Thanks for not stealing my Blue GT! by FieroGTguy
Started on: 07-21-2014 09:58 PM
Replies: 18 (561 views)
Last post by: Taijiguy on 07-24-2014 10:29 PM
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cop next door had to move, so not a month later... I was one of 20 other cars broken into around 3am last night. The silver lining is that they actually unplugged harnesses instead of clipping wires, and I had purchased two AVIC-Z3's, so the deck will be an easy install. Now, I just need to replace the amps, Bit One, remote, etc. They even stole my OBD Scanner hidden in the center console. They removed my custom computer cover, and checked it out as it was some sort of amp. Luckily, they left that alone. On top of that, the adjuster denied insuring my car up to $50k because there is no research he'd be able to do in order to cover a total loss. He wasn't sure if it would be a 35k, 75k, or even a 100k claim (exaggeration, most likely). The custom front end with the sub ported into the footwell was in tact. It is a set back, but it gives me a chance to build it better with custom fasteners where they won't be able to do an easy "snatch and grab". Luckily, I went in the car and forgot to lock it. 10-15 cars had their windows broken. It just sucks that it will take funds away from the "Army Memorial" from Keen's car.

Greg

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jonathan2014

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonathan2014Send a Private Message to jonathan2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow sorry to here that. Hope I never have to go through that
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for your loss. The cops won't DO anything to recover your property. They waste your time, asking if your SSN was on each part, but won't even go after the thief if the thief is still in sight--with your parts.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's too bad, I hate thief's!!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is why I have OEM cheap radios or $50 aftermarket ones.
GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had similar thing happen to my Talon TSI when it was parked at a SHOP for getting worked on. Thieves only did minimal damage thankfully. Insurance company was more than willing to give me full replacement value for everything (Even items I bough used). I had lots of pictures (and half the receipts). The were just going to go after the shops insurance anyways.

It was a blessing because that car was nothing but trouble (high miles). I took the cheque for 6500$, sold the car for 2000$... and bought my first fiero the following week :P

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2014 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
check the local pawn shops..
craigs list..

most times these a-h post on f/b with it's gotta be gone today..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 07-22-2014).]

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Projects are never done. It's hard to keep something nice these days. As soon as you complete a dream, you're a target for those that do want to work hard to complete their own goals. Luckily, it won't be that much of a set back. If the whole car was stolen, I'd be devastated.

Greg
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For starters, use these in the future. Order a custom set with driver:
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

For starters, use these in the future. Order a custom set with driver:

Where do I get those? I was looking for those!
tom10122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tom10122Send a Private Message to tom10122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Where do I get those? I was looking for those!

http://www.globalfasteners.com/tamperproof.htm
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They would then just destroy the dash to get it all out.

First thing to check are 'friends'. Police will tell you when specific things like these are stolen, its someone who knows all about your system to start with. I had a 'best friend' riding around with me one nite years ago. He apparently left the vent window unlocked on his side when I went home. He stole my stereo when I went in the house. He was stupid enough to mount it in his own car thinking I wouldnt recognize it. He didnt mount it in the dash, he mounted it in the back and used the remote to work it, im guessing because he thought id never see it.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

They would then just destroy the dash to get it all out.

First thing to check are 'friends'. Police will tell you when specific things like these are stolen, its someone who knows all about your system to start with.

Sadly this is true.
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tom10122:

http://www.globalfasteners.com/tamperproof.htm

I wouldn't use them for the dash, but rather equipt behind the seats mounted to the firewall w/ larger embossed sheets bent in the shape of the amp/EQ using them also to attach the thicker plexi w/ some vent slots. If they were to break the vents out to work their way to an edge to pry... Not only would they make a lot of noise, but damage the units in the process. Having a fiberglass dash would make enough noise that my wife would open the garage door with a shot gun pointed at them.

Since they also broke into 20ish cars, it was a crew that was well organized. They had tools to break windows without making noise. I'm also investing in a theft repellant car cover that has metal lines that lock around the bottom until I sell my quads to make room in the garage. That, and we are still moarning the passing of my father n law. When it rains, it pours.

Greg
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sucks. Get the check and build something bigger with a pager alarm. It happened to me once but the crazy thing is they stole all my stereo stuff and left a bag of **** on the front seat for me. Still dont get that one.

------------------
1984 Corvette
1986 Fiero GT
1992 SVX Ls-L
1998 Ford F150 Super Cab V8 4X4
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Sucks. Get the check and build something bigger with a pager alarm. It happened to me once but the crazy thing is they stole all my stereo stuff and left a bag of **** on the front seat for me. Still dont get that one.

Unfortunately, no check. The adjuster denied insuring it due to "not having another vehicle to confirm the value". Needless to say, I'm changing insurance companies. What BS. Any good recommendations for $50k comp?
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You mean he needs proof you had the equipment in the car?
stickboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickboySend a Private Message to stickboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had this happen years ago to one of my cars. I don't put expensive stereo equipment in anymore....
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a two-way alarm system. If the alarm is triggered, they may be able to disable the horn, but they can't disable the remote on my key chain that goes bonkers when it's triggered.

The last one I had was on my Blazer, and didn't even have a horn, just the key chain remote. I surprised a couple of people; one trying to get in, the other hit my rear bumper and tried to drive off. They were pretty surprised to see me standing there....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock