St. Louis Feiro Clubs by notwohorns
Started on: 07-06-2014 02:51 PM
Replies: 31 (563 views)
Last post by: Drew-py on 09-28-2014 11:00 PM
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't find the old thread. I just wanted to keep it going. Anybody want to get together?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. Not too far away, though.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We could meet up at gateway motorsports in granite. I will check to see if they have photo shoots along the track for are cars.Hey notwohorns,does the fiero smell any better today?lol
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's getting better. I can't believe see did that. Too much wine
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, you cant talk about that and not tell the story. Pony up!
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Okay, you cant talk about that and not tell the story. Pony up!

Agree,lol! Did you take the curvy and hilly back roads of Greenville that led to this mess?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No teasers. Story?
FieroReinke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am always up for getting together with other Fiero nuts. I am down in Cuba, about an hour and a half from STL. if you guys are ever up for driving some fun back roads, let me know and I can set up some very fun routes through the national forrest, it would make for a very fun day trip.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reinke, that'd be cool. Would almost have to be a Sunday pm for me, though, or I'd hve to bring my truck. My kids won't fit in my Fiero.

Now for these guys who just tantalize us. If you're going to post teasers, you have to tell the whole story. We're all Fiero family.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's right Tshark. At a party and on the way home she did it. I couldn't believe it. My new interior, Grrrr
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps Fiero meetings won't produce those results. Better for everyone.
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any of the local guys have a 86 flywheel your willing to sell? Mine is shot and I would like to get the engine back in the car this week, currently on vacation.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did that engine & tranny get to? Should have a flywheel in it.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Where did that engine & tranny get to? Should have a flywheel in it.

Are you referring to the one that was free here in the St. Louis area? I haven't found the post but I think the flywheel wasn't in the pic.

FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an old 88 Flywheel. I don't know if it could be made to work with an 86 engine.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks but the 88's don't work, the older flywheels are externally balanced. Maybe I should switch to an 88 motor but if I go that far I would go to the 3800, not enough $$ for that right now. I am taking my fly to a machine shop tomorrow to see if they can work a miricale. I wonder if they could take out the old and add a new ring of material in there.
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody tried to tilt the engine to pull the man. Trany. Need to replace clutch don't want to have to drop whole cradle.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering where you'd gotten to, Virgin. Wouldn't it be easier to pull the cradle?

I take it your '87 still isn't running.
FieroVirgin87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVirgin87GTSend a Private Message to FieroVirgin87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure never did it before . Plus if my ac works I didn't want to jinx it by messing with it.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroVirgin87GT:

Has anybody tried to tilt the engine to pull the man. Trany. Need to replace clutch don't want to have to drop whole cradle.

You can lower the rear of the cradle just enough to get it out without rotating the engine. It sucks, but it's doable.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have replaced the tranny through the wheel well before without even rotating the cradle. Not an easy job. It is much easier for me at least to drop the cradle. You can do it and leave the AC connected to the car, just use some coat hanger wire to hang it so its not stressing the AC lines. I do remember it was a b!tch getting the splines to line up when putting the tranny back into the car when going in through the wheel well. It was a three man job.
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I did mine (many years ago), I put it in high gear and use an axle to turn it back and forth. A junk tripot from an old axle would have been easier.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody from the area going to the Fierorama? I'm leaving Saturday morning if anyone wants to caravan
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going, but late Friday night. I'll stay about 20 miles out, then at the host hotel Saturday night.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tshark. Describe your Fiero so I can recognize you up there. I'll be in a 86 SE solid red with GT wheels (one of the red Fieros. ha ha)
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lucky you. Still sans red Fiero.

Mine is a white '88 GT. Gold rims. You met me before at the planes on sticks, right?
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe so. Is yours the one that used to be an Indy?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No. No such luck. I was the second Fiero to arrive. Then there were 2 other red Fieros, then a blue one, then another white one, and the Indy.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I know who you are. Well, it's good to see you again. I was the first car there that day. I'll see you up at fierorama
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought so. See you there.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys (and gals), we have a small challenge. If we can get together a large enough group of Fieros on a predictable, repeatable basis, some of the Fiero owners from other areas will come. I'm not talking about a handful or two, but a small parking lot worth.

Apparently, there was a club here that Fiero owners from other areas had at least some contact with. Oddly, there seem to be a lot of Fieros in the St. Louis area, but the owners don't seem to surface on here. All the email addresses I've tried for people in the old club are either no longer valid or don't seem to be monitored. Perhaps these people were run off this forum to Facebook or something.
PFF
System Bot
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in St Charles and am all about starting up another meeting of us. I just created a page on Face Book for Greater St Louis Fiero in hopes of finding other owners. Then when I went to Pontiac IL. for the car show Jeff linked this thread to me. I hope we can all start meeting up and doing group events there are still plenty of good weekends left this year.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock