Started on: 07-14-2014 09:59 AM
Replies: 20 (289 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 07-18-2014 06:02 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The venue for RFTH 19 has been set in the mountains of North Carolina. The dates are September 19, arrival and socialize. September 20, Run For The Hills, September 21, depart for home.

The host hotel will be in Burnsville, NC, just a short drive north of Asheville. The route includes areas around Banner Elk, Switzerland Inn, Boone, Blowing Rock and many little towns that aren't on the map. Below is a short sampling of one of the roads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yha2vlTbw2w

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-19-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that is far north. Wish I could go.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We based #'s 10 and 15 in Asheville and Burnsville is just a short distance away. It's well worth it. I-95 an I-26 will get you there from Florida.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-19-2014).]

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When is this happening?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've edited my original post for updated information.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I've edited my original post for updated information.

Excellent! I should be able to make this. I remember last year wanting to do this but getting sent to Korea the month before...
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jediperk

588 posts
Member since May 2013
Being that close to Ashville, you guys should swing by Biltmore and get a picture with all the Fiero's in front of the palace.

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 07-16-2014).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like This? RFTH 10. This was only part of nearly 30 who attended.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-16-2014).]

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow! They let you put them right up front. I was thinking on the far side of the front yard, but yeah that was what I had in mind.That was almost 10 years ago. Must be about time to do that again for us newbs!

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 07-16-2014).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was 9 years ago. Their official photographer who has a small photo shop to the right side of the pic also took some pics that they put up on their display or in their brochure. This was done by special arrangement of then-president Ramon Otero. It was early Sunday morning before the grounds were open to the public.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-16-2014).]

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Y'up, that timeline would fit perfectly for RFTH 19 We should try and do that again!
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The price to get in was very high at that time. That in part was why many of the others didn't join us. I think it was $45.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The price to get in was very high at that time. That in part was why many of the others didn't join us. I think it was $45.

Yeah, it's still high. I had an annual membership before I left for Korea, but I'm sure it's expired by now. I'll check in with them when I get back next week and see what we would be up against ($$$). Maybe I can sweet talk them into a group rate or something. I know I get a reduced military rate and once I get my annual pass renewed I can get guests in for a reduced rate if nothing else...
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That pic was taken on Sunday morning. Most were packing up to go home, so the high entry fee wasn't worth it just to take a picture and leave. Some of us got in with the promise that we'd be back out of the same gate before they opened, so we didn't have to pay. I think there were only 2 or 3 couples that stayed for the full day, but they lived here in the Atlanta area, just over 3 hours away.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That pic was taken on Sunday morning. Most were packing up to go home, so the high entry fee wasn't worth it just to take a picture and leave. Some of us got in with the promise that we'd be back out of the same gate before they opened, so we didn't have to pay. I think there were only 2 or 3 couples that stayed for the full day, but they lived here in the Atlanta area, just over 3 hours away.

I'll tell you from experience that it makes no sense to pay the entrance fee just to take a picture. You need to at least spend half a day going through the palace to get your money's worth. But, as you said some people live too far away for that. I'll ask and see if they can accommodate a "just stopping for a group pic" rate. If not, then not. I'm from the "worst they can do is say no" school of thought. Of course, I'm also a big fan of "easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission too" Although, the way they have that place locked down I don't think that's an option in this instance...
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your help. If you can set something up we'd appreciate it. The Biltmore is probably about 40 miles from where we'll stay, but it's likely on the way home for most. If we could get in on a guest pass and check out on the way out at no charge, maybe we could get another front door photo.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was talking with the wife about possibly joining. My car isn't a looker, faded paint, one fender is just primer. Is there any requirements to who can & can't attend?
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Was talking with the wife about possibly joining. My car isn't a looker, faded paint, one fender is just primer. Is there any requirements to who can & can't attend?

You don't need a good looking car to go on the run -- just one that likes twisty roads. And if you happen to get in a group picture, you can always do some Photoshop (or Gimp).
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, this isn't a car show. It's about enjoying the scenery, meeting and enjoying other Fieros and owners, and learning what you and your car are capable of. You just want to be sure all your tires, suspension parts and brakes are in good working order. Losing clutch hydraulics at a critical downshift or a balljoint or tie rod end while in a curve might be disastrous. Everyone drives at a pace that's comfortable for them. It isn't a race.

We've had all manners of vehicles run with us. 'Vettes, Nissan Z's. Eclipses, Toyota Camrys, Firebird Formulas and a Kia Sportage once ran with us on some of these same roads.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

You don't even need a Fiero. I've done RFTH in my Trans Am when the Fiero wasn't road worthy. I've seen a Lotus Elise on the tour, too. It's a cruise on public roads - anyone can go.
Don't worry about how your car looks. This is about driving and enjoying your car, the scenery and fellow Fiero enthusiasts.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
END OF THREAD.

END OF THREAD.

SEE COWSPATOOT'S OFFICIAL RUN FOR THE HILLS THREAD

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094344.html
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors