Saw this poor thing at Watkins Glen by huracan2015
Started on: 07-03-2014 09:54 PM
Replies: 22 (805 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 07-08-2014 08:36 AM
huracan2015

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least he's still driving it! Applause for that!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, that paint is better than mine :/
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's so bad about that Fiero? At least all the body panels are the same color. I've seen a helluva lot worse... even in my own backyard!
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

What's so bad about that Fiero? At least all the body panels are the same color. I've seen a helluva lot worse... even in my own backyard!

Nothing, just seems like a good candidate for a restoration. All original, and nothing broken that I could notice.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats the same paint scheme I see the younger around here using on their Hondas and Toyotas
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paint is over rated.

How's your transmission?
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would make a seriously badass sleeper. Drop a well-built 350 in the back with a nice quiet exhaust system and leave it alone. Would be one helluva great stoplight warrior, crushing the ego of every backwards-hat wearing 20-something in his lowered fart-canon Honda....

Makes me want to do something like that with mine....

Hmmmm......
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Note to readers: NEVER drive a car with a floppy headliner that may obscure your vision. That's a 5 minute repair that may save your life.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://images.fieroforum.co...1/FieroWreck0783.jpg

Now this is a poor thing. You never know. That car could be totally mechanically complete. Just with bad paint. Getting a good paint job is very expensive. Most of the time more money that what the car is worth.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2014 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks fine to me. Could use a headliner and paint, but if it's running fine, and the interior is otherwise clean, it's in better condition that a lot of Fieros.

If you're looking for something to restore, I've got a 62K mile 85 GT that's in real need of restoration, which I'll let go to a good home for a reasonable price. Just bring a flatbed or trailer and cash, and title and keys are yours.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

http://images.fieroforum.co...1/FieroWreck0783.jpg

Now this is a poor thing. You never know. That car could be totally mechanically complete. Just with bad paint. Getting a good paint job is very expensive. Most of the time more money that what the car is worth.

I do not know the whole story, but supposedly the owner of that Fiero went to see it the next day, and was on crutches from just a broken leg. Impressive when looking at the car!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-04-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW...Just WOW!!!
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
compact car?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Compacted car......
Brucepts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceptsClick Here to visit Brucepts's HomePageSend a Private Message to BruceptsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was that at the 6hrs race last weekend? We were there from Thursday till Monday

We saw a white Formula on the way out on Monday on rt 414

I got a ride in one of the BMW M3's doing one of the hot laps before the race, wow that was a ride!

------------------
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
http://www.flowbenchtech.com

huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brucepts:

Was that at the 6hrs race last weekend? We were there from Thursday till Monday

We saw a white Formula on the way out on Monday on rt 414

I got a ride in one of the BMW M3's doing one of the hot laps before the race, wow that was a ride!

Yes it was, is it yours?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol, thats me about 14 years ago. I still have a lot of parts of that Fiero on the shelf and in my 87GT.

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I do not know the whole story, but supposedly the owner of that Fiero went to see it the next day, and was on crutches from just a broken leg. Impressive when looking at the car!

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Lol, thats me about 14 years ago. I still have a lot of parts of that Fiero on the shelf and in my 87GT.

WOW! It is finally nice to know who's car that is. The picture is pretty infamous! Can you tell us some details behind what happened, what speed, what you hit, your injuries? I have always wondered what the real story behind that picture was.

Brucepts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceptsClick Here to visit Brucepts's HomePageSend a Private Message to BruceptsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by huracan2015:

Yes it was, is it yours?

No, I was there with my MH over on Pit Road for the weekend camping, well not really "camping" like everyone else was doing out in the fields we had water, electric and cable. .

------------------
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton

huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, I was there with my MH over on Pit Road for the weekend camping, well not really "camping" like everyone else was doing out in the fields we had water, electric and cable. .

Haha yeah I'm sure a bunch of people were surprised when I pulled up in my Fiero and started unpacking all my camping supplies. My car was stuffed full!
Brucepts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceptsClick Here to visit Brucepts's HomePageSend a Private Message to BruceptsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by huracan2015:

Haha yeah I'm sure a bunch of people were surprised when I pulled up in my Fiero and started unpacking all my camping supplies. My car was stuffed full!

Next year maybe a Fiero meet and greet?? We'll be in the same spot . . .

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Next year maybe a Fiero meet and greet?? We'll be in the same spot . . .

Glad to see you are still on the forum :-) (I've been in and out in recent years). We'll be in your neck of the woods for the Neffsville show in September.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

WOW! It is finally nice to know who's car that is. The picture is pretty infamous! Can you tell us some details behind what happened, what speed, what you hit, your injuries? I have always wondered what the real story behind that picture was.

Me too.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock