Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero made the list of cars needed to be revived.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero made the list of cars needed to be revived. by SuperchargedV6
Started on: 07-20-2014 01:30 PM
Replies: 8 (418 views)
Last post by: Rsvl-Rider on 07-21-2014 12:04 AM
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RTingey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTingeySend a Private Message to RTingeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It'd be wonderful to have a new fiero which is why I'm eyeing the alpha 4c, rumor has it that there is no power steering... I think its a modernized fiero.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The irony being, is that elsewhere on Yahoo there is probably an article about the Fiero being on the list of worse cars ever made - illustrated with the exact same picture.

I'd sure like a piece of the royalty action from that picture! Sadly, they're probably using it for free...
PsychoPimpKiller

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoPimpKillerSend a Private Message to PsychoPimpKillerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw this article and was going to post something on here about it. I do agree with a Fiero revival. A DeLorean revival would be awesome too. Although you can buy a "new" made from the old parts and/or a refurbished original one. Still pretty cool either way.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PsychoPimpKiller:

I just saw this article and was going to post something on here about it. I do agree with a Fiero revival. A DeLorean revival would be awesome too. Although you can buy a "new" made from the old parts and/or a refurbished original one. Still pretty cool either way.

http://delorean.com/

http://www.foxnews.com/stor...lding-delorean-cars/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoyb4ueNh2s

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 07-20-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone posted on here recently about a Fiero remanufacturing company that can rebuild your Fiero from the ground up with a choice of different engines and with a two year warranty. They also offered a few different body styles. Can't remember the name of the company but that's probably as close as you will come to a revival of the Fiero.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A modern Fiero with the LNF engine would be a blast. The Corvette is so fast and powerful these days that they could actually make the Fiero right the first time this go-round. With an aluminum chassis and CFRP body panels I'l bet they could make the car under 2800lbs even with all the modern safety requirements. Really, if GM was smart they would remake the Fiero with the turbo 4 banger capable of really high MPG instead of a base model Corvette to meet CAFE requirements. Then just produce the Z06 and ZR1 variants in low volume numbers. They would end up charging $45k for a loaded Fiero probably, but it would still be way cheaper than a Porsche Cayman or that new Alfa Romero and probably faster than both at the track. Could you imagine your Fiero with a 295 HP/320 TQ LNF motor with the brakes, magnetic shocks, and stability control system of the current Corvette?

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 07-21-2014).]

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The link to the poll in the article doesn't seem to work for me.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock