Started on: 07-07-2014 08:42 PM
Replies: 13 (460 views)
Last post by: lou_dias on 07-11-2014 01:41 PM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone sell replacement weather-strips that the glass presses against when you close the door with the windows up?
I thought the Fiero Store did but I can't seem to find them...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try Here.....Listed under Universal Parts.
http://www.steelerubber.com/

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 07-08-2014).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check in the mall for a good used set. I sold a bunch of them a while back. They are specific to the Fiero, so universal will not work as well.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the Fiero Store had molded reproduction ones...
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

I thought the Fiero Store had molded reproduction ones...

They did but they ran out of stock and said there wasn't enough demand to justify the cost of doing another run.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well this is going to prevent me from buying a local 86 GT ... Not gonna buy a car that leaks water and it's probably got hidden damage from water already when I think about it...
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

well this is going to prevent me from buying a local 86 GT ... Not gonna buy a car that leaks water and it's probably got hidden damage from water already when I think about it...

Weatherstripping is an easy fix, used will work fine. I would check out the car, check for water issues and if the weatherstripping is the only bad thing, I would still buy it and put an ad in the mall or look on ebay.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That has never been an extremely hard find , like he says post in the WTB....someone will have a nice set....
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DIY_Stu used to make THE best replacements out there, but has not been making them lately. HERE is a link to another member making & selling them in the mall. They brough a pair to the NIFE meeting, and they were very well received and reviewed.

They are far better than the ones the Fiero Store was offering, and he has them in stock and ready to ship.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-10-2014).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

DIY_Stu used to make THE best replacements out there, but has not been making them lately. HERE is a link to another member making & selling them in the mall. They brough a pair to the NIFE meeting, and they were very well received and reviewed.

Those are the dew wipes. I think the OP is talking about the entire door/window weatherstripping. Bad dew wipes wouldn't be a reason to not buy a car, that is for sure.

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DUH! Wow, I did NOT read that first post closely enough! I read "the strip that the glass presses against", and by brain made a dumb decision without even consulting me first!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-10-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have replacement dew wipes and the passenger side of this car needs the outer one replaced...but no, I am looking for the molded weather strip/gasket that attached to the car's door frame.

Thanks!
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/84-...em2a3fc075c3&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/84-...em2a4006ea96&vxp=mtr

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-11-2014).]

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock