Swaping a 3.4 pushrod v6 into an '84 Fiero by Orwells84
Started on: 07-06-2014 11:19 PM
Replies: 3 (270 views)
Last post by: Orwells84 on 07-07-2014 10:51 PM
Orwells84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orwells84Send a Private Message to Orwells84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright, I'm really new to PFF at this point, so I thought I'd ask someones advice for my project. I bought an '84 Fiero on Craigslist for 600 dollars with the intention of swapping in a v6. Naturally, I chose the 3.4 pr because parts from a 2.8 would bolt right up to it. I installed a COMP-CAMS PERFORMANCE CAM KIT (260H), an '85 Fiero oil pan(2.8), an '85 Fiero timing chain cover(2.8), an i moved the starter to the other side of the engine. I'm wanting to run a carburetor and distributor ignition system on it to that I can keep things simple. I know that Edelbrock makes an intake for this engine that you can mount a four barrel, but could I use an intake from a carbureted 2.8 S-10? Or would that be too restrictive? Also, will the 3.4 flexplate bolt up to my automatic's torque converter? any advice would be very helpful.

------------------
#DVS

[This message has been edited by Orwells84 (edited 07-07-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to PFF!

You need to ask your questions in the area called 'Technical Discussion and Questions'. I think you will get more responses.....also do some searching for V6's into 84 Fieros to find out more about the wiring.....it's a little more involved.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Orwells84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orwells84Send a Private Message to Orwells84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies! I'll make sure to move this thread to the technical discussion. Also, Thanks for the link TopNotch. I think it will prove extremely useful once I dig into the wiring.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock