plant #17 photos and display of FIEROS by paced84
Started on: 07-11-2014 09:32 PM
Replies: 28 (1088 views)
Last post by: ARKaiser on 09-19-2014 10:52 AM
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have received the ok to have Fieros on cement slab and we can take photos at #17 have to give a date to do this. ASAP. Looking at July 27th as a possible date. After July I have to contact new owners. Let me know on forum or PM me ASAP.

Ron
Historian
Indy owner #305

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 27th looks good. Whatever the date I will do what I can to be there.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could possibly due the following week. August 3rd through the 8th.

Though my Fiero is ... eh, it's no 10.

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 07-12-2014).]

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd make the trip over for that, if it was on a Sunday that I'm not on-call. 27th is currently good for me (though schedules change during summer).

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to top

Ron T

------------------

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in going, but the 27th is the Shipman show weekend.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Need to get the date set before we loose the chance.
kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's the 27th, I think both me and my son are in.
86 2M6 and 88 Formula.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car is apart and wont be done till late Aug. i may just show up to see you guys, but I have no Fiero avail.
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well my car will be done I'm itching for a road trip! Maybe the previous owner would be willing to go with me. He worked at the plant.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it confirmed for the 27th? If so what time are we to meet at the plant?
PFF
System Bot
paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
checking Fri also may move to a date in Aug. maybe two chances. let let all know.
Ron

------------------

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

I would be interested in going, but the 27th is the Shipman show weekend.

Good point.
paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talked to my contact today. if you want to go on the 27 of July that can be done. I need to know so I can let my contact to let security know. The new owners have also give us the OK for a date in Aug. I wll have to talk to them for a date.

Ron T
historian

------------------

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm good for the 27th but am also open for another date.
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm good for the 27th. I can't commit to other dates without knowing what they are, but can try.

------------------
--
Seq

Fieronut83

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieronut83Send a Private Message to Fieronut83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I still lived in the Midwest. This sounds like it will be an interesting event.

John
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess no news is bad news.

I am guessing that the 27th is a bust. I can't promise that date is going to be good for me or not any longer since there has not been anything solid set yet.

Maybe I will just pick a date and go by myself and hope I can find and convince someone to let me in for a couple of photos.
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARKaiser:

I guess no news is bad news.

I am guessing that the 27th is a bust. I can't promise that date is going to be good for me or not any longer since there has not been anything solid set yet.

Maybe I will just pick a date and go by myself and hope I can find and convince someone to let me in for a couple of photos.

I've already blocked the whole day off, and had pre-arranged with my wife that I'd be gone. If plant #17 doesn't happen, I'd still be up for a meet & greet, and possibly a short cruise.

------------------
--
Seq

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will call my contact and let them know a few wll be at plant #17 on the 27th. I plan on being there 3:00 PM also will be making a date in Sept. when Fred B.can make it.

Ron T
historian

------------------

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK then I will see you around 3pm then. Thanks Ron for arranging this.
PFF
System Bot
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I guess it looks like I will not be coming on Sunday. Looks like I was to late in firming it up and other plans got made.
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So where is this place? From some google-fu, it seems to be "888 Baldwin Ave, Pontiac, MI, USA"?

------------------
--
Seq

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exit 84B off of i75. about 3 miles west of i75 Balwin road. you will see a guard shack and what remains of plant #17

Ron T

------------------

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
see you guys there Sunday the 27th
were set to go. security will be notified for us to be there!
Ron T

------------------

kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to thank Ron for setting up the visit to Plant #17. It was great meeting him and his grandson!
We are parked on what used to be the plant floor of Plant #17. Kind of felt like we were walking on hollowed ground.

Left to right, it's my son's 86 2M6, Ron's Pace Car, my Formula.

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did make it, but I missed you guys.

After making my way through construction & the border crossing:

* My US Sim card didn't work, and thus losing my nav directions when I rebooted my phone
* AND the cached copy of this forum page
* Luckily, I did print directions as a backup. Of course, I left them on the printer
* Stopping for directions, and folks not knowing what I'm talking about or where I'm going. I'm pretty sure one clerk didn't know where he actually was.
* Buying the only map in the convenience store
* It's a US atlas. It could get me to L.A., but doesn't have much for local roads.
* Finally finding Baldwin
* Accidentally finding Auburn Hills

Then FINALLY finding the empty lot that looked like what I saw on Street View. Unfortunately, it was already 4:45, and I didn't see any Fieros. I parked up the road, and was somewhat hot and pissed off at that point (I left at 12:00, and don't have A/C), so it's probably better I didn't meet anybody

I had no phone/data, no way of looking to see if anybody was still around, so I said "**** it", turned around, and went back home. I had my own personal thunder cloud over me the entire way. I'm not even joking. The rain started almost as soon as I found the empty lot at 4;45, and the weather radar had the clouds following me all the way up the 401.

Anyway, I just got home now.

Looking forward to next time!

------------------
--
Seq

[This message has been edited by seq (edited 07-27-2014).]

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be working with the new owners (taking ownership Aug. 1 2014) for a date in Sept. will keep posted

Ron

------------------

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there still a chance we are going to be doing a date in Sept?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock