Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Similar to a Tyler Shipman car build, but request to make a veteran memorial build...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Similar to a Tyler Shipman car build, but request to make a veteran memorial build... by FieroGTguy
Started on: 07-15-2014 09:58 PM
Replies: 14 (532 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 07-21-2014 08:48 AM
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, I've had some set-backs getting things rolling with the Indy club for a little while. My father-in-law was a vietnam war vet that passed away a couple weeks ago. He was a car enthusiast than always went to the Jame's Dean, Ducktail Run, and many Indiana car shows. I purchased CommanderKeen's car that whodeanie almost caused to get impounded. After the interior and misc. get it ready for paint, I'd like to get a US Army with a cool paint scheme to honor the service men that have given so much to protect our way of life.

I've purchased a PISA wrap around dash, LED cluster, Lambo doors 90% complete, Norm's Hella projector front flipper, Archie side scoops + 350Z rear hatch, whodeanie rear bumper unfortunately damaged by the shipper just under the exhaust tips. I've got the mechanics running well, so most of the work should be interior + Misc. before paint. Like I said, It's not quite a Tyler Shipman project, but I thought we could come together for a service member to complete the vision he would have wanted (while honoring all that have served). It has a new ZZ4 crate 355hp motor w/ TPI + headers. The exhaust would need to be finished cat-back. Someone able to install an AVIC-Z2 Pioneer unit w/ amp/sub would be helpful. I will assist with travel expenses, and cover food/drink/beer/etc.

Anyone in/around central Indiana up for helping with the project? If so, we can set a date a month out to get the car there. Then, maybe have a series of Saturday's to help get the interior and misc parts installed.

Thanks in advance,
Greg McNeely

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RTingey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RTingeySend a Private Message to RTingeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd definitely be interested.but I'm working 60 hour weeks at RRD. I have family in Plainfield that I can visit. I'll let you know when I get some time off, and I'd love to lend a hand.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What would happen to the car when it is finished?
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be a show car to attend all of the shows my father-in-law went to, local festival parades, Midwest Fiero events, Power tour, WOW, smaller local shows, Indy meet + greets, cruises and misc. things (such as parking at our doentown square every Friday or Saturday evening.

Greg
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroGTguy

3087 posts
Member since Mar 2001

Originally posted by RTingey:

I'd definitely be interested.but I'm working 60 hour weeks at RRD. I have family in Plainfield that I can visit. I'll let you know when I get some time off, and I'd love to lend a hand.

A plus rating for ya. I'll post here when the car makes it to Brownsburg. It's at s shop nearby my house to see if they can fix the lamo door and rear bumper fiberglass.

Greg

fiero77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero77Send a Private Message to fiero77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds interesting Greg. I'm a little south of Bloomington and could possibly help out with the audio system at least. I've been doing that as a profession for over 20 years.
Shane

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a suggestion for paint or vinyl wrap It could kind of be ironic since Fieros are plastic paneled.
How about like an old warplane, looks like rivited metal panels, maybe like it was driving so fast its paint burning off or peeling off it.
Maybe the underside of the paint peeling back could be American flag?

A few examples of the style idea:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-17-2014).]

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that Lambo one... I was thinking of a white base coat, a cool flag design incorporated with the Army logo (+ star) and one the top part of the flipper hood... "In memory to all whom have served:" with a list of wars, conflicts and such. If anyone has any other ideas, or has time to play with photoshop, all ideas are welcome!

PS - I could drive to Bloomington when it is ready for a stereo install. That, or cover your travel expense.

Thanks everyone willing to help. It will be going forward for sure, but I hope to have it ready/complete for the next show season.

Greg

------------------

Dspoeth

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DspoethSend a Private Message to DspoethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely interested in helping out and I live in downtown indy so just let me know when and where and I will do my best to make it
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dspoeth:

Definitely interested in helping out and I live in downtown indy so just let me know when and where and I will do my best to make it

Cool, I'll PM those that post interest in assisting with the project as soon as I get the PISA wrap around dash shipped in. Is there anyone experienced with fiberglass repair for a couple small sections of the rear bumper that need to be reformed?

Thanks,
Greg
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put an iconic mural on the trunk too. Like the Vietnam Memorial wall with the reflection of Vietnam soldiers and survivors on the outside.
PFF
System Bot
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Put an iconic mural on the trunk too. Like the Vietnam Memorial wall with the reflection of Vietnam soldiers and survivors on the outside.

It has Archie's rear hatch modification with the 350Z rear window. There is a fiberglass portion covering the trunk. I might try to have an experienced person to airbrush a realistic scene of soldiers raising the flag (from WWII), or ???

It would be cool to have some design on the doors the looks straight when the doors are up, but can't think of anything that would look alright when they are down as well.

Greg

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

It would be cool to have some design on the doors the looks straight when the doors are up, but can't think of anything that would look alright when they are down as well.

Greg

Maybe something similar to the bars that denote rank?

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 07-19-2014).]

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Maybe something similar to the bars that denote rank?

I like that idea. I've made a folder of Army show cars. My goal is for a cool, classy and respectful look. There won't be camo, and I think I've decided on a Black/Yellow scheme with a center back racing stripe going down and under the hood scoop (similar to my blue GT), and have the black/yellow Army logo centered on the hood. I think I'll have minimal airbrush art (just enough to enhance the look). I'll photoshop my ideas when it gets close to making the final decision. I'll be using the top part of the fiberglass that covers the trunk as a special thanks to those whom have helped with the project, and possibly vendors (if they choose to donate items). Together with my blue car, they should be on the cover of Modified/Tuner magazines with a write-up.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

It has Archie's rear hatch modification with the 350Z rear window. There is a fiberglass portion covering the trunk. I might try to have an experienced person to airbrush a realistic scene of soldiers raising the flag (from WWII), or ???

Greg

Could do the flag being raised on the doors, when they are up it could be vertical...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock