Started on: 07-20-2014 12:29 PM
Replies: 7 (253 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 07-21-2014 10:30 PM
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where were you 45 years ago when Neil was on the moon? I was making ward rounds at Tachikawa AFB in Japan and caught a view on a TV in one of the wards. I didn't have time to consider the impact of the event at that time and where have all those years gone?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prolly in my crib (the baby kind not my multi-million dollar rapper estate).
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was napping....and then was born 3 1/2 weeks later.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah yes July 1969, just graduated from high school and went over to new girl friends house. She wanted to go swimming in the lake that their farm encompassed about 1/2 of and it wasn't a pond. I wanted to watch the landing. So I got to see the landing and then we went swimming . Now that is a girl I should have pursued the relationship farther! Oh well
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Ah yes July 1969, just graduated from high school and went over to new girl friends house. She wanted to go swimming in the lake that their farm encompassed about 1/2 of and it wasn't a pond. I wanted to watch the landing. So I got to see the landing and then we went swimming . Now that is a girl I should have pursued the relationship farther! Oh well

Wow, pretty much the same story here. We were on vacation with her family in rural Poconos and watched the whole thing on a very grainy B&W TV before heading to the lake for a swim.

One difference of note.

I married her.

Didn't end well.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was watching it with Mom & Dad and my brother, on the black & white tv (of course that didn't matter since the picture was black & white), and I was sitting by the window so I could turn my head and look up at the moon during the broadcast.

Woodstock was about six weeks later.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Twelve at the time. Camped out on the new carpeting on living room floor in front of a large window fan. We didn't have an air conditioner at that time. Watched on CBS with Walter Cronkite and Wally Schirra, doing the play by play on the 19" Zenith Color. (Neil's step/leap was in B&W)

My geeky days that I am not sure I ever left. I have a scrapbook collection, Life Magazines, newspaper article on the landing and also the Gemini and Apollo programs.

Jeff
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Wow, pretty much the same story here. We were on vacation with her family in rural Poconos and watched the whole thing on a very grainy B&W TV before heading to the lake for a swim.

One difference of note.

I married her.

Didn't end well.

Been there done that. LOL

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay